Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Backtracking on vape choice
Smokin' Dave Offline

Likes Given: 15
Backtracking on vape choice
After careful consideration and perusing the highly informative FAQ section in this great forum,I've decided to put the Kanger Drip Box aside and purchase a Vamo V5 along with a Aspire Nautilus Mini tank.Should be here sometime next week.

My hope is that this might be a better choice as far as getting reacquainted to vaping and it won't be such a lung ripper like the Drip Box is to my lungs and over time transition from mouth to lung to total lung draws and go back to a box of some sort.

This new purchase may be a bit of a challenge for me since I do earn a living from driving a truck hence my original thinking that a drip box would be the way to go.I can put the box in my shirt pocket and not think about it rolling around the seat next to me but sela.My storage capacity is limited in the cab but I'll figure out a way to keep the Vamo within reach secure and do stops when necessary to refill the tank.  

It will still be better than dealing with cigarettes and ashes flying all over the place not to mention the cost savings and health benefits to boot. 
24-04-2016 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smokin' Dave's post:
Michael (04-24-2016)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Backtracking on vape choice
I think that's a great idea. The Vamo is a good mod for MTL vaping and the Nautilus Mini is my favorite MTL tank. Be sure to use the BVC coils for the Nautilus, BVC stands for "Bottom Vertical Coil" and they work a lot better than the normal Nautilus coils. 
24-04-2016 02:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Smokin' Dave (04-24-2016)
Smokin' Dave Offline

Good suggestion and I'm looking at some BVC's right now and am given two options.1.6 ohm or 1.8 ohm.What would be my better choice?
24-04-2016 03:14 PM
TinWhisker Offline
I Vape, Therefore I Squonk
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,579
By the way, the regular size Nautilus (which is a lot larger) uses the same coils and if you want the tank to stay full longer, it's also a great choice.
24-04-2016 03:17 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
Michael (04-25-2016), Smokin' Dave (04-24-2016)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

I would go with the 1.8 ohm. Run it around 9.0W or so depending on the juice. That's what I use in my Nautilus Mini when I want to MTL vape. The Vamo V5 will only fire coils 1.5 ohms or above, and though the coils are named 1.6 they could vary, that's why I'd get the slightly higher ones just to be sure they'll work on the Vamo. And TW is right, the full-sized Nautilus is a good option too. I use the Mini since I use it for a small setup to keep in my pocket when I don't want to carry a bigger setup, but if you don't mind a little more girth then the full-sized Nautilus holds quite a bit more juice. 
25-04-2016 12:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
Smokin' Dave (04-25-2016)
Smokin' Dave Offline

Yup.Thanks.I did order the 1.8 and have thrown the girthy Nautilus on my to buy list.I'll be placing the order next week.
25-04-2016 01:15 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Smokin' Dave's post:
Michael (04-25-2016), TinWhisker (04-25-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
I Vape, Therefore I Squonk
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,579
The Nautilus is an old, but very reliable tank. The only complaint I have is that it's bottom fill, but the big one does hold enough juice for a long time so that helps. I only use it on the rare times I sneak it into my carry on and stealth vape it at the hotel, but it's been super reliable. 1.8 BVC coil at 9w is where I use it as well. Definitely a long way from the RDA's I always use, but for a nice quiet vape you can't beat it. By the way I have it paired with a Sigelei 30w mini, which is also an outstanding mod for low power vaping.
25-04-2016 02:52 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like TinWhisker's post:
ecignut (04-25-2016), Michael (04-25-2016)
Smokin' Dave Offline

Satisfaction at last.I was out of town for the past couple of days and my goodies were waiting for me when I got home today.

I am soooo satisfied with this I threw out the remainder of my last pack of cigarettes.I can even do lung draws with this Vamo.The flavor is splendid,vapor production just fine for me and it's everything I had hoped for so far.

Thank you good forum members for steering me in the proper direction and with this new and improved vape I'm saying good riddance to tobacco for ever.

The flavor is so good I can't believe it.So much better than before.

And now I am so hooked.I am looking for a box mod that I can just fit in my pocket when I'm driving and eventually keep the Vamo to vape at home.

Man, this is so great I can't believe it.
28-04-2016 11:28 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Smokin' Dave's post:
Don (04-29-2016), gentlydoingit* (04-28-2016), Michael (04-29-2016)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Glad you like the Vamo! 
29-04-2016 01:45 AM
Smokin' Dave Offline

Well let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I was having a nice vape this morning with my coffee and it just stopped producing.Checking it further it says low ohm.Checking the ohm level it says 0.0 ohm.Investigating further,without the tank attached it says 9.9 ohms.
With the tank attached 0.0 ohms.
With a new unused atomizer attached,0.0 ohms.
So I'm guessing that it's either the tank or more likely the Vamo.I'm waiting for delivery of a bigger tank and see if it works before I start yelling at the people who sold the Vamo to me.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
29-04-2016 10:11 PM