Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Choosing a new E juice
Haze Kraze Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 8
Choosing a new E juice
What do you guys normally see in an E juice when choosing a new one ? Or even why consider it best juice for yourself you having currently ? Just wanted to know what do people see in while selecting E juices... Smile
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2015 08:49 AM by Haze Kraze.)
29-04-2015 08:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Breazy_Com Offline

Likes Given: 32
RE: Choosing a new E juice
For me it's the flavor that I think I would like. Then I tend to check out reviews from others that have tried it. Also, for me I like higher VG. For sales it's name brands and what's hot. What's selling today might not be selling tomorrow if that makes any sense. Some brands and flavors always seem to do good. Even the name brands become stagnant unless they come out with new flavors.
29-04-2015 10:37 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Breazy_Com's post:
Michael (04-29-2015), Spasmod (04-29-2015)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,595
I tend to keep to the tobacco flavours and mix them up - therefore I never have the same taste twice. I find the drawback to this however is that twice when I have done this I have had a great flavour but of course never been able to repeat itHuh At the moment I have two mixes going - 1) 30% Virginia, 30% Desert, 20% USA Mix and 20% Turkish. 2) 50% Desert, 30% USA Mix and 20% Vanilla. These are rough measurements - hence I cannot replicate any exactly. I have been meaning to get a syringe to measure more accurately but never got round to it yet - any good mixes I would take a note of. One of these days it will happen.
29-04-2015 12:25 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Cman (05-03-2015), Spasmod (04-29-2015)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,592
@ecignut I've had the same while randomly mixing up different flavours. One time I had the best tobacco flavour ever and I was distraught when it was gone because I had no idea how I'd made it Big Grin You'd think I would learn but no, same thing has happened since then a few times LOL
29-04-2015 12:31 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Spasmod's post:
Cman (05-03-2015), ecignut (04-29-2015), Haze Kraze (05-07-2015)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,595
(29-04-2015 12:31 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  @ecignut I've had the same while randomly mixing up different flavours. One time I had the best tobacco flavour ever and I was distraught when it was gone because I had no idea how I'd made it Big Grin You'd think I would learn but no, same thing has happened since then a few times LOL
Hi Spasmod - I have 10 5ml needle bottles that I use to mix and I have to get organised - My best mix ever was a couple of weeks ago - I had mixed some virginia and desert but it had no 'kick' so I added some turkish and it was ok. When the needle bottle was just under half full I decided to add some vanilla - it was wonderful but any ratios were all to hell because I had used some of the original - I have tried ever since to replicate but have failed dismally. At my age I should have more senseUndecided
29-04-2015 12:50 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Don (04-30-2015), Spasmod (04-29-2015)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,592
ROFL you and me both Tongue
29-04-2015 01:24 PM
Xprimentyl Offline

Likes Given: 402
Even having experienced as little as I have, the task of selecting what I like with certainty has been pretty daunting. I can’t imagine knowing as much as you more experienced lot of vapers and having to choose. There are almost TOO many options and TOO many ways to tweak said options! I’m a simple guy; I order “as-is” off the menu, I don’t haggle; if you have something I want, I’m buying; SOLD. Sounds like I should be easy to please, right? Wrong. Each time I go into the vape store and they ask me what type of flavor I’m looking for, my response is invariably mix-bagged enough that it points at nearly every flavor they have on offer.

Rather than throwing my hard-earned cash at every juice that intrigues me (which explains the 2 dozen quarter-vaped bottles of juice I’ve amassed in about 2 weeks,) I’ve tried more recently to narrow my focus and read reviews and look for juices said to have interesting flavor profiles within my comfort zone, but ones that make sense, aren’t overly complicated and tend towards the higher VG side. Like I said, simple guy here; if your juice claims to have a hundred disparate flavors, “steak on the inhale, bacon on the exhale and every flavor of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream in between,” no thanks. Perhaps my palate isn’t sophisticated/mature enough, but for example, I really didn’t like NJOY’s Artists Collection; way too much going on to really appreciate them. I like when a couple simple flavors come together for a great vape experience, not when 13 obscure flavors come together in a cloud of confusion!

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2015 02:14 PM by Xprimentyl.)
29-04-2015 02:13 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Xprimentyl's post:
BOB (05-03-2015), Cman (05-03-2015)
Cman Offline

Likes Given: 166
(29-04-2015 12:25 PM)ecignut Wrote:  I tend to keep to the tobacco flavours and mix them up - therefore I never have the same taste twice. I find the drawback to this however is that twice when I have done this I have had a great flavour but of course never been able to repeat itHuh At the moment I have two mixes going - 1) 30% Virginia, 30% Desert, 20% USA Mix and 20% Turkish. 2) 50% Desert, 30% USA Mix and 20% Vanilla. These are rough measurements - hence I cannot replicate any exactly. I have been meaning to get a syringe to measure more accurately but never got round to it yet - any good mixes I would take a note of. One of these days it will happen.

Ha ha ha , thats great , i thought i was the only one who didn't keep track of stuff , i just put in an equal # of drops of different flavors just like you ,  still waiting to have one turn out real good though .  All mine are sub par at best and almost vapable.

(Almost being the key word here)
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 10:19 AM by Cman.)
03-05-2015 10:18 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cman's post:
Michael (05-03-2015)
BOB Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 10,060
(29-04-2015 02:13 PM)Xprimentyl Wrote:  Even having experienced as little as I have, the task of selecting what I like with certainty has been pretty daunting. I can’t imagine knowing as much as you more experienced lot of vapers and having to choose. There are almost TOO many options and TOO many ways to tweak said options! I’m a simple guy; I order “as-is” off the menu, I don’t haggle; if you have something I want, I’m buying; SOLD. Sounds like I should be easy to please, right? Wrong. Each time I go into the vape store and they ask me what type of flavor I’m looking for, my response is invariably mix-bagged enough that it points at nearly every flavor they have on offer.

Rather than throwing my hard-earned cash at every juice that intrigues me (which explains the 2 dozen quarter-vaped bottles of juice I’ve amassed in about 2 weeks,) I’ve tried more recently to narrow my focus and read reviews and look for juices said to have interesting flavor profiles within my comfort zone, but ones that make sense, aren’t overly complicated and tend towards the higher VG side. Like I said, simple guy here; if your juice claims to have a hundred disparate flavors, “steak on the inhale, bacon on the exhale and every flavor of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream in between,” no thanks. Perhaps my palate isn’t sophisticated/mature enough, but for example, I really didn’t like NJOY’s Artists Collection; way too much going on to really appreciate them. I like when a couple simple flavors come together for a great vape experience, not when 13 obscure flavors come together in a cloud of confusion!
I can never work out how the juice reviewers can taste 1 flavour on the inhale and another on the exhale
I don't know if its just me but I don't know I have had a dry hit on the inhale Wacko

if at first you don't succeed ,call it version 1.0
03-05-2015 09:26 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes BOB's post:
Michael (05-04-2015)
Cman Offline

Likes Given: 166
(29-04-2015 12:31 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  @ecignut I've had the same while randomly mixing up different flavours. One time I had the best tobacco flavour ever and I was distraught when it was gone because I had no idea how I'd made it Big Grin You'd think I would learn but no, same thing has happened since then a few times LOL

Thats the worst lol,  thing is we really don't think what we make will ever turn out to be amazing , thats why i think we don't keep track.  If one does happen to be awesome we cuss under our breath or maybe even out loud but we are left with no clue how to do it again.
03-05-2015 09:35 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cman's post:
Michael (05-04-2015)