Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.43 Average
Chat hub
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
RE: Chat hub
Today, Set up the furniture after giving it a good cleaning and oiled the wood, Hubby played on his tractor picking stones out of the yard area.
[Image: IMG_20150905_113236698_zpssptetecz.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150905_130322101_zpsxw3ngdu3.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20150905_114348123_zpsvuhwjone.jpg]
05-09-2015 09:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like Whiskey's post:
BOB (09-06-2015), Don (09-05-2015), JEFF (09-05-2015), Michael (09-07-2015), Spasmod (09-06-2015)
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,621
Looking good Whiskey!

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
05-09-2015 09:18 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Don's post:
jerryz (09-06-2015), Michael (09-07-2015), Whiskey (09-05-2015)
JEFF Offline

Likes Given: 732
(03-09-2015 05:13 PM)Michael Wrote:  Thanks Jerry! Yeah I know we're not supposed to talk about religion and stuff on here, but it was just something I wanted to share and of course I don't mean it preachy, just wanted to let you guys know what's going on in my life right now. Tl;Dr, life is good Big Grin

I have read the General Forum Rules and see nothing about not talking about "religion and stuff on here".

I do know from personal experience that it is generally not a good idea to DISCUSS race, religion, politics or sexual orientation while sitting in a bar/pub with a bunch of drunks.

I DO NOT see the original or subsequent posts offensive. The posts are stating facts about an individual and their status in life. They are statements of fact for that individual. Everyone who agrees or has a comment has done so politely.

I read in another thread (or maybe just further up this one) that we are all in the 40-50 age bracket and know how to be polite and considerate. I believe that healthy and polite discussion should not be avoided, but encouraged. We, as forum members, all have an interest in Vaping. An Off Topic Forum should allow for healthy debate. It is when healthy debate turns nasty that Moderators step in.

Just my opinion and point of view.
05-09-2015 09:29 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like JEFF's post:
BOB (09-06-2015), Don (09-05-2015), Michael (09-07-2015), Spasmod (09-06-2015), Whiskey (09-05-2015)
Whiskey Offline

(05-09-2015 09:18 PM)Don Wrote:  Looking good Whiskey!

Thanks DonSmile

(05-09-2015 09:29 PM)USMC8497 Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 05:13 PM)Michael Wrote:  Thanks Jerry! Yeah I know we're not supposed to talk about religion and stuff on here, but it was just something I wanted to share and of course I don't mean it preachy, just wanted to let you guys know what's going on in my life right now. Tl;Dr, life is good Big Grin

I have read the General Forum Rules and see nothing about not talking about "religion and stuff on here".

I do know from personal experience that it is generally not a good idea to DISCUSS race, religion, politics or sexual orientation while sitting in a bar/pub with a bunch of drunks.

I DO NOT see the original or subsequent posts offensive. The posts are stating facts about an individual and their status in life. They are statements of fact for that individual. Everyone who agrees or has a comment has done so politely.

I read in another thread (or maybe just further up this one) that we are all in the 40-50 age bracket and know how to be polite and considerate. I believe that healthy and polite discussion should not be avoided, but encouraged. We, as forum members, all have an interest in Vaping. An Off Topic Forum should allow for healthy debate. It is when healthy debate turns nasty that Moderators step in.

It hasn't been a problem here yet, I say if you start a thread about any of the above, do it in off topic area , we are all adults here, if we can't keep it civil,you bet it will get moderated, debate is fine, but insults, slurs, threats and belittlement are not fine. Common sense.Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2015 09:49 PM by Whiskey.)
05-09-2015 09:47 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Whiskey's post:
BOB (09-06-2015), JEFF (09-05-2015), Michael (09-07-2015), Spasmod (09-06-2015)
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,621

I'm one of the folks who has to enforce the rules..

Just think like the rules for the (UK) Officers' Mess. 

Boils down to No Rank, Religion or Politics. By US standards I'm a Communist. 

Religiously - just don't ask or I'll spend the next couple of years explaining.

We'll bend but not break those rules.

Remember meeting the Duke of Somewhere in a Mess in Germany. Lovely guy but his primary claim to being Scottish was owning 60% of the land worth owning in Scotland. His education was outwith Scotland. And so on.. Nationalist grievances don't belong here either.

Suffice it to say the words "Class Enemy" kept running through my mind.
05-09-2015 09:58 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Don's post:
BOB (09-06-2015), jerryz (09-06-2015), Michael (09-07-2015)
Whiskey Offline

I don't see anything in the rules that prohibit talks/threads about Religion or Politics, however I don't join discussions in either topics Smile
05-09-2015 11:11 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Whiskey's post:
Michael (09-07-2015)
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Likes Given: 301
(05-09-2015 09:18 PM)Don Wrote:  Looking good Whiskey!

Whiskey you have exquisite taste. Need to hire you to do my place. Very nice.

(05-09-2015 09:58 PM)Don Wrote:  

I'm one of the folks who has to enforce the rules..

Just think like the rules for the (UK) Officers' Mess. 

Boils down to No Rank, Religion or Politics. By US standards I'm a Communist. 

Religiously - just don't ask or I'll spend the next couple of years explaining.

We'll bend but not break those rules.

Remember meeting the Duke of Somewhere in a Mess in Germany. Lovely guy but his primary claim to being Scottish was owning 60% of the land worth owning in Scotland. His education was outwith Scotland. And so on.. Nationalist grievances don't belong here either.

Suffice it to say the words "Class Enemy" kept running through my mind.

Hey Don. What brought this on. If it was Michael's post, I found it to be refreshing and encouraging. I hope no one complained. We are all friends here and should not have doubts about sharing feelings. Yes race, religion and politics would not be a good idea. Not because they are taboo subjects, it's that people all have opinions and beliefs, and we want to respect that. I for one have not been offended by a single word posted on this forum. Party

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 01:26 AM by jerryz.)
06-09-2015 01:18 AM
[-] The following 3 users Like jerryz's post:
Michael (09-07-2015), Spasmod (09-06-2015), Whiskey (09-06-2015)
JEFF Offline

Likes Given: 732
jerryz, I believe I brought this on.

I noticed Michael's post saying that "Yeah I know we're not supposed to talk about religion and stuff on here,..." and I made a post indicating that there was nothing in the general forum rules about certain subjects being against the rules. I also said that everyone's comments after Michael's original post containing religious comments were polite. I also said "I DO NOT see the original or subsequent posts offensive." and went on about as long as everyone is polite and respectful that Off Topic Forums should allow discussion. I also said "I believe that healthy and polite discussion should not be avoided, but encouraged."

Following that post of mine, several Admin started up their own comments. Of which, only half I understand in the context of the original post of mine, as I am not against healthy discussion as long as it is done without anyone getting nasty or offensive. Apparently, I did not present that information very well.

Sorry for all the confusion. I will go back to vaping now.
06-09-2015 01:46 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JEFF's post:
Michael (09-07-2015)
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Likes Given: 301
(06-09-2015 01:46 AM)USMC8497 Wrote:  jerryz, I believe I brought this on.

I noticed Michael's post saying that "Yeah I know we're not supposed to talk about religion and stuff on here,..." and I made a post indicating that there was nothing in the general forum rules about certain subjects being against the rules. I also said that everyone's comments after Michael's original post containing religious comments were polite. I also said "I DO NOT see the original or subsequent posts offensive." and went on about as long as everyone is polite and respectful that Off Topic Forums should allow discussion. I also said "I believe that healthy and polite discussion should not be avoided, but encouraged."

Following that post of mine, several Admin started up their own comments. Of which, only half I understand in the context of the original post of mine, as I am not against healthy discussion as long as it is done without anyone getting nasty or offensive. Apparently, I did not present that information very well.

Sorry for all the confusion. I will go back to vaping now.

Vape on my friend. Good

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
06-09-2015 01:49 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes jerryz's post:
Michael (09-07-2015)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,360
(05-09-2015 09:29 PM)USMC8497 Wrote:  I have read the General Forum Rules and see nothing about not talking about "religion and stuff on here".

Your point of view is in-line with mine.. I've no problem with any discussion of a potentially controversial nature (forum rules permitting) as long as it's kept respectable and considerate. Occasionally people may have differing opinions and that's perfectly fine. As long as personal insults and attacks are not thrown around, then it's all good Good
06-09-2015 01:33 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Spasmod's post:
BOB (09-06-2015), JEFF (09-06-2015), Michael (09-07-2015), Whiskey (09-06-2015)