Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Choosing a new E juice
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Choosing a new E juice
It's a good idea to take note of every mix you make, just in case it's a winner. I just use the notepad on my phone and type in the ratios of juices I mix, that way I know "This one started with 50% Hansen Red Marlboro and 50% Coco Virus, but once it got halfway empty I topped it up with Hansen Red and it turned out awesome." (actual recipe that happened to me) Tongue
04-05-2015 02:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,193
I used to keep a dump bottle for failed experiments. One day by mistake I put some of it in a tank and it was lovely. I haven't the faintest idea what all was in there...

Pity that.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
04-05-2015 07:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
Michael (05-04-2015)
Haze Kraze Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 8
(29-04-2015 10:37 AM)Breazy_Com Wrote:  For me it's the flavor that I think I would like. Then I tend to check out reviews from others that have tried it. Also, for me I like higher VG. For sales it's name brands and what's hot. What's selling today might not be selling tomorrow if that makes any sense. Some brands and flavors always seem to do good. Even the name brands become stagnant unless they come out with new flavors.
That's right though ! Innovation is always in demand. You need to keep your customers engaged with new items now and then. 

(29-04-2015 12:25 PM)ecignut Wrote:  I tend to keep to the tobacco flavours and mix them up - therefore I never have the same taste twice. I find the drawback to this however is that twice when I have done this I have had a great flavour but of course never been able to repeat itHuh At the moment I have two mixes going - 1) 30% Virginia, 30% Desert, 20% USA Mix and 20% Turkish. 2) 50% Desert, 30% USA Mix and 20% Vanilla. These are rough measurements - hence I cannot replicate any exactly. I have been meaning to get a syringe to measure more accurately but never got round to it yet - any good mixes I would take a note of. One of these days it will happen.
@ecignut Lol you should think opf becoming an E liquid engineer Tongue Can't you use the new regular syringes ? Yeah but getting it is another thing!

(03-05-2015 09:35 PM)Cman Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 12:31 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  @ecignut I've had the same while randomly mixing up different flavours. One time I had the best tobacco flavour ever and I was distraught when it was gone because I had no idea how I'd made it Big Grin You'd think I would learn but no, same thing has happened since then a few times LOL

Thats the worst lol,  thing is we really don't think what we make will ever turn out to be amazing , thats why i think we don't keep track.  If one does happen to be awesome we cuss under our breath or maybe even out loud but we are left with no clue how to do it again.
Awww! Things you make without learning or remembering them mostly turn up the most awesome lol Tongue

(04-05-2015 07:09 PM)Don Wrote:  I used to keep a dump bottle for failed experiments. One day by mistake I put some of it in a tank and it was lovely. I haven't the faintest idea what all was in there...

Pity that.
Try doing it again. U may not get the same taste but surely gonna have something awesome again Wink
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2015 06:45 AM by Haze Kraze.)
07-05-2015 06:36 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Haze Kraze's post:
Michael (05-07-2015)
Haze Kraze Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 8
(29-04-2015 02:13 PM)Xprimentyl Wrote:  Even having experienced as little as I have, the task of selecting what I like with certainty has been pretty daunting. I can’t imagine knowing as much as you more experienced lot of vapers and having to choose. There are almost TOO many options and TOO many ways to tweak said options! I’m a simple guy; I order “as-is” off the menu, I don’t haggle; if you have something I want, I’m buying; SOLD. Sounds like I should be easy to please, right? Wrong. Each time I go into the vape store and they ask me what type of flavor I’m looking for, my response is invariably mix-bagged enough that it points at nearly every flavor they have on offer.

Rather than throwing my hard-earned cash at every juice that intrigues me (which explains the 2 dozen quarter-vaped bottles of juice I’ve amassed in about 2 weeks,) I’ve tried more recently to narrow my focus and read reviews and look for juices said to have interesting flavor profiles within my comfort zone, but ones that make sense, aren’t overly complicated and tend towards the higher VG side. Like I said, simple guy here; if your juice claims to have a hundred disparate flavors, “steak on the inhale, bacon on the exhale and every flavor of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream in between,” no thanks. Perhaps my palate isn’t sophisticated/mature enough, but for example, I really didn’t like NJOY’s Artists Collection; way too much going on to really appreciate them. I like when a couple simple flavors come together for a great vape experience, not when 13 obscure flavors come together in a cloud of confusion!
That's confusing Wacko
07-05-2015 06:49 AM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
@Don - there's a "probably somewhat true" story about a failed experiment at a University, I believe it was in Oregon, many years ago.  An old professor of mine was there when this happened and I hope I remember the story right, it went something like this...

Some students were running a test in a vacuum chamber.  One of them spilled something on the table, and they called off the experiment.  Another group came in and set their sample on the table without realizing there was a substance on the table.  Their stuff mixed with it, and it ruined their stuff.  They left it there, thinking they would talk to somebody about the screwup the next day.

That night, the janitor came in, and seeing the chamber door ajar, closed it.  The previous students had left it ready to go, but hadn't input any specific parameters - timer, temp, etc, yet.

The next day, they come in to find a sphere of silvery metal on teh table, about the size of a baseball.  They have tried everything they can to test this sphere of metal, and they can't scratch it.  Diamond tipped drills won't even scuff it.  They've tried and tried to replicate it, but nobody knows exactly how much of what was left where for how long or what the chamber ran at for how long and they've never, in 30+ years, managed to replicate it.  Last I heard, even mass spectrometers came back with a null result, whatever it is refuses to interact with anything they shoot at it.

I've been unable to find any information about this, and it seems to me that there would be something about it SOMEWHERE on Google.  Yet the man who told me this story was an 84 year old physicist with 7 PhD's, who studied at Princeton under Einstein.  This was not a man prone to making stuff up.

Anyway - your story reminded me of it, lol.

As for eJuice...  I think ya'll are rather brave ordering online.  I go to a vape shop and sample stuff until I find something I like.  Period.  

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2015 11:03 AM by Almost Jaded.)
07-05-2015 11:02 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Almost Jaded's post:
Michael (05-07-2015)
Cloudwalker Offline

Likes Given: 3
(07-05-2015 11:02 AM)Almost Jaded Wrote:  @Don - there's a "probably somewhat true" story about a failed experiment at a University, I believe it was in Oregon, many years ago.  An old professor of mine was there when this happened and I hope I remember the story right, it went something like this...

Some students were running a test in a vacuum chamber.  One of them spilled something on the table, and they called off the experiment.  Another group came in and set their sample on the table without realizing there was a substance on the table.  Their stuff mixed with it, and it ruined their stuff.  They left it there, thinking they would talk to somebody about the screwup the next day.

That night, the janitor came in, and seeing the chamber door ajar, closed it.  The previous students had left it ready to go, but hadn't input any specific parameters - timer, temp, etc, yet.

The next day, they come in to find a sphere of silvery metal on teh table, about the size of a baseball.  They have tried everything they can to test this sphere of metal, and they can't scratch it.  Diamond tipped drills won't even scuff it.  They've tried and tried to replicate it, but nobody knows exactly how much of what was left where for how long or what the chamber ran at for how long and they've never, in 30+ years, managed to replicate it.  Last I heard, even mass spectrometers came back with a null result, whatever it is refuses to interact with anything they shoot at it.

I've been unable to find any information about this, and it seems to me that there would be something about it SOMEWHERE on Google.  Yet the man who told me this story was an 84 year old physicist with 7 PhD's, who studied at Princeton under Einstein.  This was not a man prone to making stuff up.

Anyway - your story reminded me of it, lol.

As for eJuice...  I think ya'll are rather brave ordering online.  I go to a vape shop and sample stuff until I find something I like.  Period.  
Sounds like the start of a sci-fi movie!!
07-05-2015 11:38 PM
dazk73 Offline

Likes Given: 6
i mixed a concoction of Turkish Tobacco, cinnamon and coconut together and im rather impressed lol, didnt measure the juice, just whacked some of each in my 5ml nautilus tank and vaped away, its pretty damn good
08-05-2015 09:41 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like dazk73's post:
Michael (05-08-2015), samclaflin (05-13-2015)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,193
Until quite recently there were no vape shops round here. There are two or three now if I really wanted to pay silly money for Dekang (Or Hangsen if you are lucky) juices.

Besides, I used to be a chemist. This sort of stuff comes easy to me.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
10-05-2015 10:33 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
Almost Jaded (05-13-2015)
kramer Offline

Likes Given: 0
I was a chemist in high school, lol.
10-05-2015 11:18 AM
samclaflin Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 1
(08-05-2015 09:41 AM)dazk73 Wrote:  i mixed a concoction of Turkish Tobacco, cinnamon and coconut together and im rather impressed lol, didnt measure the juice, just whacked some of each in my 5ml nautilus tank and vaped away, its pretty damn good

Turkish Tobacco is my my first choice.
13-05-2015 05:39 PM