Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can anyone help me maximize my P3 with Kabuki Tank?
banger88 Offline

Likes Given: 19
Can anyone help me maximize my P3 with Kabuki Tank?
So I am just over a month smoke free and I got what everyone is calling a Cadillac of vaping devices.  It is a Provari P3 with a Kabuki tank.  It works best with a 1.8 ohm atty so I have been told so I have been using the Aspire Nautilus brand which is compatible.  I did try 1.6 ohms, but my device really did not care for the lower ohms - got error messages half the time and had to lower wattage to get good flavor.  I have 2 EFest IMR 18650 3.7V 2900mAh batteries that I have to charge constantly, so I ordered the Samsung 25r pack from shopmgv to see if they will hold longer...

I run at about 9 watts out of 20 possible.  Found the flavor of most of my juices is better at a lower temperature.  

I am holding the following juices:

ANML - Looper
ANML - Fury (on the way)

Glas - Glazed
Glas - Poundcake (on the way)

The Standard - Frankenvape (least fave)

Charlie's Chalk Dust - True Berry Sugar and Knife

Jimmy the Juice Man - Caramel Pear

Upstate Vape (local company) - Krazy Kustard, Doughnuts done right, Grape coolaid

All of these are at least 60 VG/PG or higher.  Nicotine Level 12 (11 for upstate vape)

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about temperature, compatible attys, batteries, tanks, etc that will help me enjoy being smoke free even more!

thanks in advance for your responses.

Peace, 
Chris
26-04-2016 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,080
RE: Can anyone help me maximize my P3 with Kabuki Tank?
Well you are using the cadillac of MTL vaping. The Kabuki is a great tank and the Provari 3 is really nice. I'm a bit jealous. The only other tank I migtht suggest is the Gs air. I know a few people iusing them and swearing by them. You can also do a Kaifun on that mod if you want to build.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
26-04-2016 06:13 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
banger88 (04-26-2016)
banger88 Offline

(26-04-2016 06:13 PM)paulS Wrote:  Well you are using the cadillac of MTL vaping. The Kabuki is a great tank and the Provari 3 is really nice. I'm a bit jealous. The only other tank I migtht suggest is the Gs air. I know a few people iusing them and swearing by them. You can also do a Kaifun on that mod if you want to build.
Sounds to me like Jenna at Upstate Vape knew what she was doing when she sold me.  I have to do some serious research on building...  any ideas where to start on this?  MTL = mouth to lung, correct?  as a former pack a day+ camel light smoker, this is certainly doing the trick...

Thank you Paul.

Chris
26-04-2016 06:17 PM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,930
On your other thread I mentioned the coils that are possible for this tank. The standard Nautilus coils vape as follows - 1.8ohm at around 9W no more than that. The 1.6ohm at around 10W. there are 2 new coils now the 1.8 Clapton and the 1.2ohm cotton. The Clapton vapes at around 11W the 1.2 at around 14W. For MTL vaping the lower the power you can get away with the better the flavour. With MTL you are only looking for flavour the vapour is not much more than you would get smoke from a cig. so do not go looking for lots of vapour from Nautilus coils. There is something wrong if your batteries are not lasting a couple of days using this low power.
26-04-2016 07:02 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
banger88 (04-26-2016)
banger88 Offline

(26-04-2016 07:02 PM)ecignut Wrote:  On your other thread I mentioned the coils that are possible for this tank. The standard Nautilus coils vape as follows - 1.8ohm at around 9W no more than that. The 1.6ohm at around 10W. there are 2 new coils now the 1.8 Clapton and the 1.2ohm cotton. The Clapton vapes at around 11W the 1.2 at around 14W. For MTL vaping the lower the power you can get away with the better the flavour. With MTL you are only looking for flavour the vapour is not much more than you would get smoke from a cig. so do not go looking for lots of vapour from Nautilus coils. There is something wrong if your batteries are not lasting a couple of days using this low power.
Thank you ecignut. I did see your reply.  I am going to try all of those suggestions out over the next few weeks and let you know.  I was vaping at too high of wattage for my resistance as a matter of fact.  11-12 watts on the 1.8 ohm Nautilus.  It was not great.  Now that I am at 8.8, not only is the flavor better, but the battery life is longer as well.  That being said, I do not believe I got good EFest batteries to start with (meaning flawed, not the brand), so I will give the samsung a try and see if it is better.  Again, thank you for the advice.  
Peace, 
Chris
26-04-2016 07:37 PM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 17,699
Probably fakes. LG HG2 are also great cells. I rotate 20 through the devices and they're good to me.
26-04-2016 09:02 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
banger88 (04-26-2016)