Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can i sell juice?
voodoo2 Offline

Likes Given: 1
Can i sell juice?
Hi everyone! 
I am going to start a small vaping company, and would like to sell numerous, already established juice brands. I am not sure how well it will take off, so I wouldn't want to buy in bulk (keep under 50 for now). Can I legally buy juice and sell it for higher? I would not change anything, just promote their juice I like. Just for better understanding I would sell their product, but want to make profit from the sell. Whats the best way to go about this? I dont' really want to start off with any contract with a company because I don't know if I can sell it fast enough. Thanks!
28-02-2014 07:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes voodoo2's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
RE: Can i sell juice?
There's a couple of ways of doing it. There's probably minimum order quantities to get wholesale prices.

If you wish to advertise here you will need to apply for vender status, but that is no problem, just gives a level playing field for all venders present. Also read the venders rules.

Other than that, good luck with your venture.
28-02-2014 07:53 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gords1001's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)
voodoo2 Offline

I am in Texas if that matters regarding legalities. 
28-02-2014 07:54 PM
vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,544
Not sure of the rules in the US. The folks from the US will be along in a while though. Good luck with your venture.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
28-02-2014 08:07 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
18sixfifty is probably your man since he used to be a well established US Vendor - he'll probably be along soon.

Welcome to TVF and good luck getting things sorted.
28-02-2014 09:17 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Yes you can legally resell e-liquids for now at least. You should get yourself a business license first. Just go to your local court house and someone there will tell you what office to go to. You will need to get a DBA "doing business as" So pick a good name because it's going to be your's" They are cheap enough to get I think mine cost $10 I have about four of them now. 

Your license number is also tied into your tax ID. When you go to buy from many companies they will want to keep a file of your business licence and tax ID number. It's actually a great thing to have for anyone and I don't know why more people don't get one. Once you have your DBA and tax ID number you can ask all kinds of wholesale companies to become your supplier that would otherwise simply ignore your requests. 

You wouldn't believe the number of products that you can buy direct with a DBA Tax ID that you can't get without one. 

For instance bottles. You might want to repackage bottles. With a DBA you can go directly to the manufacturer and buy. Many wholesalers will not sell to you without one. 

With your DBA you can also get a Sales Tax Permit. You will need one in Texas for local sales. 

Also go to a local bank or credit union and use your DBA to start an account that is in your business name, whatever it is that you choose to use. Then people can write checks directly to your business name. Also paypal can be linked to that name and account. Although I don't know how they deal with e-cig stuff anymore. When I was still doing it they allowed it but most people were kind of flying under their radar. Many people had stopped doing it. 

If you want to accept credit cards you will need to get in touch with the companies or get a clearance agency to handle that part. 

If you want to start your own website that is easy enough to do and there are several free services although the better ones generally have a monthly fee. GET YOUR OWN DOMAIN NAME and set up your site before contacting suppliers if you want them to take you seriously. 

So in order; get a DBA, Tax ID number, Sales tax permit, bank account and then set up a web site. After that start talking to suppliers. Trust me on this. If you want really good deals this is the way to go. If you don't do it correctly you will have problems in the future and have a hard time getting the more legitimate suppliers to work with you. 

In the US at least if they are not asking for a tax id number you are not dealing with a true wholesaler. 

Need any bottles. LOL 

[Image: IMG_4317_zps8fc351da.jpg]
01-03-2014 12:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like 18sixfifty's post:
Don (03-01-2014), Spasmod (03-01-2014), vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)
voodoo2 Offline

(01-03-2014 12:22 AM)18sixfifty Wrote:  Yes you can legally resell e-liquids for now at least. You should get yourself a business license first. Just go to your local court house and someone there will tell you what office to go to. You will need to get a DBA "doing business as" So pick a good name because it's going to be your's" They are cheap enough to get I think mine cost $10 I have about four of them now. 

Your license number is also tied into your tax ID. When you go to buy from many companies they will want to keep a file of your business licence and tax ID number. It's actually a great thing to have for anyone and I don't know why more people don't get one. Once you have your DBA and tax ID number you can ask all kinds of wholesale companies to become your supplier that would otherwise simply ignore your requests. 

You wouldn't believe the number of products that you can buy direct with a DBA Tax ID that you can't get without one. 

For instance bottles. You might want to repackage bottles. With a DBA you can go directly to the manufacturer and buy. Many wholesalers will not sell to you without one. 

With your DBA you can also get a Sales Tax Permit. You will need one in Texas for local sales. 

Also go to a local bank or credit union and use your DBA to start an account that is in your business name, whatever it is that you choose to use. Then people can write checks directly to your business name. Also paypal can be linked to that name and account. Although I don't know how they deal with e-cig stuff anymore. When I was still doing it they allowed it but most people were kind of flying under their radar. Many people had stopped doing it. 

If you want to accept credit cards you will need to get in touch with the companies or get a clearance agency to handle that part. 

If you want to start your own website that is easy enough to do and there are several free services although the better ones generally have a monthly fee. GET YOUR OWN DOMAIN NAME and set up your site before contacting suppliers if you want them to take you seriously. 

So in order; get a DBA, Tax ID number, Sales tax permit, bank account and then set up a web site. After that start talking to suppliers. Trust me on this. If you want really good deals this is the way to go. If you don't do it correctly you will have problems in the future and have a hard time getting the more legitimate suppliers to work with you. 

In the US at least if they are not asking for a tax id number you are not dealing with a true wholesaler. 

Need any bottles. LOL 

[Image: IMG_4317_zps8fc351da.jpg]
Hello, thank you very much for all the helpful information. I know I will not quite be ready to make my own juice, so I need to sell from an already established company. LOL, are those 10 ML bottles? 
03-03-2014 03:43 PM
vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
You're welcome. It's a lot easier than it seems too, it really is. 

They are 20mm bottles. The caps and dripper part are in another bag. I'm not sure how many I have left maybe 500 or so. I'm not sure, I had thousands of bottles but most of them are gone now. 

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
03-03-2014 05:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes 18sixfifty's post:
vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)
raguri Offline

Likes Given: 8
(03-03-2014 05:21 PM)18sixfifty Wrote:  You're welcome. It's a lot easier than it seems too, it really is. 

They are 20mm bottles. The caps and dripper part are in another bag. I'm not sure how many I have left maybe 500 or so. I'm not sure, I had thousands of bottles but most of them are gone now. 
DAMN IT
Why can't you be in the uk?! 
Two reasons:
A) You can never have enough bottles.
B) That would really, REALLY hack my mum off who tells me off for buying 'too much' vaping gear... Tongue
03-03-2014 08:50 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like raguri's post:
18sixfifty (03-03-2014), Don (03-03-2014), gords1001 (03-04-2014), Spasmod (03-03-2014), vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)
voodoo2 Offline

(03-03-2014 05:21 PM)18sixfifty Wrote:  You're welcome. It's a lot easier than it seems too, it really is. 

I am trying to not get discouraged. I know with any business endeavor, it has its pro's and con's. Trying to find a new home for those 500? If so, send me info...
04-03-2014 03:17 PM
vapejuiceuk (04-28-2016)