Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Attack Of The Clones
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
Attack Of The Clones
bom bom bom.. du du du...

Just browsing FastTech and window shopping, they have the Triton 2 tank for around £18, about the same as I paid in the UK. Then I find one listed as "Triton 2 Styled Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer"

Triton 2 Clone half the price of a genuine one $14.52 (£9.43)

It looks so good ! probably is real with just the scratch code removed
11-03-2016 02:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes KingJohn's post:
Michael (03-11-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,365
RE: Attack Of The Clones
Some clones are pretty good, some are an embarrassment. The Mad Hatter clone I had was miserable, and so was my wife's Velocity. But both our 13 Heavens clones are very good. Unfortunately, I have never owned an authentic RDA so I don't have a benchmark to compare it to, but I am going to buy the authentic TM2 when it is available so maybe that will shed some light. To my knowledge all my tanks have been authentic, and the quality has been hit or miss (specifically on the Triton).
11-03-2016 02:07 PM
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
RE: Attack Of The Clones
Well the Triton 2 Tank I have is superbly made, great quality and engineering. I did pay full price for it though.. So was astonished at the quality of this clone.. must be same manufacturer.

I also bought a Triton 1 RBA its well made, came in a nice box with lots of spair parts

The Subox min quality isn't good at all, its a cheap tank, I have improved it with FT top tank refillable, thinking it was just the top bit, but its the whole tank, better quality than the original

Hard to say who is the real manufacturer of these things are, don't know if Aspire make things or gets someone else to make them, then that company sells them as clones :0

I have only ever bought one clone a "Apo Ghetto Inc Styled RDA" ha ha, its so bad, screws bend and pillar bulges on first coil test, I'm sure its made out of some look alike metal.

There again, someone was selling "Fake" Kanger Protank 2 tanks, 3rd of the price (Not listed as Kanger at all), but when they came they are Genuine, with code removed.. Stops Kanger complaining about selling cheap I guess.

Its easy if you already have a real one, can spot something wrong
11-03-2016 09:03 PM