Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Common Vaping Myths
smokingisdead1 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Common Vaping Myths
Just like anything new or old there are myths about vaping that need to be addressed. A lot of people are against vaping because it's new and different than conventional ways of smoking, but I will show you there is nothing to worry about with vaping.

1. It's worse than cigarettes
Cigarettes have hundreds of toxic chemicals in them that contribute to most lung cancer. Vaping only has four chemicals in them that are non-toxic: propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, nicotine, and flavoring. When vaping the propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, and flavoring turn into vapor instead of breaking down into more compounds like cigarettes do. So no, vaping is not worse than cigarettes. Not even close.

2. Nicotine can't be controlled 
Now wait a minute. Vaping can precisely control nicotine levels, why else would they say 6 mg/ml or 12 mg/ml? Nicotine in cigarettes cannot be controlled as well as in vaping. So of course nicotine can be controlled in vaping!

3. It's more expensive than cigarettes
Vaping can seem expensive at first but over the course of a few weeks it will save you money. Price also depends on what you want to vape on. So no it is actually cheaper by hundreds to thousands of dollars per year.

Vaping is not as bad as people say it is. It is a lot healthier than cigarettes from lack of carcinogens and tar. Lots of people do it just to have fun or to quit smoking. It's not a habit it's a hobby.

http://www.smokingisdead1.com

A website for new or old vapers to help each other out and learn about vaping.
10-12-2014 07:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like smokingisdead1's post:
goosesrh (02-18-2015), Robjenko (02-27-2015), stickle (03-22-2015)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,002
RE: Common Vaping Myths
Welcome to TVF!

I've checked your site over and it contains some helpful information for new vapers or those looking to make the switch from tobacco. Thanks for sharing and I wish you the best of luck with your trademark application (those are expensive) Smile

Cheers Good
10-12-2014 08:22 PM
Bill K Offline

Likes Given: 2
Thank you for the info!
19-01-2015 09:30 PM
Michael Offline
I'm back!

Likes Given: 17,425
Welcome to the forum Bill! 
19-01-2015 11:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
goosesrh Offline

Likes Given: 18
I'll tell you, I didn't do any research on vaping before I started after Christmas. I just asked my friends! All my friends vape, and have extra parts, tanks, batteries, juice, etc. They all said as soon as they picked up a vape and found the right nicotine percentage for them and a few "delicious" flavors, they dropped cigarettes like a hot stone! That was enough for me to walk into a shop and start experiencing the fun for myself!
18-02-2015 10:48 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like goosesrh's post:
Flyndutchman (05-18-2015), Michael (02-27-2015)
stickle Offline

Likes Given: 29
I had a chat with my doctor today, who as it happens was a four pack a day smoker !!!! until 2003. He packed it in when he discovered that he needed bypass surgery on his leg veins.  He told me that the nicotine had constricted the veins and caused the problem.       I told him that I was now a vapor, and he thought that was good especially as I did not need nicotine.
I had thought that nicotine was as harmless as caffeine, but I was wrong.
09-03-2015 11:36 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like stickle's post:
Eggza (08-06-2016), Flyndutchman (05-18-2015)
Michael Offline
I'm back!

(09-03-2015 11:36 PM)stickle Wrote:  I had a chat with my doctor today, who as it happens was a four pack a day smoker !!!! until 2003. He packed it in when he discovered that he needed bypass surgery on his leg veins.  He told me that the nicotine had constricted the veins and caused the problem.       I told him that I was now a vapor, and he thought that was good especially as I did not need nicotine.
I had thought that nicotine was as harmless as caffeine, but I was wrong.

I don't want to sound like I'm saying your doctor is wrong, because I'm not a medical professional so I'm sure he has a lot of knowledge about the subject. But there have been recent studies that have shown that nicotine itself is pretty much harmless, so I'd suggest that you and he both take a look at the new research coming out. I don't have the exact link, I'll try to find it for you, but the study showed that although nicotine does raise blood pressure slightly during use, it quickly returns to normal, and there has even been evidence to suggest that nicotine in moderate doses can actually help lower blood pressure in the long-term. It might be that the other chemicals (something around 5,000 of them) that are in cigarettes were the real culprit in your doctor's case. Of course like I said before, I don't presume to know more than your doctor, but I'd say it's definitely worth looking into. Fortunately, as your doctor said, vaping doesn't have to involve nicotine at all, so if you're not comfortable having nicotine in your e-liquid then just get it without.
10-03-2015 04:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
I'm back!

I found the link! Nicotine and Blood Pressure

This is a great article by one of the writers here on our forum, ElectronicEmily. It talks about the effects of nicotine on blood pressure, as well as effects of smoking in general. Unfortunately, there have not been many studies about vaping and blood pressure, but this article cites several studies about smoking or plain nicotine, and a lot of that information can be applied to e-cigs as well. 

And while we're on the topic, here's another article from the same site (The Ashtray Blog) talking about 10 facts about nicotine that vapers should know, including the good, bad and ugly about nicotine and e-cigs. Well worth the read for any vaper, to find out the truth behind some vaping myths.
10-03-2015 04:42 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Michael's post:
BOB (03-10-2015), RX200Cali (03-02-2016), stickle (03-10-2015)
stickle Offline

Likes Given: 29
One of the reasons I decided to give up smoking was because my legs started to hurt, and I had pins and needles in my legs and feet. It was worse when I was in bed.      A month after giving up I noticed a significant improvement, and now three months later I have no pain and no pins and needles either.   What part of the cigarettes was causing it I can't say, but it was the cigarettes.   

I found out when I started vaping ( two months after giving up cigarettes ) that I did not need nicotine. I did not know until I tried vaping that I had already weaned myself off it.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 08:01 AM by stickle.)
10-03-2015 07:55 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like stickle's post:
JohnnyMac (03-11-2015), Michael (03-10-2015), Spasmod (03-16-2015)
Elberto34 Offline

Likes Given: 2
Vaping is cheaper and healthier too.  E-cigarettes are a safer way to get a nicotine fix, or a way for smokers to break a nasty habit, and it is less harmful than traditional cigarettes.
16-03-2015 06:31 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like Elberto34's post:
Michael (03-17-2015), Spasmod (03-16-2015), stickle (03-22-2015)