Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anti Vape brigade
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,618
RE: Anti Vape brigade
I'm currently in the Billesley pub.. been hit already with a "can you blow that somwhere else" WTF,  I'm outside! Small discussion ensued, weird how there was no reasoning with the guy. With all the evidence I could throw out there and the fact that I can't control the breeze I'm still in the wrong Wacko

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
09-10-2016 02:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 5 users Like gentlydoingit*'s post:
bibliora (10-10-2016), Chum (10-09-2016), ecignut (10-09-2016), Fatboy (10-09-2016), Michael (10-09-2016)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 20,382
Hi gently - You will have to do something about it. Making brilliant coils yet not able to control the breeze is just not good enough[Image: tongue.gif]
09-10-2016 03:06 PM
[-] The following 7 users Like ecignut's post:
bibliora (10-10-2016), Chum (10-09-2016), Don (10-09-2016), Fatboy (10-09-2016), gentlydoingit* (10-09-2016), Michael (10-09-2016), paulS (10-09-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 21,072
I suppose it must be either than I hang around places where alcohol isn't a factor or my physical stature may have something to do with it but I have never received any lip service from idiots telling me to go elsewhere to vape.... Sad
09-10-2016 03:24 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Fatboy's post:
bibliora (10-10-2016), Chum (10-09-2016), Michael (10-09-2016)
Chum Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 918
Just found out my boss's boss(a smoker) is anti vape! He said he does not want me to blow clouds while I am driving the company van because people following me "will think your van is on fire"! I remember he was trying to quit with ecigs a few years back and failed. I think some of this anti vape shit might be jealousy because they cant quit.
I was constantly being "cautioned" while I WAS a smoker, to keep the company van and my clothes "cigarette smell" free. There WERE a few customers and co workers who complained, so I was forced to carry around fabreeze and squirt myself down before entering a customers office. Had to vacuum ashes and squirt down the van 3 times a week as well! Now, I am Vaping non tobacco flavors and the jerk "finds fault" with that???
Not to "blow my own horn here" but I am the only one in my company who is "full line trained" on the Ricoh copiers/printers that they sell and I am paid a meager $20 an hour(which I have to support our family of three on, because my Wife cannot work outside the home because OUR Daughter is "Special Needs").
So, I have decided I am going to Vape all I want in their stupid van AND if they say anything to me about it I am going to politely tell them to Stick It Up Their Ass!

Here is an example of the type of equipment I work on...I do not work for Ricoh Corp. My company is a Dealer of their product.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2016 02:49 AM by Chum.)
12-10-2016 02:49 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Chum's post:
Fatboy (10-12-2016), Michael (10-12-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 21,072
Hey Chum, impressive on the technology and no doubt the skill required to maintain and repair such advanced equipment but that said, for what it's worth, most states and provinces have no smoking policies in fleet/corporate vehicles as it is considered part of your workplace....vaping sadly falls under that category at this time - and can be grounds for cause.

I'm not an attorney but am management - if any of my employees was vaping in one of our vehicles I may have to address it (if someone complained) - I would simply suggest they tone down on the cloud chasing.........

Do as you see fit of course - I recently had to address one of our admin (a manager) who was vaping in her office - I suggested she stop - current policy has the two things wrapped as being the same thing - I don't agree but under strict policies and safety committee protocols have to address it...it's not worth stressing over.... hang in there....and good luck!
13-10-2016 12:13 AM
Chum Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 918
(13-10-2016 12:13 AM)Fatboy Wrote:  Hey Chum, impressive on the technology and no doubt the skill required to maintain and repair such advanced equipment but that said, for what it's worth, most states and provinces have no smoking policies in fleet/corporate vehicles as it is considered part of your workplace....vaping sadly falls under that category at this time - and can be grounds for cause.

I'm not an attorney but am management - if any of my employees was vaping in one of our vehicles I may have to address it (if someone complained) - I would simply suggest they tone down on the cloud chasing.........

Do as you see fit of course - I recently had to address one of our admin (a manager) who was vaping in her office - I suggested she stop - current policy has the two things wrapped as being the same thing - I don't agree but under strict policies and safety committee protocols have to address it...it's not worth stressing over.... hang in there....and good luck!

My company has no anti smoking or vaping policy in the company vehicles AND they let employees vape inside our shop area and warehouse as long as it is not to an extreme..its just one guy that never sees what is good in an employee but seeks out negatives. His boss took him down a notch once for telling someone they were fat. and I am not blowing clouds(he thinks just seeing the vapor being exhaled is too much)...just sub ohm vaping and not to the extreme. I cannot see someone following me down the highway and complaining about an average vape coming out the window. I am not filling up the van like he thinks! He is just "blowing smoke" pun intended.
I appreciate the advice and concern very much though!
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2016 02:37 AM by Chum.)
13-10-2016 01:42 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Chum's post:
Fatboy (10-13-2016), Michael (10-13-2016)