Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coil wrapping calculator
Mikedin Offline

Likes Given: 21
Coil wrapping calculator
steam engine coil calculatorHello all I'm new to this forum but am a frequent member of another forum a member there made this calculator to guide you with your coil ventures I use it daily it also has tabs for DIY juice making wattage and amp calculators to keep you safe with your batteries and many other useful tabs as for the coil calculator simply select your type of wire your coil diameter and preferred ohm and th the bottom will give you the amount of wraps needed to get your preferred resistance along with heat flux (how hot the vape is ) and many other helpful info 

Once you get used to this tool you'll love it leave your feedback on this thread to see if it helped you or if you need help using it I'll help the best I can! Link is below!

steam engine coil calculator
12-09-2015 02:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikedin's post:
BOB (09-14-2015), Don (09-12-2015), Galaxyrider (09-17-2015)
Don Online
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,420
RE: Coil wrapping calculator
I don/t know how I'd get on without this - it really is incredibly useful.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
12-09-2015 02:08 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
Mikedin (09-12-2015)
Mikedin Offline

(12-09-2015 02:08 PM) Don Wrote:  I don/t know how I'd get on without this - it really is incredibly useful.

It really has to be the best tool I've found thus far in my venture of Vaping, I've found my ohm meter to be almost identical to the output of this tool and have used it to make hundreds of coils to exact specs I was looking for don't forget to select either single coil/dual/tripe/quad or whatever you plan on making, the output at the end of calculating will per how many wraps are needed PER COIL to get your desired resistance
12-09-2015 02:40 PM
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
(12-09-2015 02:01 PM)Mikedin Wrote:  steam engine coil calculatorHello all I'm new to this forum but am a frequent member of another forum a member there made this calculator to guide you with your coil ventures I use it daily it also has tabs for DIY juice making wattage and amp calculators to keep you safe with your batteries and many other useful tabs as for the coil calculator simply select your type of wire your coil diameter and preferred ohm and th the bottom will give you the amount of wraps needed to get your preferred resistance along with heat flux (how hot the vape is ) and many other helpful info 

Once you get used to this tool you'll love it leave your feedback on this thread to see if it helped you or if you need help using it I'll help the best I can! Link is below!

steam engine coil calculator
Im now using Stainless Steel wire (26ga), I have no idea what it is according to this calculator. I do know its hospital grade, used in surgery.. if that helps. I do know that 6 turns on a 2.5 mm mandrel, runs out to about 1.8 ohms.. I think. This coil was made for me at my local vape shop. I love the "Right Now" performance of SS, but I have yet to get a roll of my own.

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2015 04:49 AM by Galaxyrider.)
17-09-2015 04:47 AM
Don Online
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,420
It'll be 304, 316 or 317 I think Phoenix.

They aren't hugely different in resistivity. 

But it is always a good idea to measure resistance after the atty is built as no calculator can predict shorts.

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
17-09-2015 06:04 AM
Mikedin Offline

Yep like don said it will be one of the above grades and they should lol be very close , best bet will be make a coil following the calculator and try it, them measure the resistance on the coil itself and see what one of the 3 is closest to the correct ohm reading , I don't personally use ss so I can't really tell you what it would be exactly but all 3 should be very close to the outcome , at worst check all 3 of them and know look either the heat flux or the exact resistance per coil and average them and use that As a buffer so you don't build too low on accident (or just use whatever one consistently shows the lowest resistance) as going higher won't hurt 
17-09-2015 11:19 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mikedin's post:
TinWhisker (09-17-2015)