07-06-2015 06:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
Michael (06-08-2015)
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Likes Given: 301
RE: Chat hub
(07-06-2015 06:09 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  @Michael - something along those lines probably Big Grin

@Jerry - ouch!! that's not cheap Sad

Evening folks Tongue
You are right. that's about $300 worth of junk. But it's more than the money. I have had it about a year, and you kinda grow attached to them. Unfortunately I won't be replacing it for a while. To_take_umbrage

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
07-06-2015 07:12 PM
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
I kinda know what he meant, How's this for interpretation>>>>behind every good woman is a great manGood
07-06-2015 07:37 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Whiskey's post:
Michael (06-08-2015), Spasmod (06-07-2015)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Sad RE: Chat hub
(06-06-2015 08:01 PM)jerryz Wrote:  Ahh. It was a brain fart. I was flying inverted, and lost orientation. Turned left instead of right. Fool

Dang that's a bummer right there.

As my wife likes to joke, It's your military Left. When we were first dating she came to see me in a parade and I had a brain fart and turned left instead of right. It's really funny unless you are the one who does it and walks smack into a group of guys with fixed bayonets. (right in front of the Generals and your sweetheart) LOL  She still teases me all the time. It's your military left!!

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
07-06-2015 09:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes 18sixfifty's post:
Don (06-08-2015)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

I don't know if I told you guys or not but I had my shoulder surgery done a while back and finally got the staples out and I'm out of the fixed sling that they had me tied up in. Same surgeon who did my other shoulder a few years back. It was this or have shoulder replacement surgery further down the road. Next it's my knees, same deal, totally shot from being a "light" infantry grunt with huge packs. 

Nice to be out of the sling and to get the staples out, they itched like crazy! It was kinda cool though, I looked like the Frankenstein Monster. All the scars are starting to add up so I kinda look like him anyhow. Cool thing about being a guy, we can brag and show off all our really good ones. Most of them are from doing something really stupid but we don't have to tell the story that way!!

First thing I did was continue planting trees (with most of the work being done by my Son). I planted 12 different crab apple trees to front the road on the other side of my garage. Should look really nice in the spring when they all bloom out with slightly different colored flowers. Plus the birds love them. I also "can" them and make different sauces from them. I have a really nice mature one in my front yard already. Beautiful tree. I planted a bunch of apple trees and plum trees. Next years it's going to be more pear, cherry. paw paw and peach trees. More fruit bushes as well. Oh and I planted Service berries, cranberries and four different kinds of seedless grapes this year as well as blueberries.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
07-06-2015 10:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like 18sixfifty's post:
Don (06-08-2015), Michael (06-08-2015), Whiskey (06-07-2015)
Whiskey Offline

Likes Given: 2,590
Glad to see your recovering from a major shoulder deal there 18, I know shoulder issues can really suck, you went through a painful time no doubt, I simply LOVE fruit trees and we will be looking into planting a couple this fall at the new place. I want a cherry and a couple applesSmile
07-06-2015 10:23 PM
Pulsar Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 979
Glad to hear its going well Brad. 

I'm working on clearing out land myself to plant a little fruit orchard I guess you'd call it. My dad came and took the weed wacker he gave me a few years ago this spring and never brought it back, so I been on hold. I went and bought a 4 stroke troy built this weekend. I'm hoping it works out good. Its got good power but not what I was hoping. Not that I'm disappointed with the power. I think I'm so used to an aftermarket attachment on the bottom. I bought one just haven't installed it yet.

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
07-06-2015 11:02 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulsar's post:
Whiskey (06-07-2015)
Pulsar Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 979
Should say that its got plenty of power but not what I was hoping... Like I said, I'm used to a brush blade and 2 stroke. I bought a different head, think it was a Shakespeare ugly head or something like that. 

Got to treat this one right and hope it lasts. My old troy built was starting to loose power quite a bit and was looking rough. 

I actually bought that trufuel canned gas for it hoping that the higher octane and no ethanol help the motor hold up better. Made a deal with my wife's boss that I'll weed wack for her, she will buy me a can of trufuel. Should keep me fueled up lol 

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
07-06-2015 11:14 PM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

(07-06-2015 11:02 PM)Pulsar Wrote:  Glad to hear its going well Brad. 

I'm working on clearing out land myself to plant a little fruit orchard I guess you'd call it. My dad came and took the weed wacker he gave me a few years ago this spring and never brought it back, so I been on hold. I went and bought a 4 stroke troy built this weekend. I'm hoping it works out good. Its got good power but not what I was hoping. Not that I'm disappointed with the power. I think I'm so used to an aftermarket attachment on the bottom. I bought one just haven't installed it yet.

Thanks and I think you should end up liking the troy built. I have a few friends that had the newer Toro ones and they all had problems with them. I think the older ones were pretty decent but they cheaped out on the new ones. The troy built was what I had planned on buying as well if I ever get around to replacing my old one. (That is collecting dust right now)

(07-06-2015 10:23 PM)Whiskey Wrote:  Glad to see your recovering from a major shoulder deal there 18, I know shoulder issues can really suck, you went through a painful time no doubt, I simply LOVE fruit trees and we will be looking into planting a couple this fall at the new place. I want a cherry and a couple applesSmile

Thanks Whiskey. I see you have plenty of deer around just like me. You will really need to do something to protect them. Deer love munching them and will strip them bare. Fencing them works well but is kinda expensive and to me looks terrible. Liquid fence is a commercial product that you spray on them. It works but like any of the sprays you have to re-spray after it rains and every so often anyway. Also you can make your own spray which is what I do. Eggs, baking powder and water, blend it up and let it sit for a day then spray it on. That works really well too. But on any of the sprays they will also get used to it so it's best to mix it up. Use the eggs and baking powder for a month and then switch to one with hot peppers in it to burn their mouths. Handing fabric fresheners also works. So does fishing line set about 2 feet from the ground. It scares them when they run into it. Tie some cans to it with rocks in them. The noise freaks them out. But if you don't mind the fencing that is by far the easiest way to go, less work in the long run.

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 11:26 PM by 18sixfifty.)
07-06-2015 11:19 PM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

(07-06-2015 11:14 PM)Pulsar Wrote:  Should say that its got plenty of power but not what I was hoping... Like I said, I'm used to a brush blade and 2 stroke. I bought a different head, think it was a Shakespeare ugly head or something like that. 

Got to treat this one right and hope it lasts. My old troy built was starting to loose power quite a bit and was looking rough. 

I actually bought that trufuel canned gas for it hoping that the higher octane and no ethanol help the motor hold up better. Made a deal with my wife's boss that I'll weed wack for her, she will buy me a can of trufuel. Should keep me fueled up lol 

You could come weedwack here. It would keep you busy for life. LOL

I'm looking into buying a really good machete and I have one of the hand held wackers with a flat serrated blade. You swing it kinda like a Scyth I guess. It works good if you keep it sharp enough. I hate working on small motors, they just piss me off to no end. The last thing I want to do is fight with them damn small motors, probably why I have put off buying the Troy built. I used a Reel mower for my yard forever and now use an electric mower, an old black and decker one from the 70's. Honestly, there is nothing more that I hate then going out to work on my yard and instead end up fighting to keep the machines running. A two hour job ends up taking all day that way. Frustrating as hell. I end up cussing and spitting and kicking shit. Plus I hate lawns too, that is why I'm turning the whole place into an edible garden. (Deer are edible too) I'm also a prepper so if I can hunker down and stay put I'll do it.

It's funny because I used to be a pretty dedicated gear head and loved working on motors. I just can't stand the little ones. Don't know why, I guess it's because I feel like the damn things should just run without Fing around with them all the time.

07-06-2015 11:39 PM