Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 4.43 Average
Chat hub
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Chat hub
Morning (barely) to people in the states, evening to the Europeans among us! 
15-06-2015 03:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Howdy, everyone. Beautiful day today. I'm sitting here applying anti-itch stuff. I had a wake to play on Saturday and the skeeters were terrible. You never lived until you are in the middle of playing songs and have a half dozen skeeters on you that you can't stop and brush off. LOL

The wake went well. It was for an old buddy of mine who died this Winter. We spread his ashes out at hunting camp and then tossed him a party. Just like he wanted. He lived a long happy life so it was really a celebration rather than mourning. Tons of great people and food and it was a real success of a party. A few younger guys got into a fight but none of us older guys even had to step in so that was ok too.

Shoulders still killing me though, probably overdid it a little and I'm still getting used to the idea of going to parties and not drinking. I don't suppose I'll ever get completely used to it. I partied in the old fashioned way (think 60's). LOL the green way if you know what I mean. Environmentally friendly, yeah that's it. Sun_bespectacled  I very rarely do that anymore either getting too old for all the fun stuff I guess.

Oh and I picked up a whole bunch of free lumber the other day. The hardware store in town was moving to a new location and the owners gave me a bunch of stuff. So now it's time to build a bunch of new shelves inside. Maybe some benches for outside and eventually some chicken coops too. Probably a good $500 worth of stuff. Like I need more projects.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
15-06-2015 04:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like 18sixfifty's post:
Michael (06-16-2015), Whiskey (06-15-2015), Xprimentyl (06-15-2015)
Xprimentyl Offline

Likes Given: 402
So they’re developing the area directly around my job here in Plano, TX and today, they tipped over a water tower for demolition; I shot this from my job’s parking garage. Video’s not that impressive, but even at the distance I was when I shot it, you could feel the “THUD” in your chest like you were standing right next to it! You can hear it with earbuds!

(Warning: there is an instance of strong language as I got kinda caught up in the moment! We’d been waiting for an hour when it finally went down!)

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2015 06:47 PM by Xprimentyl.)
15-06-2015 05:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Xprimentyl's post:
18sixfifty (06-15-2015), Whiskey (06-15-2015)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
That's pretty cool X. How big is Plano? I have shipped a bunch of guitars there over the years so I had always assumed it was already pretty built up. That or you guys love your guitars and there are not many good shops in your area. That's how it is up here in Northern Michigan. Lot's of guitarists but nothing much for shops. It's like a four hour drive to the nearest Guitar Center.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
15-06-2015 07:16 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes 18sixfifty's post:
Xprimentyl (06-15-2015)
Xprimentyl Offline

(15-06-2015 07:16 PM)18sixfifty Wrote:  That's pretty cool X. How big is Plano? I have shipped a bunch of guitars there over the years so I had always assumed it was already pretty built up. That or you guys love your guitars and there are not many good shops in your area. That's how it is up here in Northern Michigan. Lot's of guitarists but nothing much for shops. It's like a four hour drive to the nearest Guitar Center.

Plano itself really isn’t that big, but the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, aka: “The Metroplex”, is strange; in some cases, you’ll find yourself changing city names every 10 blocks! Garland, Richardson, Frisco, The Colony, etc. are all about a 10-20 minute drive from Plano which is itself just north of Dallas proper by about 30 miles, so no one city is necessarily “big,” but they’re so close together, everything is “local” despite the address. I stopped trying to figure this place out pretty much as soon as I moved here in 2010. Plano IS really developed and posh, though. I forget the exact statistic, but it is/was something like  the richest city in America for cities with populations around 250k people; median salary is almost 6 figures (I’m weighing that down quite a bit!) The development in this video is to accommodate an expansion of “The Shops at Legacy” which is a downtown-y area filled with overpriced shopping and entertainment which is itself to accommodate the ever-increasing executive population: FedEx is building corporate offices near here and Toyota’s building its North American head office across the street. These alone are bringing a lot of RICH mo-fos, never mind all the rich mo-fos that’re already here!

There's no ‘I’ in ‘TEAM.’ There’s no ‘U’ either. It doesn’t appear the TEAM needs us, so let’s go grab a beer!Drinks
15-06-2015 07:56 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Xprimentyl's post:
18sixfifty (06-18-2015), Whiskey (06-15-2015)
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
Hi PeepsSmile
15-06-2015 08:53 PM
Xprimentyl Offline

Hey, Whiskey! How goes?

15-06-2015 08:58 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Xprimentyl's post:
Whiskey (06-15-2015)
Whiskey Offline

Not too bad, Liked the videoSmileSmile How have you been??
15-06-2015 09:07 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Whiskey's post:
Xprimentyl (06-15-2015)
Xprimentyl Offline

Doing alright, fighting the heat, humidity and hellacious skeeters in the Lone Star state. Been down here from the north (Ohio) for 5 years and STILL haven't adjusted to the summers here!! Give me winter!! Give me 20-degrees, a cup of coffee and good book!! Reading on my patio now, and the humidity is killing me!!

(This post was last modified: 15-06-2015 10:25 PM by Xprimentyl.)
15-06-2015 10:23 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Xprimentyl's post:
Whiskey (06-15-2015)
Whiskey Offline

You up high out of that deadly flooding????
15-06-2015 11:06 PM