Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aspire Triton Mini or Triton 2 for MTL?
EddieN Offline
Toodle Club Member

Likes Given: 186
Aspire Triton Mini or Triton 2 for MTL?
As the title says, I want to buy a MTL tank but I'm unsure which one. I was ready to buy the Triton Mini, when I saw some very good reviews on the Triton 2. So, I want your opinion which one is the best, especially for MTL and the other features of course. 
09-11-2016 09:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,500
RE: Aspire Triton Mini or Triton 2 for MTL?
Hi ed - The Triton mini is the better option because it has a wider variety of coils for MTL. The Triton 2 only has one coil for MTL which is a 1.8ohm. The Triton mini uses the Nautilus coils and you have the choice of three - 1.2ohm; 1.6ohm; 1.8ohm. The 1.2 ohm is my favourite and vapes well at around 10.5W. There is the consideration of cost as well - the Triton 2 coils are expensive compared to the Triton mini ones. Other tanks out there are the Nautilus itself but it is rather outdated now with its airflow and the Eleaf GS tanks which have a brilliant 1.5ohm coil for MTL - this tank is also cheaper than the others. None of the tanks I have mentioned have any leakage problems - I have all these tanks and they are totally leak free. The only other thing you have to consider is the Mod. You do not need a lot of power for MTL but what you do need is a mod that has the ability to increase/decrease in increments of 0.1W - some mods now only adjust by a full Watt and the Innokin mods adjust by 0.5W - so are no good for serious MTL vaping. If it was me I would not hesitate in going for the Triton mini - it is a really nice tank - top fill and fully adjustable airflow. Best of luck with your choice - happy vaping[Image: smile.gif].
09-11-2016 12:14 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
EddieN (11-09-2016)
vapemesilly Offline

Likes Given: 0
I have the Triton 2 and the Triton 2 Mini. I use the mini for MTL with a 1.2 ohm coil. It absolutely rocks. I've used 1.8 clapton coil and while it gives great flavor it is a bit milder hit. I use the Triton 2 for sub ohm vaping and it rocks, too. I really like Aspire products. They give great flavor, don't leak. Can't go wrong with the Tritons.
09-11-2016 04:04 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like vapemesilly's post:
ecignut (11-09-2016), EddieN (11-09-2016)
EddieN Offline
Toodle Club Member

Likes Given: 186
Oh I didn't know you can't use the 1.2 ohm coils with the Triton 2. With that said, you convinced me on buying the Mini
09-11-2016 08:47 PM