Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.43 Average
Chat hub
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
RE: Chat hub
(22-04-2016 09:42 PM)Chuck-Drl Wrote:  turkey season is on here , unfortunately my neighbors hous is 97.6 yards from mine wich places it roughly 7 feet to close to allow shotgun fire , and archery is fall only

That's a drag. I'm legal to shoot right out of my windows if I feel like it. I can't remember what a Turkey license costs but it's cheaper to go to the store. I used to go Turkey hunting and I still love to call them in once in a while. My last hunt I bagged a Tom with a 15 inch beard. We call him Ralf, I won a local contest and the prize was a full mount, what a dust magnate. He also takes up WAY too much room. I'm not even sure where he is now, my Mother banned him from the house. Before that we had him at our Hunting camp up in the rafters, but we sold our camp a few years ago. Now I belong to another camp that is closer to home.

I even called in a turkey of a hunter once. It was hilarious. I was pecking away on my call and I heard a Gobble and then another one and another one. So I kept at it until I see this dingdong "sneaking" up from tree to tree. Picture Mr. Bean covered in orange with a shotgun. I eventually hollered at him when it looked like he might shoot my decoy. Some of these guys that come up from the city to hunt are very good hunters and then there are guys like this.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
22-04-2016 10:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like 18sixfifty's post:
BOB (04-23-2016), Michael (04-23-2016), mike.williams (04-22-2016)
Chuck-Drl Offline
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 3,823
about 20 years back some bostonian on a vermont hunting trip shot my cousins best gernsey , then knocked on his door to get help dragging his "deer" to the road . went over like a turd in a punch bowl

When life hands you lemmons , make lemmon aid . When life hands you coconuts , stuff them in your shirt and ask if they make your boobs look big .
23-04-2016 01:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Chuck-Drl's post:
18sixfifty (04-23-2016), Michael (04-23-2016)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,220
Morning all!

We get a lot of German hunters here who can't pass the (really hard) marksmanship test to get a hunting licence in Germany. A friend of mine was a soldier based in Germany in the 80's. Only one of the regimental sniper team could pass the German marksmanship test.

But hunting is only for the rich here. It will cost you thousands to take a deer unless you are a gamekeeper. Not to mention the extreme difficulty involved in obtaining a firearms licence for a centrefire rifle. Which also involves the police watching you closely forever. I know a guy who lost his firearms licence for driving at 35 in a 30 limit.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
23-04-2016 10:49 AM
mike.williams Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,458
Morning Don, Morning everyone.

Wow you do have strict gun laws. The US can be pretty confusing on our laws because a lot of depends on what state you live in and when you travel you have to learn the laws of all states you go through.

I live in Georgia and have a carry permit. Here you can open carry. Going to Florida for vacation and even though they recognize Georgia's license you have to conceal carry there.

All of this and according to our Constitution the right to bear arms is a right. SMDH

Hope everyone has a good one!

Keep Calm and Vape On!
23-04-2016 11:07 AM
Don Offline
Senior Staff

Handguns are totally banned here as are centre fire semi autos. Getting any sort of firearms licence, even for a shotgun requires extensive investigation by the police before it is granted. And self defence as a reason on the application will prevent your ever getting a firearms licence.

23-04-2016 11:51 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
gentlydoingit* (04-23-2016)
mike.williams Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,458
Damn. That does suck!

Keep Calm and Vape On!
23-04-2016 11:52 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes mike.williams's post:
Michael (04-23-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Speaking of explosives, I learned from Tyler Durden that equal parts gasoline and orange juice concentrate makes napalm, add sawdust and you've got dynamite... Never tried it, just figured it's probably not accurate since it's from a book/movie Tongue

Here in TN getting a concealed carry permit is pretty easy, basically you just take a short test on gun safety, they do a background check to make sure you're not a sociopath, and then you shoot at some targets from 10 and 20 yards. My dad actually got an FFL (Federal Firearms License) to buy wholesale and sell guns, all he had to do was come up with a business name and do an interview with an agent, then wait for the paperwork to process. Now he can buy guns cheap and resell them to friends and family at cost plus the cost of background checks. It's a pretty good setup, buying guns at a big store has a huge cost markup so he saves people a lot of money. 
23-04-2016 03:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
mike.williams (04-23-2016)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

(23-04-2016 10:49 AM)Don Wrote:  Morning all!

We get a lot of German hunters here who can't pass the (really hard) marksmanship test to get a hunting licence in Germany. A friend of mine was a soldier based in Germany in the 80's. Only one of the regimental sniper team could pass the German marksmanship test.

But hunting is only for the rich here. It will cost you thousands to take a deer unless you are a gamekeeper. Not to mention the extreme difficulty involved in obtaining a firearms licence for a centrefire rifle. Which also involves the police watching you closely forever. I know a guy who lost his firearms licence for driving at 35 in a 30 limit.

Wow, that would drive me absolutely nuts. There are times when I think that we make it a little too easy to get a hunting license but then I see the alternative and I'll take our way any day over that.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
23-04-2016 09:30 PM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

(23-04-2016 03:22 PM)Michael Wrote:  Speaking of explosives, I learned from Tyler Durden that equal parts gasoline and orange juice concentrate makes napalm, add sawdust and you've got dynamite... Never tried it, just figured it's probably not accurate since it's from a book/movie Tongue

Here in TN getting a concealed carry permit is pretty easy, basically you just take a short test on gun safety, they do a background check to make sure you're not a sociopath, and then you shoot at some targets from 10 and 20 yards. My dad actually got an FFL (Federal Firearms License) to buy wholesale and sell guns, all he had to do was come up with a business name and do an interview with an agent, then wait for the paperwork to process. Now he can buy guns cheap and resell them to friends and family at cost plus the cost of background checks. It's a pretty good setup, buying guns at a big store has a huge cost markup so he saves people a lot of money. 

That's cool, I buy on-line and have them ship to a local FFL who charges me $20 for doing the paperwork. Most places charge $50 or more and that can add up especially when you are buying relatively cheap rifles. I was into buying and restoring Mosin Nagant rifles for a while and $50 is adding on about 50% to the cost of them. Same thing goes for cheap revolvers. I was buying Brazil Military/police used 45's for a while at only about $60 each. I thought seriously about getting an FFL but never got around to doing it before my interest fell off.

23-04-2016 09:42 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like 18sixfifty's post:
Michael (04-24-2016), mike.williams (04-24-2016)
Don Offline
Senior Staff

Morning all!

Bright and sunny and cold with snow forecast.

24-04-2016 07:52 AM