Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Amount of nicotine I am ingesting
Keiththevape Offline

Likes Given: 0
Amount of nicotine I am ingesting
If I am using 5 ml of 1.8% eliquid per day, what is the equivalent to smoking an ultralight cigarette? (Marlboro Silver)
27-03-2016 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
KingJohn Offline
On finer pastures

Likes Given: 29
RE: Amount of nicotine I am ingesting
Its very hard to calculate levels like that, efficiency of the atomizer, the number of puffs you have etc. Even if you new each cigarette contained 1.2mg of nicotine, you wouldn't know how much of that gets into your system.

One things for sure, it is far safer to vape than use a cigarette. What most people do is use a 12-18mg nicotine liquid, then get out of the habit of using a cigarette first, not worrying to much on the nicotine levels. That will be just a few weeks !

Then you can give 12mg liquid a go for a week, see how you feel, no withdrawal symptoms ? then try a weaker one down to 10mg nicotine.. and so on, best to get down to a low level as soon as possible BUT without any withdrawal symptoms, you don't want to have more nicotine while vaping.

If you took up vaping to stop cigarette smoking, and later will want to stop vaping too, then the slow reduction of Nicotine is the best route, eventually you can try 6mg then 3mg and then 0 nicotine, all the time watching for problems

If while using 10mg (Example) you suddenly feel like a cigarette, switch back to 12mg see if that stops the urge, better to go a little higher again that use a cigarette again

Found;

Quote:Marlboro Silver has 4mg of tar and 0.4mg of nicotine

We are all individuals and will need different levels, I personally use 12mg, but have a 24mg ready for emergencies Smile
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2016 08:41 PM by KingJohn.)
27-03-2016 08:26 PM
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,938
That is, you are consuming 90mg of nicotine a day. In a much less bioavailable form than burning leaves. And in a vastly less harmful way.

If prodded hard and forced to guess, I'd say the equivalent of 20-30 a day. But it depends a lot on how you used the burnt things, how you inhaled them.....

But usage varies so much it is very, very hard to say. I know of a guy who vapes unflavoured 54mg juice. And gets through a lot of it a day.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
27-03-2016 09:36 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
KingJohn (03-27-2016)
Keiththevape Offline

Likes Given: 0
Thanks guys. That is very helpful
28-03-2016 12:19 PM