Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coil longevity
stickle Offline

Likes Given: 29
Coil longevity
How long are coils supposed to last ?  The reason I ask is that I have never replaced one, I'm beginning to wonder if I have just been lucky, or it's normal for them to last a long time.  I am using an ego-one.
23-03-2015 02:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Coil longevity
Generally speaking, coils are made to last about 2 weeks max. if you use it a lot, you might notice the flavor going sour sooner than that. I change the coils in my ProTank about once a week, but that's just because I'm a flavor junkie so I change them as soon as they start tasting a little weird, but most people are fine with them for longer than that. I haven't used an eGo-one, but pretty much all tanks have the same recommendations so I'm sure that one is no different. I'd suggest you change it whenever you feel like it's not tasting right or it's not performing the way you want it to, regardless of whether it's been a week or a month. If it works, why mess with it?
23-03-2015 02:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
stickle (03-23-2015)
Pulsar Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 979
I usually waited until the flavor started being wonky, or the vapor production started to seem like it was dying out. Usually about once a week, sometimes quite longer sometimes within a few days.I would say about a week on average with just about all decent working premade coils, whether it was a 510 Atty, carto or replaceable heads.

Now if you rebuild and are careful wicking and removing the wick, you can just remove the wick and fire it red hot and quench it under water a few times until its clean, and rewick it and use it over and over again

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
23-03-2015 04:28 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulsar's post:
stickle (03-23-2015)
stickle Offline

Likes Given: 29
That explains the almost total lack of flavour, my next thread was where to buy e-juice with more flavour.

Thanks guys
23-03-2015 11:11 AM