Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coil issue - smok stick v8 kit with big baby beast
kero Offline

Likes Given: 34
Coil issue - smok stick v8 kit with big baby beast
Hey All,

Been a while since I posted last. Hope everyone is well and happily vaping.

I just purchased the smok stick v8 kit with the big baby beast. In general I must says it's a pretty kick ass vape overall but I am having coil issues or at least I think I am.

This kit came with (2) m2 coils. One .15ohm and one .25ohm. Both coils lasted only 3 days. Each day I vaped about 1 to 1.5 tanks of juice. Pretty much just vaping here and there throughout the day at work and sometimes at night. A light vaper if you ask me.

Then I bought the x4 coil and thought it would last longer. This coil, again a .15ohm coil lasted two days. This vape was much warmer and bordered on to hot at times.

Anyway, I don't vape heavy and don't even take monster hits when I do.

I came from vaping on an eleaf TC40W with a triton 2 tank. The aspire .5ohm clapton coils vaped at 39 watts lasted me a min of a week with similar use.

Is it just me or the smok coils as mentioned above just not long lasting coils.

Now, is it possible with a mod that I can set the watts, these coils would normally last longer?

Any thoughts would be appreciated as the mod/device is great but coils that go this quick don't make it an economical device for me to stay with.

Based on my research, these big baby beast coils last a decent while.

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 18-02-2017 05:50 AM by kero.)
18-02-2017 05:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes kero's post:
Fatboy (02-18-2017)
Ripnhl2005 Offline
Dammit now I want bacon!!!!
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 540
RE: Coil issue - smok stick v8 kit with big baby beast
What wattage are you using for each coil? What type of juice are you using also? Max vg? Dark? I've been using baby beast for awhile now and tend to get burnt hits after using thicker juice but once I put in thinner 60/40 juice it tastes like a new coil again

18-02-2017 04:29 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Ripnhl2005's post:
BOB (02-18-2017), ecignut (02-18-2017), Fatboy (02-18-2017)
ecignut Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 7,349
Sounds like a juice issue - factory coils don't like thick juice 50/50 is best and 60% VG is max for this type of coil. I am with Rip on this - juice of more than 60% VG is really for RDA's
18-02-2017 05:01 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
Ripnhl2005 (02-18-2017)
Tabs Offline

Likes Given: 1
I have just purchased this and agree with you. It burns out to quick. I have hardly vaped on the V8 as all i get his hot harsh hits and only used 3 quarter of the tank. Sooo dissatisfied and i am using a 50vg 50pg mix. 
19-02-2017 07:58 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tabs's post:
kero (02-20-2017)
ecignut Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 7,349
You still have not told us the power you are using - the coil should not burn unless you are using too much power - we have ruled out the juice.

Edit - silly me - age again - this appears to be a mech. type device - no power adjustment - I am too old to understand how you vape with these things - I am interested now to find out how to use these.[Image: tongue.gif]
19-02-2017 06:52 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
kero (02-20-2017)
Nutzy Yambag Offline

Likes Given: 5
All my juices are 80/20 and I've never had an issue with any of the coils I've tried on the Stick V8 that I have. I have three Big Baby tanks, each with a different type coil and juice and all have performed fantastically on mine and I have never had any coil last any less than a week! But.....I'm not vaping my V8 all day long either. It's been strictly my on-the-go device because of its convenient size. I'm a chain-vaper by nature, too, so it does get put through its paces and does receive daily usage. I don't believe that, by design, it was ever intended to be an all-day-every-day device and knowing this, I've never used it as such, which may be why I've had better luck with it.
20-02-2017 04:26 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nutzy Yambag's post:
kero (02-20-2017)
kero Offline

Guys, thanks for the feedback. I mostly vape either 70/30 or 80/20 as that is what is primarily available near me in the stores. I am moving shortly over to DIY juice so that might help.

In addition, only vape pretty clear juices, never dark. 0mg nicotine as well. Mostly sweetish fruity type juices or strawberry vanilla type juices.

Ecig: I came from an eleaf TC40W with a triton 2 tank. Worked just fine but wanted something a bit more and the v8 stick got good reviews and had a tank I was interested in trying. This device is primarily for work and on the go. I am going to get something for home that is more a traditional mod and tank. There are some new nice options out there so it will take me a little time to make a decision. For now the v8 stick will have to suffice. Oh, I know you must be kidding about using these, just hit the button and vape rofl!

Nutzy: it's my all day device for now but I don't vape every second of every day. I vape about a tank a day to 1.5 tanks a day. I think that would qualify as a light vaper, no?

I do like the smok mini alien al85 kit and i have a feeling with being able to adjust the wattage, the coil issue could be avoided.

I have a feeling the stick v8 is set to max out the coils each hit, just a theory.

I am going to conduct an experiment. I am going to get a bottle of lost art liquids unicorn puke (an old favorite) that is 60/40 and see how it works and report back, however, that will be in a week when I need a new bottle so hang tight.
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2017 05:12 PM by kero.)
20-02-2017 04:59 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like kero's post:
ecignut (02-20-2017), Fatboy (02-22-2017)
kero Offline

Picked up a T6 coil today to see how it performs, just giving it a good soak right now before using it and will see how long it lasts, again about 1 tank to 1.5 tanks a day.
21-02-2017 11:22 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes kero's post:
Fatboy (02-22-2017)
kero Offline

I can't tell you how pissed off I am, after about one full day of using the new T6 coil, not more than 2 tanks in total, the coil is giving constant burned dry hits no matter what I do. The flavor was never there and the vapor was half of the x4.

At this point, it has to be the battery with this kit and overpowering the coils OR the coils just simply suck balls and that is that.

So, I'm most likely gonna grab either online or locally the eleaf ipower and test it with this tank and if the same problem persists, move away from smok and maybe check out the vaperesso veco plus tank with the EUC coils. Worse case scenario move back to the triton 2 tank with the tried and true .5ohm clapton coils which performed pretty good for what they are.
23-02-2017 02:50 AM
Toopizard Offline
Chevy Nomad Fan
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 480
I have the tfv8 baby beast also and the coils really dont last long for me either. Ive tried em all.  Max about a week.  I vape at like 50 watts all day though.  Then again ive had this problem with most tanks.  I find if you burp it every five hits or so it helps.  Also closing the airflow a little 3/4 of the way and taking four dry pulls every once in a while seems to help as well.  Its annoying as hell for sure.  Might be better of getting an rda. 
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2017 02:59 AM by Toopizard.)
28-02-2017 02:56 AM