Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Burnt Taste?
kingtwiggy Offline

Likes Given: 0
Burnt Taste?
OK, got a few questions.  I just got my first ecig right before new years, and have since cut down from a pack and a half a day to maybe 2 packs a week.  I also recently upgraded from a twist style VV battery to a Tesla mod.  I've got an Aerotank, an iClear, and a Protank III all sitting right around 2.0 - 2.2 ohms.  I've seen/heard people talk about running around 10-16 watts, but if I get over 8.5 watts or 4.4 volts I start to get a burnt taste.  I'm getting decent vapor, at lower power but not quite what I'm looking for.  Looking for the same great flavor with a bit more volume, that was my reason for changing over to the mod.  Any suggestions or ideas on what problems might be, or am I just setting it too high?

Thanks in advance.
06-04-2014 12:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes kingtwiggy's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
RE: Burnt Taste?
Howdy and welcome aboard. Being able to run at higher volts/watts really all depends on your atomizer and coil setup. With the setup you have it's only natural that it will taste burnt. 

Quote:Looking for the same great flavor with a bit more volume

This sounds like you should fit right in on this forum. Most of us are cloud chasers in one way or another. I don't know if there is anyway to get more out of the toppers you have. I have a couple protanks and neither one of them get used. I can't get enough vapor with them to satisfy. Not even close. 

The best way to be sure that you will get what you are looking for is to get into rebuildables. It sounds like you like having a tank filled with juice. In that case I would suggest something like the Aqua or the Kayfun. If you don't mind dripping it's even easier. Some of the drippers are supper easy to build up for the most vapor possible. 

You can check out our "how do you drip you wick" thread and see what some people do. However it doesn't need to get nearly as complex as most of the builds you will see. I posted a couple of my simple builds. 

Feel free to ask any and all questions. Not much going on today but I know at about a half dozen people will be more than happy to log on and answer your questions, including me. 

Vape on!

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
06-04-2014 12:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes 18sixfifty's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Pulsar Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 979
Taifun GT would be a good one to start with I think. Its pretty easy to build on, has good flavor, and holds a good amount of juice. I really like the bottom air flow on it too.

[Image: 1299139200_30_1_USD_7.50_dark.png]
06-04-2014 03:27 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulsar's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
As said above.

You really want to get into rebuildables, I've heard good things about the aspire nautilus and the kanger aerotank, so they may be worth a try, but they run to the same cost as a clone rebuildable atomiser where you really can tailor the device to suit yourself.

I would suggest getting something like a trident rda clobe to learn to coil on, and keep doing some research on what tanks may suit, ad tanks add an extra complication in terms of getting your liquid from the tank too the coil correctly.

You also may find that once you start dripping, its not such a hassle as it first seems.

Welcome to the forum and dont be affraid to ask any questions you like none are pointless.
06-04-2014 10:29 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gords1001's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
Welcome to TVF!

Usually a dual coil tank will allow 10-12 watts but if it's single coil then it'll be a bit too much power to allow the juice to wick fast enough, that's why you're getting the burnt taste.

One method to improve the stock coils is to build your own coil with better wire and to use a Cotton wick but it's pretty fiddly at best inside the manufactured coil heads in most of the tanks. It's by far easier and most definitely more satisfying (both flavourwise and cloudwise) as the guys have said to get yourself a rebuildable dripper.

Some good suggestions have been mentioned so far and another suggestion I would throw in here is the Phoenix style atomizer. It's dead simple and about perfect for starting out in rebuildables. Get yourself some 30 Gauge wire and make a 1.2-1.3 ohm coil with a cotton wick and you'll have a fantastic vape with much more clouds and much more flavour.

Good luck, and feel free to ask away with a many questions as you wish.. we've all been where you're at right now so we're willing to help out wherever we can. Good3
06-04-2014 04:25 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
It's interesting to see the talk about rebuilding and higher power and dripping, because I've had 2 people already ask me how I modded my protank to get so much vapor from that tank, LOL... 

Now, I'm still new to this, but I find I get great clouds and flavor by turning the voltage DOWN on the dual-coil protank II and taking longer, slower inhales.  Massive flavor, massive clouds.  Haven't felt the need to upgrade at all.  *shrug*

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
08-04-2014 06:06 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Almost Jaded's post:
TinWhisker (08-10-2015), vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
kingtwiggy Offline

Likes Given: 0
Thanks for all of the tips.  I'm looking into getting a Kayfun eventually, but I'm not sure I'm quite ready to get into rebuildables just yet.  I did just get in a Nautilus today, and so far it's amazing.  Great flavor, and big clouds.  I'll check into some of the other starter rebuildables you folks have mentioned also.  Definitely appreciate the welcome, and great advice.  

Also just ordered my first Boba's Bounty...anybody tried it yet?  What can I expect?
09-04-2014 08:22 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes kingtwiggy's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,548
It's the thickest commercial juice I know of. Should give very good clouds. Never tried it myself though.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
09-04-2014 08:31 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)