Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aromamizer Supreme - water tight?
Eggza Offline

Likes Given: 1,117
RE: Aromamizer Supreme - water tight?
(22-07-2016 05:50 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  No issues with my Supreme yet, sorry you got the lucky one. Could be as simple as a bad o-ring and nothing more. I assume you're lubricating the o-rings when you assemble the tank? They'll bind and shred if bone dry.

Thanks, Tin. Yeah, I took it apart and replaced all the o-rings today. Lubed up, there's still a slow drip while the juice control is closed. I'm having trouble pinpointing exactly where the leak is, so I'll probably have to shelve this one. The o-ring that the glass tube rests in does seem to sink too far in on one side, but I can't say for certain that's the issue. It vapes, as long as the juice control is turned down very low, but I keep expecting it to pour scalding-hot juice all over.

My RBA luck so far:
  • Augvape Merlin from Subtank Supply: air leak in pressure fitted bottom that can't be removed for maintenance. The replacement arrived and it leaks (air) even worse. The top-cap gasket doesn't seat properly and moves around every time the top is opened.
  • Aromamizer Supreme from VapeNW: leaky gaskets cause slow flooding and eventually gurgling and gushers with thinner juices or any setting above the minimum.
  • Smok TF-RDTA from VapeNW: ill fitment between deck and tank bottom causes shorting at the 510.

It's ridiculous that these things don't just work out of the box! I can see why so many people prefer a simple dripper. Maybe you guys ordering direct from China are getting better products and I'm getting defective junk that local customers have returned or something, but I'm extremely frustrated by these three very popular tanks. Each would be wonderful if it worked properly, but they simply do not.
22-07-2016 07:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Offline
Squonkin' with Sasquatch
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 22,785
I've had only one atty that was a disaster out of the box; a Velocity clone with horrible quality. Maybe I've been lucky, maybe you've been cursed. Wonder if wrapping some gauze or a napkin around it would help identify the source.
22-07-2016 07:57 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes TinWhisker's post:
Eggza (07-22-2016)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,612
(22-07-2016 07:57 PM)TinWhisker Wrote:  I've had only one atty that was a disaster out of the box; a Velocity clone with horrible quality. Maybe I've been lucky, maybe you've been cursed. Wonder if wrapping some gauze or a napkin around it would help identify the source.
Next thing on the market - Diapers for tanks.[Image: tongue.gif]
04-07-2019 11:46 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Don (07-04-2019), TinWhisker (07-04-2019)