Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aspire Nautilus- SHOOTING JUICE
MJHolc312 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Aspire Nautilus- SHOOTING JUICE
Guys,
I am at the end of my rope. I bought a brand new authentic Nautilus Aspire tank and CANNOT get the think to work. At all. No matter what I do, it consistently spits juice into my mouth. I am using new BVC coils at 1.8 or 1.6. I have gone through about 15 of them, from different vendors. I am using an iTaste vv battery at about 11 watts. Everything is screwed in proper.
No matter what I do, I constantly get juice spitting up into my mouth. It doesn’t even really leak that much, just spits juice into my mouth. I now feel like I am getting sick from constantly getting the juice in my mouth. I am using 70/30 VG/PG liquid and have tried a bunch of 50/50.

Can anyone give me advice? Could a battery be causing this? I have tried literally everything. About 5 hits after I put in a new cardo, I get the juice spitting up. I have now gone through 2 brand new Aspire’s so I know it’s not the hardware. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

James 
14-12-2015 04:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,444
RE: Aspire Nautilus- SHOOTING JUICE
Hi there. 11w on a 1.8 ohm is quite high, I assume you've tried turning the power down or tried your atty on another mod?

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
14-12-2015 04:43 PM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,943
Hi - We do not hear about problems very often regarding the Nautilus it is one of the most reliable tanks out there. As Gently says 11W is rather high for the 1.8 ohm coil - it vapes at around 9W the 1.6 ohm coil at around 10W. You say it hardly leaks - this tank does not leak unless the coil is done, dodgy or not fitted properly. Even at 11W what you are describing should not be happening - I take it you let the coil soak for a few minutes before you vape. Check the volts reading - it should be around 3.9 to 4.1 - what you describe really sounds like too much power but 11W is high but not that high. If it was me I would try the tank on a different mod  - what you are describing may be the juice - the ratio is fine even at 70/30 VG/PG but what is the quality - is it a known brand. The Nautilus is one of the best standard vaping tanks around, it has a proven track record and is actually one of my favourite tanks - I have never known of this problem before. Please keep in touch - you have me really interested now - and the best of luck.
14-12-2015 05:24 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
darkangel07760 (12-20-2015), gentlydoingit* (12-14-2015)
Jayh24194 Offline
Banned

Likes Given: 22
maybe it was not the problem of battery,and u can try another box mod
15-12-2015 03:55 AM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,109
Since the nautilus is known to be a very good tank and all the coils you have tried have not worked I suspect whether the mod is faulty or the juice is just a bad juice. I've never heard this issue with the nautilus before. Curious as well to see how this goes. See if you can get your hands on someone's mod for an hour, change your juice and see if the problem still persists.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
15-12-2015 04:24 AM
ADIE37 Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 280
I am going to agree with ecignut on this one, I have a nautilus mini premium kit with the vv+ cf battery I run it at 3.8v on 1.8 ohm bvc's on a ohms calculation it works out around 8 watts the battery can be adjusted to max on the dial of 4.8v which if that is a true capable output or not im unsure but that will up the watts to about 12.8 I can't say I have ever had the problem you have had the one thing that got me thinking was when you said about it not leaking that much again I have never had my device leak as far as I am aware of this is unheard of so I am a little surprised to hear that the only thing I can suggest and you probably checked a hundred times is the o ring around the bottom of the coil and maybe where it seats in the deck it maybe that its not sealing correctly if I can think of any thing else I will pm you I hope you get things sorted keep us posted on progress
15-12-2015 04:33 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ADIE37's post:
ecignut (12-15-2015)
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 11,932
Only thing I can think of that nobody's yet said is that the juice has been thinned with alcohol. This would dramatically lower the boiling point of the juice.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
15-12-2015 08:54 AM