Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coffe time ?
Chuck-Drl Offline
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 3,440
Coffe time ?
just for kicks what is your favorite coffe flavor .
mine is coffe ,but i am rather partial to hazelnut

and fyi , its always coffe time

"The further back you look , the further ahead you can see " Winston Churchill
16-11-2015 06:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Xprimentyl Offline

Likes Given: 402
RE: Coffe time ?
Since my visit to the absolute greatest place on the planet (New Orleans, LA) back during the week of Halloween in 2014, I’ve grown partial to their Chicory coffee served as café au lait (coffee with milk) at Café du Monde in the French Quarter. Chicory is kind of a strong, savory flavor (I can’t drink a whole pot of it like I can standard grocery store coffees,) but it’s a good one.

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
16-11-2015 06:54 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Xprimentyl's post:
Chuck-Drl (11-16-2015)
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,194
(16-11-2015 06:54 PM)Xprimentyl Wrote:  Since my visit to the absolute greatest place on the planet (New Orleans, LA)

Yikes. I'm often bewildered as to how people can think differently from me, but I also love it. If not for differing opinions, what fun would life be?

My opinion of the Big Easy is about as opposite of yours as can be possible. I had the misfortune of spending a week there earlier this year. Key-ripes! What a dang stench that whole place has! You know, they have to bleach Bourbon Street every morning? That whole place smelled like a sewer everywhere I went. Plus, all surfaces were like sticky, everything was dirty, old, and just generally blah. I walked down Bourbon Street at night just to say I did. Funny, I saw about 5 places I remember from watching the show Cops. To each his own. Obviously, there are plenty of people that think like you do, so I'm probably the odd duck. But I would so much enjoy never going again. Unfortunately, it's on the tour list next year so I'm going back. Gah! Stinky, loud, expensive, dirty. I may have thought it differently if I was lucky enough to see a ghost, but no such luck. Other types of spirits were far more prevalent.

Coffee- Hmm, I like coffee flavor and sometimes caramel coffee flavor. Now, did you mean drinking or vaping?
16-11-2015 07:35 PM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,140
When it comes to coffee, I prefer a lightish roast brewed very strong. As for flavour additives, just don't!!!!

I gave away a couple of pounds of hazelnut flavoured coffee - it rapidly became nauseating to me.

The world's best coffee IMO comes from Jamaica's Blue Mountain but that stuff is hideously expensive and pretty high in caffeine so when brewed to get the fantastic taste I can only drink about an espresso cup worth of it before ODing on caffeine.

What I actually drink all the time (I get through around a pound of beans a week) is a very high quality Kenyan coffee. And isn't frighteningly expensive like Blue Mountain coffee is.

Many people can't take coffee the way I like it though. When I was brewing coffee for my American classmates, I was using 5 times more coffee per brew than they were. They did tend to dilute my coffee quite a lot.

Life is too short for weak coffee.

I don't sweeten it - I don't like sweet drinks. And I've not added milk to it in 30 years.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
16-11-2015 08:05 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
Chuck-Drl (11-16-2015)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,565
Smile RE: Coffe time ?
My first cup of coffee in the morning is a strong brew made in the Nespresso machine. One giant mug two huge spoonfulls of honey and a generous amount of evaporated milk. Totally disgusting[Image: smile.gif]. The rest of my coffee during the day is black Alta Rica instant - strong and often - about 6 a day - then of course my tea - about 10 cups a day because I am cutting down[Image: smile.gif].
16-11-2015 09:04 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
Chuck-Drl (11-16-2015)
Chuck-Drl Offline
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 3,440
my grandfather calls my coffee john wayne coffee , brew pour and drink add nothing but a cup.

"The further back you look , the further ahead you can see " Winston Churchill
16-11-2015 09:15 PM
Xprimentyl Offline

Likes Given: 402
(16-11-2015 07:35 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  
(16-11-2015 06:54 PM)Xprimentyl Wrote:  Since my visit to the absolute greatest place on the planet (New Orleans, LA)

Yikes. I'm often bewildered as to how people can think differently from me, but I also love it. If not for differing opinions, what fun would life be?

My opinion of the Big Easy is about as opposite of yours as can be possible. I had the misfortune of spending a week there earlier this year. Key-ripes! What a dang stench that whole place has! You know, they have to bleach Bourbon Street every morning? That whole place smelled like a sewer everywhere I went. Plus, all surfaces were like sticky, everything was dirty, old, and just generally blah. I walked down Bourbon Street at night just to say I did. Funny, I saw about 5 places I remember from watching the show Cops. To each his own. Obviously, there are plenty of people that think like you do, so I'm probably the odd duck. But I would so much enjoy never going again. Unfortunately, it's on the tour list next year so I'm going back. Gah! Stinky, loud, expensive, dirty. I may have thought it differently if I was lucky enough to see a ghost, but no such luck. Other types of spirits were far more prevalent.

Coffee- Hmm, I like coffee flavor and sometimes caramel coffee flavor. Now, did you mean drinking or vaping?

Ha! Yes, I cannot dispute New Orleans’ “unique” odors (and watching the street sweeper hose down the streets every morning was a bit of a “come to Jesus” moment,) but those aside, I love everything about the place: the food, the culture, the history, the people, the music, etc.; everything about is amazing to me. I work in corporate America where pretense is 99.9% of the culture, so I like to get away from the stuffed-shirted Yes Men/Women to go where I can be around real people, and New Orleans has those in spades. Some people call it the Poor Man’s Las Vegas, and I’ll concede that’s true in some respects, but not in any respect that New Orleans is less than. Vegas is the epitome of pretense, all big and bold affluence, glitz and glam fabricated to intoxicate/distract you and drain your wallet whereas New Orleans intoxicates you with its warmth and intimacy; to see so many locals who have so little but are never short a smile is a humbling experience. Nothing beats a night of loud jazz and laughter, bar hoping through the dozens of bars on Bourbon Street, all punctuated by a cool, quiet morning with café au lait and beignets, watching the Mighty Mississippi sloshing away while listening to 200-year-old church bells slowly tolling in the distance. If I wouldn’t be dead from alcohol poisoning within the first week, I’d move there tomorrow!

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
16-11-2015 10:27 PM