Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another New Member
He8ratz Offline

Likes Given: 0
Another New Member
Okay. I'm 72 yrs old and have been smoking 1 1/2 packs a day. Several months ago I started investigating vaping. Must have been 3 months ago I gave my neighbor the last few packs I had and went to the local vape shop. They fixed me up with a SMOK AL85 and some 3 mg juice. Haven't had a cigarette since. I like it. So now I decided I'd like to get another mod, one with greater juice capacity and dual batteries. I've been vaping at 55 watts and I thought that the dual batteries would give longer battery life if I keep the device below 100 watts. I ordered a SMOK Mag 225 from Direct Vapor. Really fast shipping and there was a Father's Day discount. I got everything set up and fired away. Seemed pretty good at first. However, once I turned the unit off, it didn't want to restart. 5 clicks, 5 clicks, 5 clicks and nothing. After plugging away for several minutes it would start. I emailed Direct Vapor. They gave me a return authorization. Mailed it off to them last Friday and yesterday I received a new Mag 225. That was fast. Used the unit a bit yesterday. In the evening I turned it off. This AM it wouldn't start. I called Direct Vapor. Since this was the second unit that was defective, I asked if I could get another brand of mod. Fool me once type of deal. I was told that was not allowed. I would have to return the replacement item and they would send another. Seemed weird to me as they already have my money. Additionally I didn't get an email confirming our conversation nor did I get one crediting my account for the shipping charges from when I paid to return the first item. So, I may just be screwed on this deal. Man the fast shipping on the original mod and the replacement was impressive BUT the mod appears to be poorly designed. I should have done more research. So, now I am looking for a reputable internet company here in the U.S. Any suggestions?
30-06-2018 07:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,391
RE: Another New Member
Hi He8ratz. Welcome to TVF I'm sure someone from your side of the pond will be along with a few vendor recommendations soon.

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
30-06-2018 10:38 PM
Raymcconn Offline

Likes Given: 356
Hello Here is a deal from a place I have ordered a few items from. Never hade a issue; https://www.vapordna.com/SMOK-Mag-225W-T...smagpr.htm Not sure what you are wanting to spend. It will depend on the color I think for final price. Sorry I couldn't be more help, I generally order from a lot places depending on who has it on sale and I just google it. So far no bad luck.
30-06-2018 10:50 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Raymcconn's post:
Don (07-01-2018), Fatboy (07-01-2018)
He8ratz Offline

Likes Given: 0
(30-06-2018 10:50 PM)Raymcconn Wrote:  Hello Here is a deal from a place I have ordered a few items from. Never hade a issue;  https://www.vapordna.com/SMOK-Mag-225W-TC-and-TFV12-Prince-Full-Kit-p/smagpr.htm Not sure what you are wanting to spend. It will depend on the color I think for final price.  Sorry I couldn't be more help, I generally order from a lot  places depending on who has it on sale and I just google it. So far no bad luck.
Yeah, I was checking the vendor's site and will probably order a unit from them. Since I have gotten 2 defective Mag 225s from Direct Vapor I'm now thinking about a Geekvape  Aegis Legend from VaporDNA. Since it's a policy of Direct Vapor that I can't request a change in items, I'll just have to cope with getting another Mag 225 from them. I was really impressed with the fast shipping, including the quick replacement of the initial defective unit, and ease of contact with Direct Vapor but I'm just going to return the second defective unit and deal with another 225 that they are determined to send me. It's my fault for not doing any research on the 225. I am not boycotting DV and I'm not urging others to do so but I'm irritated that I can't substitute for another unit. I mean, seriously, I received 2 defective units. Why on earth would I want to push the envelope by wanting another 225. All I want is a dual battery unit with a higher juice capacity than the SMOK AL 85 that I have. (It works very well though.)Anyway thanks for responding. 

As a side note, there's a great deal of good info on this forum. Almost too much for a beginner. I could spend a great deal of time just rooting around. Yikes! Information overload!
01-07-2018 06:39 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes He8ratz's post:
Raymcconn (07-01-2018)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 21,072
Welcome to TVF He8ratz!

This week will be full of 4th of July deals....just be mindful of when sales end and if shipping is included.... don't forget to check out some of our supporting vendors - although most ships from China, we've seen orders arrive within 2 weeks.....and at a far better price than stateside for the most part....
01-07-2018 08:58 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Fatboy's post:
Don (07-01-2018), ecignut (07-01-2018), Raymcconn (07-01-2018)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 20,227
Hi FB - delivery times to the UK have improved greatly over the last 6 months - we are down to 10 days at times.
01-07-2018 09:12 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like ecignut's post:
Don (07-01-2018), Fatboy (07-01-2018)
Don Online
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,207
Just not all that often...

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
01-07-2018 09:31 PM
Merlin7 Offline

Likes Given: 116
Nice one and welcome to the forum, it’s a great place to be
01-07-2018 09:54 PM
mike.williams Offline
Squonk Club Member
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,723
Welcome to TVF!

Keep Calm and Vape On!
02-07-2018 12:01 PM
Pleasant_Bad Offline

Likes Given: 1
Hi! nice to meet you!
not sure about the US, 'cause i live in the UK. but sure some of the previous messages already helped you Smile
06-07-2018 02:08 PM