DaleJr Offline
Future Squonker

Likes Given: 88
RE: Chat hub
(18-03-2018 04:50 PM)Fatboy Wrote:  
(18-03-2018 02:45 PM)Dont tread on me Wrote:  
(18-03-2018 11:07 AM)DaleJr Wrote:  
(18-03-2018 10:36 AM)Fatboy Wrote:  
(18-03-2018 09:17 AM)DaleJr Wrote:  Good morning from New York, all. I'm up early. Course, I also stayed up late. lol So yea, I'm thinking I'm gonna be a tad tired by afternoon. 

Tis all good though. I hope you're all well!

Now I remember...Eastern far off course would I be if I rode through your area from the CDN border on my way to Laconia NH for Bike Week? Tongue

Not far at all! Especially if you came into the U.S./NY via I87. I have some friends who have been to Laconia for the meet. I never have, but have been to Loudon, NH a couple of times to watch NASCAR. 

That's cool I lived in Laconia NH right on the lake for a few years. I was so close to the strip it took less time to walk there then it was to drive on that weekend. Those were some crazy times. But it was over 20 years ago.
Then I moved to Loudon NH and was there for 10 years. My house was close enough to the track that we could hear the race. I never did go to the race, something about large crowds of ppl I try to stay away from.
“There is no such thing as a lousy job - only lousy men who don't care to do it.”

Sadly I've heard this a lot.....folks who live in the area and miss all of the action while others like me ride 12+ hours to attend...been to 6-7 NASCAR tracks including Loudon NH and been to Sturgis, Laconia, Daytona Bike Week and even to the Laughlin River Run in Nevada....crisscrossed North America several times on a bike! Smile IN Daytona got to attend the bike event AND Daytona 500 years ago on the same trip! That was BLISS! Tongue
That's awesome, Fatboy. Daytona 500 is definitely on the bucket list. I have visited Daytona Speedway while in Florida and did a little tour of the track and through the museum, etc. Very nice facility.
So far the only places I've seen actual NASCAR races is Louden twice, and once at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Charlotte. I'd say I'm not as much of a NASCAR fan as I once was, but I still enjoy watching and following it to a certain level.
Yesterday 08:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes DaleJr's post:
Fatboy (03-19-2018)