Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best RDA for flavor?
stephi1673 Offline

Likes Given: 1
Best RDA for flavor?
Looking into a new RDA, but it's so hard for me to choose. I really want one good for flavor, but I HATE anything with bottom airflow. Im not too accurate of a dripper, so that base airflow does nothing for me but make a huge mess and cause anger outbursts. Considering a 13 heavens 9 hells or a Petri. Anyone have any suggestions for me to look into? Nothing more than $100 please! I'd prefer something with a decent build deck and juice well, something that can handle dual coil alien wire with no issues. And...GO!
30-11-2015 07:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,345
RE: Best RDA for flavor?
I have a 13 Heavans 9 Hells clone and I really like it. I'm also not a fan of bottom airflow so the 13 is good for me. Flavor is really good, vapor is OK.

I also get great flavor and vapor from my Velocity clone. Another one without the bottom airflow as well. Both of those are easy to build on; the Velocity is more airy for more vapor than the 13. However, the 13 Heavans 9 Hells wins my vote because it comes with a very large chuff cap, which I prefer over the smaller diameter ones. The Velocity's is OK but I just really prefer the wide open hit of a big cap. It's actually wide enough that I can drip right into the RDA without removing the cap or body.
30-11-2015 07:49 PM
stephi1673 Offline

(30-11-2015 07:49 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  I have a 13 Heavans 9 Hells clone and I really like it. I'm also not a fan of bottom airflow so the 13 is good for me. Flavor is really good, vapor is OK.

I also get great flavor and vapor from my Velocity clone. Another one without the bottom airflow as well. Both of those are easy to build on; the Velocity is more airy for more vapor than the 13. However, the 13 Heavans 9 Hells wins my vote because it comes with a very large chuff cap, which I prefer over the smaller diameter ones. The Velocity's is OK but I just really prefer the wide open hit of a big cap. It's actually wide enough that I can drip right into the RDA without removing the cap or body.

Your velocity clone didn't come with the chuff top? The velocities that my shop sells are also clones with the massive wide bore chuff top. Never seen one of my customers remove the top cap to redrip on their velocities. Only to rewick/rebuild. I love the 13 heavens, but they've been out for so long, I was curious if there was something equal to or better than it on the market now. I've got some really nice ones in store, but they're a little pricey for me and a lot have bottom air flow now. Just started carrying the full size and mini freakshows. I love how they look, but that bottom air flow is a deal breaker for this chick...considering even the Vector RDA with its top air flow, but if I remember correctly, thats more for vapor than for flavor. Yes? Can't remember. Been a while since I've messed with one.
30-11-2015 07:59 PM
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,345
I remove the body to fill it with juice, not to vape it. With the 13 I can easily fill the well without taking off the top because the cap is wide enough for me to see easily into the juice well and coils. Not so with the V. I have to remove it to see the fill level clearly

The Velocity comes with a wide bore chuff, obviously wider than a standard 510 drip tip, but it's nowhere near the wide bore of the 13.
30-11-2015 08:25 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,106
I have one of these and it's awesome! http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32338537560...sitedetail 
Great flavour, domed top, wide bore tip, massive airflow options, quad post holes, copper 510 pin and has never leaked in the months I've had it. Best rda I own, all but the logo which I dislike immensely.

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2015 09:32 PM by gentlydoingit*.)
30-11-2015 09:18 PM
stephi1673 Offline

(30-11-2015 08:25 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  I remove the body to fill it with juice, not to vape it. With the 13 I can easily fill the well without taking off the top because the cap is wide enough for me to see easily into the juice well and coils. Not so with the V. I have to remove it to see the fill level clearly

The Velocity comes with a wide bore chuff, obviously wider than a standard 510 drip tip, but it's nowhere near the wide bore of the 13.

Oh, ok. Makes sense now. Yeah it is hard to see down the velocity chuff to make sure you dont overdrip. That is a nice feature on the 13, you're right.
30-11-2015 09:28 PM
stephi1673 Offline

(30-11-2015 09:18 PM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  I have one of these and it's awesome! http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32338537560...sitedetail Domed top, wide bore tip, massive airflow options, quad post holes, copper 510 pin and has never leaked in the months I've had it. Best rda I own, all but the logo which I dislike immensely.

I'd try one, but that link you posted wants me to buy 100 of those RDAs with no option to just see the price of or purchase just one! Not buying 100 of the same RDA for $800 when I dont even know if I'll like the ONE that I would keep, nor do I know 99 people that would willingly buy one of those off me.
30-11-2015 09:30 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,106
Haha, fair call. How about this 
https://www.fasttech.com/search?crusader Smile

*just noticed.. that's my review of the gold oneThank_you2

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2015 09:38 PM by gentlydoingit*.)
30-11-2015 09:33 PM
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
I have a CLT, and a Fishbone that are killer for flavor, I wick 24 ga SS coils (2.5mm/6 wraps) with regular cotton, medical grade cotton, or Cotton Bacon. Funny, how when I started vaping I said, Id never be a dripper.. yet here I am, pulling over to re drip my CLT. LOL  I call it the DAD complex.. Drip, and Drive.

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2015 02:36 PM by Galaxyrider.)
05-12-2015 02:34 PM
kate xu Offline

Likes Given: 2
For sure it is mutation x v4,it is the King of RDA
11-12-2015 09:45 AM