Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cheap ebay kit working, trying to build as good
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
Cheap ebay kit working, trying to build as good
Hi Again

Thanks for the inf on the battery, today most of my parts have arrived.

Originally I bought a £3.50 kit from ebay using a bottom disposable coil head atomizer. So today I took a look at the technical side of it, so that when parts come to make my own, I already know a bit.

1, 3.6V in using a battery eliminator
2, 6.5W
3, 1.39A
4, 2.45 ohms coil head

Well cheap or not its working well, both a 650mah and 1100mah battery work great.

So bits arrived to make up my own, bought a mix of pre made coils a 2200mah ego battery and a fake Rebuildable Dripping Atomize that can take 2 coils
Usless Smile I cant make the thing work any near as good as the cheap kit

I placed a pre built coil in the base and measured its resistance = 2.26 ohms I guess if I connected right at the end it would be 1.8 ohm

So now have this

1, 3.6V in using a battery eliminator
2, 6.8W
3, 1.48A
4, 2.2 ohms coil (kanthal wire pre made) (warm)

Figures not spot on as testing to get readings, coil warming up

Ok they are close enough to work the same, but Im getting a terrible output, nowhere near to cheap kit. Maybe the pre made coils are bad, none of them glow.

Not much use anyway, cant fill tank too much, cant see how much is in it, and leaks out if over filled via air holes. Air holes adjustable, but hard to make them move.

Im guessing, but things do need to be spot on, and despite the cheap Chinese kits, they seam to be built correctly.

So did I do it all right and bad fakes letting me down? anyone recommend a good tank which will show the level, and room to take coils without them shorting to case Smile
and screw on my EGO 2 2200 battery
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2016 02:55 PM by KingJohn.)
04-02-2016 02:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Chuck-Drl Offline
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 3,509
RE: Cheap ebay kit working, trying to build as good
for your set up the evod mega with 1.8 ohm coils would work nice. the coil isn't rebuildable , but it has huge juice capacity and seldom leaks

"The further back you look , the further ahead you can see " Winston Churchill
04-02-2016 03:01 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,343
I'm lost.. guessing I'm not the only one to be fair.

Let me get my head round it.. what are you trying to accomplish?

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
04-02-2016 03:17 PM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
Ok, thanks

I "Was" trying to make a system that was as good as the basic kit, not knowing what I was buying Ive ended up with the wrong parts.

I finally got this working with a 1.4 ohm, hand made coil, however the dripper is filled about every 7 puffs, so its no use to me, I want a 2ml tank cant see how much left either.

Also the posts have been drilled badly so wire is hard to get in, keeps snagging, has to be very straight, I should have just bought wire and made them for this holder

@dhuck-Drl, yer I best leave it alone and use already built, at this rate Ill be back on the cigarettes again Smile

This was a learning exercise and I think Ive learn quite a lot, also Im not going to do much with this size wire with an EGO battery, needs to be thinner, and coiled to fit.

So without switching to a 18650 box mod, Im just going to plod along with the cheap kits. BTW they use 2.4 ohm coils ? yet they are very well. So think I bough to many fakes. I best buy a ready made kit box mod to move forward.

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2016 04:34 PM by KingJohn.)
04-02-2016 04:31 PM