Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aspire Nautilus Trouble
Cman Offline

Likes Given: 166
RE: Aspire Nautilus Trouble
(02-05-2015 03:56 AM)Michael Wrote:  The higher wattage devices are fun for a couple of things. First, cloud chasing. That's really the main reason you'd want a high-power device. Stick a Dark Horse RDA with a .3 ohm dual parallel 24ga kanthal build on top of a God Mod 180W and watch the sky darken as your clouds blot out the sun. Second reason would be the battery life increase. Mods with more power are going to need more mAh to support that, so you'll have a lot longer battery life if you're using it at lower power. And the third reason would be "my mod is bigger than yours." Some vapers see it as a dick-measuring contest, where the guy with the biggest, most powerful mod is the winner. Those guys aren't measuring dicks, they're being dicks. Don't be one of those guys.

I own a couple of high-powered devices for reasons 1 & 2. My Sigelei-100W gets used for cloud chasing with RDAs, and my God Mod 180 is usually just for battery life. Seriously, the thing takes 3 18650 cells, I can run that at 40W for days. Well, at least a day or two. I vape pretty much non-stop so I tend to vape as much in one day as most people would in three. Tongue
Yeah, i will never understand cloud chasing , i just don't get the fascination at all , it's not like witnessing "fire" for the first time.   My mod is bigger and better than yours , also zero interest in that , i don't even care what my mod looks like , as long as it vapes and gets the job done.

I think i would recheck on your battery longevity comments , running super low ohm's always kills battery life faster .  

Here is an outstanding site on everything battery which explains why low ohm's kills battery life much faster and how to prolong battery life etc...
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/

This snippet is pretty convincing:   
Quote:That's how it works. The whole point of sub-ohm coils is to push massive power - it's what creates that huge vapor and flavor. The downside of pushing massive power is that you drain a battery very quickly. If you want your battery to last longer, you'll need to build a coil with higher resistance, which will reduce the power you're vaping with.

In other words, you have to choose which is more important to you... longer battery life or big clouds. You can't really have both.

(02-05-2015 12:31 PM)kramer Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 02:39 AM)Cman Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 11:28 PM)kramer Wrote:  I broke my second tank today trying to loosen it to refill. I ordered a couple of those stainless steel sleeves, hoping that helps the problem. I have been not tightening them near as much for the last week, but still having a helluva time loosening to refill. Both tanks were shattered after trying to not make them so tight.

Your kidding , how does this happen ?   Are your tanks clones of the Nautilus or genuine Nautiluses ?   Something seems very very wrong here .   The clones look identical and come in a box that looks identical ,  real Nautilus has identification codes.
These are authentic Aspire tanks. I think the heat generated while vaping has something to do with it.
Don't know what wattage your running them at but Nautilus tanks should not be run higher than around 15 -17 watts tops even with the new BVC coils .  Most don't even vape that wattage , BVC 's are known to run best from 10 to 14 watts.   The BDC coils should be run under 10 watts.

Maybe you mean the Aspire Atlantis tanks , those have issues and run a lot higher wattage.

Kramer, any chance you can post some pics of the devastation?
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 06:09 PM by Cman.)
02-05-2015 05:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
kramer Offline

Likes Given: 0
These are the Nautilus tanks. Been running them right at 10 watts.

No pics of the devastation. The first time I cut my finger pretty bad. The second time caught me off guard, but no cuts. They make a cracking sound, then pretty much disintegrate.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 06:02 PM by kramer.)
02-05-2015 06:01 PM
Cman Offline

Likes Given: 166
(02-05-2015 06:01 PM)kramer Wrote:  These are the Nautilus tanks. Been running them right at 10 watts.

No pics of the devastation. The first time I cut my finger pretty bad. The second time caught me off guard, but no cuts. They make a cracking sound, then pretty much disintegrate.

I don't get it then , very very baffling .
02-05-2015 06:11 PM
jerryz Offline
One of the good guys!

Likes Given: 301
I know this ia a Nautilus thread, but I wanted to ask about my Atlantis tank.I recently put in a new coil head. After I thoroughly soaked the wick, did 10 or more draws without power, and let it sit for a hour or so, still got a dry burny hit. What else can I do?

ROCK ON! VAPE ON! Music2
18-05-2015 02:38 AM
BOB Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 10,060
if its a regulated mod you could try turning the power down a bit Good

if at first you don't succeed ,call it version 1.0
18-05-2015 05:13 AM
ElectronicEmily Offline

Likes Given: 93
This happened to my Nautilus the other day, and no one in the office could get it open. The only way I could open it again was to put it in the refrigerator overnight - the next morning it opened easy Smile
21-05-2015 03:29 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ElectronicEmily's post:
BOB (05-21-2015)