Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Breakage?
The Vaper Offline

Likes Given: 2
Breakage?
So, recently, my city has become a vape-capital.
How is this so?
Well, we're home to the HQ of Freedom Smoke, and because of this, many people in this city have switched.

I've now seen my workers at McDonald's, Circle K, you name it, they all have them.

So, it shocked me when I heard this:

I was chatting with a manager at the McDonalds, and I'd asked him why he doesn't vape, his response:
"I've tried them and they work, but they always break"

I couldn't believe it, for one, he gave up on vaping because they "kept breaking" and two, they are breaking!

The model he's been trying is the Joyetech 650mah I believe, and I've NEVER gotten any complaints from buyers of these, one, they hold a great charge, two, they're VERY durable, and three, they are compact and easy to charge.

Well, have any of you folks had this sort of thing happen to you?

Care to chime in?
25-08-2013 10:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Vaper's post:
Galaxyrider (01-31-2015)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,587
RE: Breakage?
A friend of mine owns one of the original Drip-tip Joytech module and it's still going strong after several years. His wife just bought a 650mAh Cartomizer version and seems to be happy with it.

It would be interesting to know exactly 'How' he's managing to break them.. unless he's screwing the tip on too tight ?
25-08-2013 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The Vaper Offline

(25-08-2013 12:57 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  A friend of mine owns one of the original Drip-tip Joytech module and it's still going strong after several years. His wife just bought a 650mAh Cartomizer version and seems to be happy with it.

It would be interesting to know exactly 'How' he's managing to break them.. unless he's screwing the tip on too tight ?

Well apparently he's dropping them... Big Grin
29-08-2013 09:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
I was going to suggest he's probably dropping them.  I love how people blame the product before admitting they are the ones at fault. Angel
09-09-2013 07:01 PM
The Vaper Offline

(09-09-2013 07:01 PM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  I was going to suggest he's probably dropping them.  I love how people blame the product before admitting they are the ones at fault. Angel
Yep! That's so stereotypical...

However, I've owned many PV's in my day, and I NEVER had one break, maybe one, however I did use it as a pry bar, so...
09-09-2013 07:23 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,587
My mate bought an EGo mod and managed to pull the top clean off in only 2 days Smile He brought it over and luckily we managed to resolder the wires.. no it's back up and running!
09-09-2013 07:50 PM
The Vaper Offline

(09-09-2013 07:50 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  My mate bought an EGo mod and managed to pull the top clean off in only 2 days Smile He brought it over and luckily we managed to resolder the wires.. no it's back up and running!

Those wires are tiny, I actually did the same think with an iTwist or whatever those square variable voltage mods are by Innokin and just threw it away...
I think I only paid £20 so it wasn't a big loss, but you gotta be careful.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 11:26 PM by The Vaper.)
09-09-2013 11:25 PM
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
(25-08-2013 10:56 AM)The Vaper Wrote:  So, recently, my city has become a vape-capital.
How is this so?
Well, we're home to the HQ of Freedom Smoke, and because of this, many people in this city have switched.

I've now seen my workers at McDonald's, Circle K, you name it, they all have them.

So, it shocked me when I heard this:

I was chatting with a manager at the McDonalds, and I'd asked him why he doesn't vape, his response:
"I've tried them and they work, but they always break"

I couldn't believe it, for one, he gave up on vaping because they "kept breaking" and two, they are breaking!

The model he's been trying is the Joyetech 650mah I believe, and I've NEVER gotten any complaints from buyers of these, one, they hold a great charge, two, they're VERY durable, and three, they are compact and easy to charge.

Well, have any of you folks had this sort of thing happen to you?

Care to chime in?
I think my VERY FIRST question would be.. What exactly is breaking? Is it always the same part? Does he understand that there are those juices out there that are known as "Tank Crackers"..and what to do about it?
Second idea, is that if hes continuously "breaking" something, maybe he needs a heavier duty model... Or maybe he should be more careful with it. (Not saying he's a klutz), I've dropped a few of the smaller, lighter ones, and yes.. they broke.. I got a bigger one, stronger one, but I never gave up.
I drip more than I use a tank now, but just a suggestion for safety.. pull over when youre driving and its time to drip.
My 2 faves are, the Copper TOBH, and the Copper Mutation X v2. I've heard that there is a v3 out, but I have yet to see it.

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
31-01-2015 02:55 PM