Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Big Dripper Discussion
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,344
RE: Big Dripper Discussion
It isn't. I spent 7 hours getting from South London to the M25. About 15 miles as the crow flies. This is normal on a weekday morning. 

Last time I did it, the drive from London SE20 to Aberdeen AB24 took 16 hours. It should take under nine. There were complicating factors - the M1 was closed so all traffic had to go via the A1(M). The first time I was able to exceed 40mph was 350 miles north of where I started.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
17-10-2014 10:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Eww... I drove 8 hours yesterday and thought that was rough. 16 would be hell. 
But about that 7 hour drive, seriously, you could ride a bike and get 15 miles in 2 hours easily, more like 1 if you can pedal fast. You averaged like 2mph. 

Oh wait, you're in the UK, why are you using miles? lol 15 miles is like 25-26km right?
17-10-2014 10:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,289
2014 and we're still driving on the ground! just doesn't seem right. We were supposed to be driving hovering vehicles and have bases on the moon by now *pffft*
18-10-2014 12:45 AM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Truth! We should all be wearing rocket boots too, while we're on the topic. 
18-10-2014 03:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
(10-10-2014 12:44 AM)Michael Wrote:  Hey guys, so there have been at least a couple reviews of the Big Dripper, so I didn't want to do another whole review since it would be a bit redundant. So instead, I'm making a thread for Big Dripper discussion, so I can tell you guys a bit of my experience and if anyone wants to ask questions or give your own experience you can.

I've had my Big Dripper for about three days now, and I freakin' love the thing. I've been looking for something like it for a while, and when I found one at a local vape shop I just had to have it. There are a few things that I don't really like about it, but the fact of having a tank on top far outweighs the negative points. So here goes:

Pros
  • The Big Dripper has a tank. This thing is an RDA with a TANK. Let me say it one more time: AN RDA WITH A FREAKIN TANK. This is just the coolest thing ever. It tastes like an RDA, it blows clouds like an RDA, but it doesn't have to be dripped like an RDA. Dripping and driving is a thing of the past.
  • It also has decent airflow. Not Mutation X airflow by any means, but still good. The airflow could be compared to a TOBH Atty RDA. It can handle most builds you put on it even down into the sub-ohm levels. I currently have mine built with dual parallel 28ga coils that runs about .32 ohms.
  • It's sturdy as hell. This thing is pretty much 100% stainless except for the 510 connection, which is...
  • Copper. A copper 510 connection just seems nice, even if it doesn't really make much difference as far as conductivity. I've heard that stainless steel is only 1 milliohm worse at conducting than copper (don't quote me on that, I'm not 100% sure), but the copper 510 just makes it feel nicer for some reason. And if it feels right, then who cares if it's just a placebo effect?
  • The tank is easy to use as well. Just push down on the drip tip, and a small amount of juice will be dripped onto your wick.

Cons
  • It's a bit of a pain to fill completely. It's easy enough to get around 2-3ml in it, but to fill it to the full 5ml capacity you have to really do some maneuvering. I fixed this problem with mine by using a drip tip that is exactly the same diameter as the plunger, but this could be a problem for most people if you don't have a perfect drip tip on it.
  • The deck is a pain to work with. This is sort of a minor complaint, since it's easy enough once you get used to it, but any RBA where the coils sit lower than the edge of the deck loses points in my opinion.
  • The juice you use matters. I use a variety of juices, some of which are 98% VG, others of which are 50:50 or 70:30. The super high VG juice had some problems with dry hits, and I found out that the tank wasn't letting quite as much juice onto the wick. This is easily fixed by just pushing the plunger twice if you're using super high VG juice. On the other hand, my 50:50 juice seemed to run out very quickly and drown the wicks, which leads me to believe that it might be slowly leaking into the deck. I'm not 100% sure about this, since I haven't done any kind of scientific tests or anything like that, but I'd say your best bet is 70:30 or higher VG.
  • Mine didn't come with a drip tip. This is a VERY minor complaint, but it's still worth noting. Fortunately I keep about 10 extra drip tips on hand since I like to customize my new atties anyway.
  • It only drips from one small hole. This means that it saturates one side of the wick, and the juice must then spread to the other side. This isn't usually a problem, unless you're using super high VG. When using my 98% VG juice, I noticed that I could have one side dry while the other side was soaked. Easy fix was to turn the top cap around 180 degrees so it would drip on the dry side. With other juices it didn't really matter. 

So there you have it. That's been my experience with the Big Dripper RDA. Some of my points might be things other people won't care about, but I figured I'd just let you guys know everything I've noticed about it and let you sort through the rest. The only thing about it that I really don't like is that I'm running out of juice at the end of the day. I think my juice is leaking just slightly, since the wicks are soaked after leaving it for a while. But it's not a huge deal, I could just carry a small drip bottle with me in case I have to refill. 

Have you guys noticed anything else about the Big Dripper, or do you have any questions about it? Leave some comments, folks!
I looked at the Big Dripper, and watched several reviews, and read as many if not more. Then, at a friends B&M, I had my first encounter with .. "BIG BUDDA"  twin coils, a very liberal twin air bleed, that gave me awesome lung hits. The clone from EHPro is said to have a 10 mil capacity, I wanted a Hades anyway. this seems like the perfect top fpr a Hades. If youd lie to take a look at the Big Budda,  here it is, from EHPro... http://www.fluidvapes.com/atomizers/big-...a-by-ehpro

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
18-10-2014 11:19 AM
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Got my big dripper in from focal e-cigs. It's pretty solid the o-rings on the bottom could be nicer. It works well but it's huge.

About the only thing I have to add is that to get the hit I like I had to set the coils up close to the bottom of the deck. If I leave the coils horizontal from the post holes the hit is just kinda funky. Pushing the coils down at an angle gives a much better hit. I have it set up with dual coils, 8 wraps of 28 on a 1/16th drill bit on each side. 

I like it better than the 3D and so far other than a simple plain small dripper this is my favorite setup. I have it on top of a panzer SS 26650 mod and for a battery I'm using a sony green 30amp 26650. Pretty good clouds, mellow, warm and lots of flavor. Can't complain about anything.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
18-10-2014 02:47 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Good find, Galaxyrider. That looks like a pretty good atty. These days I get really annoyed by anything without post holes since I've been spoiled by the TOBH, Mutation X and Big Dripper, but for a dual coil tank I could probably force myself to deal with it. Looks like a nice setup, coil sitting above the airflow like a kayfun. I have to wonder about the airflow, since the holes look kinda small, but I guess that's the kind of thing I'd have to test for myself to find out. I don't have a 26650 mod, I wonder how it would look on my Sigelei-100W.

18sixfifty, you're using a 26650 Panzer and calling the Big Dripper huge. There's something wrong with that statement. (hint: the wrong part is the "huge" part because your mod is gigantic)

Thanks for mentioning the build quirks, I always build mine with the coils just a little bit below the air holes so the air can flow over it more easily. I've noticed that if I line the coils up directly with the holes, it restricts airflow a bit, so I just push them down. I didn't notice any flavor change, but I didn't leave them in the higher position very long anyway so it might have been different and I didn't notice. I've never used the 3D but I've heard bad things, a couple reviews on YouTube (including PBusardo who hasn't led me wrong yet) were fairly negative, and the guys in the shop selling them told me not to get one. That's pretty bad when the shop guys tell you not to buy the product they're carrying.
18-10-2014 03:44 PM