Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aromamizer by Steam Crave
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,295
Aromamizer by Steam Crave
Got my 6ml with Velocity style RDA yesterday.  2 builds so far.

My review is as follows:

BUY IT.

At least, if you prefer building your own coils and want the convenience of a tank but love the feel and flavor of a dripper. 

Other than that - the vertical coil build that Rip recommends is fine, but horizontal coils work MUCH better.  The vertical coils just don't wick fast enough for real power.

Currently running HORIZONTAL dual 3mm coils made of 3 strands of twisted 28 awg, 4.5 wraps, .20 ohms combined resistance, 80 watts at 4.0 volts on my Sig 100+, with two air holes full open.  It's bloody fantastic.  Honestly, it's not QUITE as good as a dripper for flavor.  But it's a really small difference.

Only criticisms - wish it were top fill, and the deck could be bigger.  The bottom fill is made more annoying by the design intended to make it less annoying, lol.  The airflow system could be better designed, although the results are fine.

Overall - LOVE IT.  If a v2 drops with a good top fill and a slightly bigger deck (there's no reason at all they couldn't squeeze another mm or two in diameter in there), I'll buy it, but if not - this might be my last tank.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2015 03:09 AM by Almost Jaded.)
01-12-2015 03:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
paulS Online
mech boy who sometimes toodles
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,027
RE: Aromamizer by Steam Crave
I use the aromamizer with a dual clapton set up but it is a bitch to build on that deck. I also find the airflow a bit iffy. I will NOT use that vape band ever. It is just butt ugly. On the plus side it does leak on me and the flavor is not bad. Of my RTAs it is not my favorite. My favorite is the bellus for flavor. I also have a haze clone which holds 2mm of juice that I like too - no dry hits and great flavor. I don't find it terrible to fill the aromamizer and i have the mini. I think because it is bottom fill there is no leaks. 

Overall, I find the tank in my weekly rotation but if I broke it I would not get another that fast. Of course, I have said this before. Taste and functionality and preferences are subjective.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
01-12-2015 05:46 AM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,295
RE: Aromamizer by Steam Crave
I don't mind the band, but mine came with black ones, lol.  I would go crazy with that ugly ass red one!!

As I stated initially - I'm with you on teh build deck.  So much possibility with this design, and they handicap it with a build space barely larger than my SubTank Mini's.  Grr.

I also think that putting all the airflow to the sides, instead of two on the "ends", would make a lot more sense.  Why not something like the new SubTank design..?  And the juice feeds don't need to be so large all around, with those tiny holes under the deck.  Seems they couls have made it top fill and made the build deck almost 3mm wider - and still had plenty of juice feed.

Small gripes though - this thing vapes like a dream.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
01-12-2015 05:56 AM