Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any one else disapointed with the smok tfv4
formernuke Offline

Likes Given: 0
Any one else disapointed with the smok tfv4
I just got this tank right before I joined here.  I almost got one when I got my crown but went for the crown.  I wanted to start building for my crown and my local shop told me that the tfv4 had better rebuild coil so I picked one up.  tried the quad coil first bad flavor, single rebuild, bad flavor, switched to a new quad, bad flavor just tried the triple capton rebuild, bad flavor.

I'm trying to like this tank but my crown is better flavor and doesn't go through juice anywhere near as quick.

I soaked it in soap and water, rinsed dried and then soaked it in alcohol cleaned well and still the bad flavor.

Any one else have these issues with this tank?
12-02-2016 03:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,108
RE: Any one else disapointed with the smok tfv4
I hate that tank. I traded mine away. Too airy, needs the quad coil which you have to vape high. I mean 100+ watts. You probably were vaping too low. The flavor on the TFV4 is less than the Crown, the Cleito or the Vengeance. Now there are a lot of TFV4 lovers out there. God bless them. It just is not my taste either. Go get yourself another Crown. Don't get the new RAfale. The older Crown is actually better and cheaper. Crown will spoil you for taste. I can now only use the three I mentioned above and the Herk plus.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
12-02-2016 01:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Any one else disapointed with the smok tfv4
I like the TFV4 a lot, but Paul is right, it needs high wattage to shine. I run mine around 75W and it blows giant clouds with good flavor. I only use the quads, the triple coil and rebuildable deck are both awful. I haven't tried the Claptons or any of their other crazy coils like the octa-coil, but I've heard they're not as good as the quad. 
Of course, it's all relative. I love mine, Paul hates his, everyone's taste is different. If the Crown works better for you, then sell the TFV4 and just use the Crown. 
12-02-2016 03:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply