Charlie's Custard - Charlie Noble
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Charlie's Custard - Charlie Noble
[Image: charlie_2048x2048_zps3b51570c.png]
Name: Charlie's Custard
Brand: Charlie Noble
Description: A rich, silky custard, homemade with a perfect balance of vanilla and baked crust. 
Where to Find It: Charlie's Custard

Flavor: Charlie's Custard is a great vanilla custard vape. Very well made, it has a strong vanilla taste, but not so strong as to be sickening like some vanilla vapes I've tried. You can definitely taste the crust, but it's a subtle tone that you might not notice if you weren't looking for it: instead, it just gives a hint of "bakery" flavor to the rich vanilla taste. This is a very creamy vape, nice and heavy so you don't feel like you're vaping water. It tastes great straight off the shelf, and even better after steeping for a couple of weeks.

Vapor: Charlie's Custard is 77VG/23PG, which seems to be the perfect blend for this particular flavor. The high VG means it produces great vapor, while the PG is enough to carry the flavor extremely well. I get thick white clouds from this juice whether I'm vaping on an RDA at 70W or a tank at 15W, and everything in between.

Throat Hit: minimal. I personally don't like a big throat hit, so I'm happy when I find flavors that don't hit much. You definitely taste it, and you can feel it when you inhale, but it doesn't give me a "sore throat" feeling like some higher PG juices. 

Nicotine Strength: This juice comes in a wide range, including 0mg, 3mg, 6mg, 12mg, and 18mg. That means you can find your perfect "sweet spot" no matter what you normally vape, and from my experience the "head buzz" from the nicotine is spot on. I vape at 6mg usually, and the 6mg Charlie's Custard hits just like it should.

Viscosity: Since this juice is 77% VG, it's a thick juice and should only be used in RDAs or tanks that are made to handle thick juice. I definitely wouldn't recommend trying this in a Kanger T3S or any other low-end clearomizer. For dripping, this is the perfect blend in my opinion. It's thick enough to produce massive clouds, while still being thin enough to flow easily and wick well. It might be too thick to wick well in certain tanks, and I recommend building higher resistance coils in any rebuildable tanks since lower resistance coils can vaporize the juice too quickly and burn the wick.

Other Notes: I've tried about 15 different custard flavors, and didn't really like any of them. A few were ok, but nothing spectacular until I met Charlie. I think it has something to do with the fact that custard vapes need to be steeped longer than most other juices, and I doubt if the others I tried had been steeped very long before trying them. Plus a few of the others were just cheap, low quality juices like what you might find in any chain convenience store. Charlie's Custard changed all of that. I fell in love with this juice the first time I puffed on it, and it's been my regular all-day vape ever since. It tastes great straight out of the bottle, but it really shines if you let it sit and steep for 2-3 weeks or more, which causes the flavors to come out a bit stronger. The juice also seems to get a little bit thicker after steeping for a while, which is perfectly fine by me. If you like custard, I highly recommend this one. If you like vanilla, I highly recommend this one. If you like to vape at all, I highly recommend you try this juice.

Ratings:
Flavor: 5/5
Vapor: 4/5
Throat Hit: 5/5
Overall: 14/15 - 93%

A note on my ratings:
When rating flavor, I judge the juice based on the description provided by the manufacturer. Does the juice taste like it's supposed to? Does it smell like it's supposed to? This also encompasses the quality of the flavor. For example, if I'm testing two cherry flavors and one tastes exactly like cherry cough syrup while the other tastes like a black cherry from the fresh produce aisle at the market, the fresh tasting one will get a higher rating.
When rating vapor production, I'm focusing on how much vapor is produced and how thick the clouds are. An example of "1/5" rating would be a Blu cigalike, while a "5/5" rating would be my local shop's 98%VG juice, since it produces the thickest clouds I've ever experienced. 
When rating throat hit, it's all about balance. Too much throat hit will give a lower rating, but too little throat hit will give a lower rating as well. My perfect "5/5" in throat hit is a juice that I can feel in my throat and is slightly rough, but pleasantly so, without giving me a sore throat (too much) or feeling like a drink of water (too little).
The overall rating is the sum total of the three rating categories, followed by a percentage out of 100, with 100% being a perfect vape. This review is somewhat based on my opinion, and everyone's taste is different.

(This post was last modified: 23-11-2014 07:48 AM by Michael.)
23-11-2014 07:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Spasmod (11-23-2014)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,460
RE: Charlie's Custard - Charlie Noble
Thanks for the review Michael, it sounds like it's right down my street that one!
23-11-2014 01:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Charlie's Custard - Charlie Noble
Yeah I've tried so many flavors over the time I've been vaping, so I decided to write some reviews of the best and worst ones lol. Spoiler alert: Charlie Noble only has one flavor that I don't love, and that's because I'm not a fan of peaches. 
23-11-2014 04:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Spasmod (11-23-2014)