Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coil issue - smok stick v8 kit with big baby beast
Prozac4dave Offline

Likes Given: 0
RE: Coil issue - smok stick v8 kit with big baby beast
Sorry if I'm reviving a dead thread. I registered just to comment here. The Smok Stick V8 was designed to work primarily with the M2 coils, hence the "Direct Voltage" writing on the M2 coils. The Smok Stick is non adjustable and can and will supply up to 20 volts to any coil used, IT IS AN UNREGULATED DEVICE. The M2 coils are designed with this in mind and have been built so that they can handle and withstand that voltage. As far as coils only lasting a little while, perhaps change juices, a rule of thumb with absolutely any coil including self made coils is, the sweeter the juice the quicker the coil dies. Some coils handle this better than others for sure, also the quality of the juice plays a large role in coil life. I DIY my own juice as I have for the last 5+ years and it's impossible to make a juice that works perfectly in every tank on every mod and every time I get a new set up I have to adjust one part or another to try and get the longest life possible from each style of coil.  
30-04-2017 01:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Prozac4dave's post:
Fatboy (04-30-2017)
Pulsar Online
Super Moderator
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 714
I think you mean 20 amps, because that device is a single cell battery...

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
30-04-2017 01:46 AM
glowster21 Offline

Likes Given: 0
I too just got a Smok Stick V8, and have several Baby, Big Baby, and TFV8 Tanks in my rotation. The coils designed to be used with the Stick are the M2 coils that come in the kit. They're designed to fire at a 3.7 VOLTS not wattage,  and that's in the sweet spot for the Stick. I rotated a couple of my Big Baby's with non M2 coils onto my new Stick and as expected the Stick won't output enough wattage to get the most from the other coils. The M2 however gives PHENOMENAL flavor and cloud, comparable to the other Baby coils I use on my Alien or Gpriv Mods. As far as longevity my coil of choice in the Baby and Big Baby is the Q2 .4 ohm, running anywhere from 45 watts to 80 depending on the Juice. I run max vg thick, dark juices on the higher side and my fruity juices closer to 45. On my mods I get between 800 and 1000 puffs with the Q2 and T6 running the noted wattage, EVERY TIME WITHOUT FAIL. I prime the same way, screw the coil to the base, close the airflow, 3 to 4 drops in each slot on the sides of the coil, 2 to 3 onto the cotton visible on the top of the coil, finish putting the tank together and fill to the top of the glass. Make sure the airflow is closed off and I do 5 to 10 now power pulls to create the vacuum, let it sit for 1 to 2 minutes and start with a few hits with full airflow at 35 watts, then 5 watts up and 5 more puffs, 5 watts up 5 puffs again, then I increase wattage to the best flavor and vape away. The M2 in the Stick you should prime the same way, and just start normal vaping after it's primed. The M2 that came installed in my stick was the .15 and amazing from the very 1st puff. However, as has happened occasionally with other Smok Coils, it started to leak like crazy. Did the same thing to it that I used to do on my TFV4's, prime the top of the coil and thread it on the chimney, finish priming the side slots and slide the glass on, then screw the upper part of the tank with the coil attached, directly into the base. Close the airflow and do a few non powered puffs for vacuum, open the air and vape away...no leaks.With the M2 stick I'm vaping 80/20 juice, dark frosted flakes flavor, with zero drop off in flavor and cloud. I Vape with it daily as it's small in my pocket and vaped over 60ml of 3mg nicotine 80/20 juice with the coil still going strong after 10 days.
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2017 09:15 PM by glowster21.)
31-05-2017 09:10 PM