Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cheap Websites for Mods
goosesrh Offline

Likes Given: 18
Question Cheap Websites for Mods
Hi folks, it's your friend the Goose again..
So i'm looking to get a mod vape. In particular I want the Manhatton cell with a Mutation X dripper. I'm looking to pull around the area of .20 ohms or so, and I would also like to get some cells that would last me a day or two no matter how much I vape daily. Along with the charger and all the necessities. So just drop the website link in the comments, or i'm open to advice for a more noob-friendly mod. Thanks folks!
23-02-2015 08:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,912
RE: Cheap Websites for Mods
The Manhattan has one issue - you can't lock it out so it is IMO a home use mod only.

If you want to go down to 0.2 ohms (I'd very strongly recommend not going lower) you need cells capable of 21 amps. The usual suspects will be fine, Samsung 25R, Sony VTC4, LG HE2/HE4. Don't buy any Sony VTC5 cells - any of those on the market just now will be fakes. 

The purple Efest 30A cells are Sony VTC4 cells under the wrapper. The 35A cells are LG HE2's under the wrapper.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
23-02-2015 09:00 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
There's not a cell on the market that will last "no matter how much you vape" since of course there's no such thing as an unlimited cell. When I use a mech mod, I go through 2-3 cells in a day, since I vape a whole lot while I'm driving and I travel for my job so I end up being in the car for 5-10 hours at a time. Add to that the fact that you'll be running it at or around .2 ohms, which will pull a lot more power, and your cells could potentially run down pretty fast if you vape a lot. Of course I don't know how much you vape, and you might just as easily make a cell last three days if you vape way less than I do. 
As Don said, your best bet on cells are the Sony VTC4, LG HE2, and Samsung 25R. All three of those can handle a .2 ohm build safely. My personal recommendation would be the Samsung 25R, since they have a higher charge capacity so they'll last longer. The VTC4 has a higher amp limit, so it can handle slightly lower resistances, but if you're keeping it at or above .2 then the 25R will be perfect for you. And I definitely recommend keeping it above .2 ohms no matter what, since it can get pretty dicey when you go lower. 
I think I mentioned this before on your other post, but if I didn't, here it is again. I think the Dark Horse RDA is a better RDA than the Mutation X. Don't get me wrong, the Mutation X is a great atty, but the Dark Horse just does everything better. Bigger post holes, which makes it easier to build, plus the airflow is more easily adjustable and you can even close one hole completely to run it with a single coil build (which is great for beginners, as they're simpler than dual coils), plus the big competition style top cap which creates better suction to get a better vape. But like I said, the Mutation X is good too. 
25-02-2015 04:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
bcfos Offline

Likes Given: 9
I really really really wouldn't go under .2 if you are first getting into the sub O thing. The 25R is a great battery for what you are looking for. Get use to building and comfortable with using at .2 before attempting anything lower. I think you will find out that .2 is a good stable point that should make you happy.
02-03-2015 04:48 PM