Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cadbury’s Easter Egg No More
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
Cadbury’s Easter Egg No More
More and more of the British way of life is being chipped away, this time by Cadbury who will no longer wish offend people by selling the Easter Egg, instead it will just be sold this year as the Chocolate egg.

I just like to say, like the Easter egg for me, has nothing to do with any religious faith at all, its been part of the British way of life for centuries. There may well be many Christians/Catholic  celebrating Easter, But I for one don't, too me its just a time to buy the grandchildren Easter Eggs.

But just in case people aren’t sure what they’re actually biting into, the word Easter is still there in small print on the back of the packaging to reassure people that they are actually eating a chocolate Easter egg.

Yet mysteriously, Cadbury’s Easter Egg Trail Pack has unquestionably been replaced this year by Cadbury Egg Hunt Pack while its Crème Egg, shaped like an Easter egg and marketed for years as only being available until Easter, has no reference to the annual Christian holiday other than as a deadline to purchase the product. But the spokesperson couldn’t say precisely when and why the packaging has changed.

Source independent Ireland

KEEP FAITH: The Bishop of Salisbury has joined in the debate

Quote:He said: “It’s deeply disappointing and shameful that some of the biggest companies in the country are censoring the centuries’ old tradition.

“It shows they’re insensitive and uncomfortable with the Christian faith.”

His company found 79% of 2,000 adults quizzed would prefer the word to remain on the branding.

And Rt Revd Nicholas Holtam, the Bishop of Salisbury, said: “There seems to be a real resistance by the public to remove the word Easter from these gifts.

So this year I cant buy Easter Eggs, just as well as they were always over priced anyway Smile

More stupidity from this company
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2016 03:22 PM by KingJohn.)
25-03-2016 08:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like KingJohn's post:
Michael (03-25-2016), Ryan (03-25-2016)
peter-k Offline

Likes Given: 47
RE: Cadbury’s Easter Egg No More
Not only their products but also Cadbury itself has lost its magic since they are owned by Mondolez.

I am out of that industry and once applied for a good job with them. Later I realized certain things and became glad I did not succeed.
25-03-2016 10:23 AM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
RE: Cadbury’s Easter Egg No More
Really shame, long establish company, invented the darn stuff, sold out to Kraft. Well we can shut them down, we just wont buy any from them.

So Belgium chocolate suppose to be good, must get some
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2016 03:28 PM by KingJohn.)
25-03-2016 03:21 PM