• 7 Votes - 4.43 Average
Chat hub
mike.williams Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,311
RE: Chat hub
Morning folks,

Looks like rain is the theme today. Think it is supposed to clear up this afternoon though but looks like I won't be mowing the lawn today. Grass is going to be knee high lol

Have a good one!

Keep Calm and Vape On!
02-04-2016 11:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,589
Morning Mike.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
02-04-2016 01:05 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
mike.williams (04-02-2016)
TinWhisker Online
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,248
No rain today, but plenty of honeydo to consume. Power washing the deck and siding, new blades, spark plugs, air, oil, and fuel filter on the riding mower then cut an acre of grass for the first time this season. Then install a new garage door because the old one broke. All you get out of a garage door these days is 15 years, shame.
02-04-2016 02:13 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Today's a beautiful day, unlike the past few rainy ones. 
Have fun with your honeydo TW, sounds like you better get started if you want to get all that done! 
02-04-2016 02:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Online
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

(31-03-2016 10:06 PM)Michael Wrote:  Man I'd love to hear that story! 

Well, neither stories are worldbeaters, but here you go. I'll preface both by saying that during the time we spent smoking, we never smoked inside our house. So, many evenings after the kids were fast asleep, the wife and I would stand in our driveway and smoke and chat. I'm naturally a stargazer so I spent a lot of time just looking at the multitude of stars in view courtesy of our very rural property location. It's pitch black and there are millions of stars to see, which is one thing I definitely love about where I live. No city lights to contaminate the sky.

So, for the UFO story, it's quick. One night as we were out talking and I was stargazing, suddenly a bright, intense white light appeared overhead. It was a bit brighter than a bright star. It was not firefly orange nor was it an airplane. I watched as it fairly quickly tracked straight across the sky. In about 10 seconds, it had moved about halfway through my viewing area. As I watched it, suddenly it stopped, rotated into a full 360 degree circle, then simply vanished. Blinked out, like turning off a light. Of course, the wife was taking a leak in the house so there's no one to validate it. I'm not saying it was alien, but it was, to me, a UFO by definition. I can still find no reasonable explanation other than government tech or extra-terrestrial.

Sasquatch- Again, like I said, we're very rural. Any land owned is at minimum 3 acres. Most of the land around us is privately held and in large tracts, so rural in fact that I can see only one other house besides my house from my driveway. Others are around, but it is heavily wooded and there are acres of separation. So while it's only 50 miles from St. Louis, it is still remote.

Anyway, again we're standing in the driveway BS'ing. Suddenly we both hear a loud screech. Best way I can describe it is that it actually sounds like the calls Cliff from Finding Bigfoot makes. (Yeah, I watch that show. I know they are very overzealous and jump to conclusions far too quickly, but it's fun). While the wife and I were frozen in place, digesting what we just heard, there were suddenly two rapid succession wood knocks.

We've been living here for 15 years, and know the sounds of the wildlife around us. This was not anything we'd ever heard before or since. It was also not human. Where we live is not the kind of place a that teens park near and horse around. Very few access roads and no public land. Also, there just wasn't any reason for someone to be there faking Bigfoot howls. We hear a lot of wolves, etc and are pretty indifferent to them. But this scared the wife so much that she did not come out in the evening for a week after. She went inside after the knocks and literally hid in the bathroom for 30 minutes. Seriously.

Now, here's the real kicker. I said I watched Finding Bigfoot, right? So later that Fall as we watched the new episodes, there was one with the team actually in the area! They were investigating reports of activity and were there around the time we heard what we did! They surmised that perhaps there was a family of Bigfoots migrating south for some reason so the team filmed in the area. When we saw that episode, the wife and I both sat in disbelief. Maybe we really did hear something cryptid?

Here's a blurb from Cliff about that episode.
02-04-2016 02:43 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like TinWhisker's post:
ecignut (04-02-2016), gentlydoingit* (04-02-2016), Michael (04-02-2016), mike.williams (04-03-2016), Skyray (04-02-2016)
TinWhisker Online
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

(02-04-2016 02:28 PM)Michael Wrote:  Today's a beautiful day, unlike the past few rainy ones. 
Have fun with your honeydo TW, sounds like you better get started if you want to get all that done! 

After I finish some work work first. That's why I'm playing around on the web right now.
02-04-2016 02:44 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
Don (04-02-2016)
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,382
I'd face big foot for a piece of that lifestyle! A 1970's end terrace on a busy main road in a heavily populated area can do that to you.

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
02-04-2016 02:51 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like gentlydoingit*'s post:
Michael (04-02-2016), TinWhisker (04-02-2016)
TinWhisker Online
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

I hear you gently. We lived in the city all our lives and were happy to move out here. It's also been an excuse to load up on man-tools. Stump grinder, riding mower, log splitter, chainsaws, all kinds of things that queue points up on the ol' man card.

I don't want to come off as some kind of nutjob, but I also have paranormal experiences, including one from what's considered to be one of the most haunted locations in America. Also got an interaction from a spirit when I asked it to say hello to my son. Freaked his arse out, let me tell you.
02-04-2016 02:53 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
Michael (04-02-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Thanks for sharing, TW. That's really strange... At first I was thinking maybe you saw a satellite, since they're bright and move quickly, but it wouldn't have stopped and spun like that... Very strange, definitely a UFO by definition. 
I do believe it's possible for there to be animals that we (meaning the human race, not you and me) haven't discovered yet, and it's not implausible for something like Bigfoot to exist and just be really good at hiding. It wasn't too long ago that scientists discovered a new kind of chimpanzee in Asia, so why not something similar here in the states? I don't know if I believe in Bigfoot, but I do believe it's theoretically possible, and stories like yours tell me that there's something out there. After all, most myths have at least some basis in fact. 
If you enjoy things like that, you might want to check out the podcast "Stuff They Don't Want You To Know." They have a video series and an audio series, I've beennwatching/listening for years. Basically, they research conspiracy theories and cryptids, and present the facts and the theories around it in a very straightforward, unbiased way. I really enjoy it because they don't try to prove or disprove every theory, they just present the facts and leave it up to listeners/viewers to decide. 
02-04-2016 02:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
TinWhisker (04-02-2016)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,589
(02-04-2016 08:49 AM)ecignut Wrote:  Morning All - nice morning here but it is not to last - rain returning by lunch-time. I am all set for the States - my ESTA form has been accepted and the only problem I foresee is crossing the pond - the water is bloody freezing.

Just saw this. It might be the tank for you. It is obviously a purely MTL tank.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
02-04-2016 05:31 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
gentlydoingit* (04-02-2016)