Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice what am i doing wrong?
DraculA Offline

Likes Given: 0
what am i doing wrong?
Hello everyone, so i'm still considering myself new to vaping as i've been trying it on and off for months but with no sucess.

I bought a bit ago from a shop over here pretty much a kanger evod for like $20 to give it a shot and bought a ejuice that i thought sounded awesome (white rhino remix tigers blood). I tried it and it didn't taste like anything but i waited a bit and kept trying it and trying it after a while it still didn't taste like anything seeing the steep suggestion i let my bottle sit for at least a month tried it still nope another month of steeping still nope so i figured maybe since it was 70 vg 30 pg it was too thick for just a simple vaporizer so then i went and bought a 50/50 of peach(white rhino as i was told it was good) and still nope.

I decided to re-wick the coil and it got even worst so i decided to just give up but i was at a store yesterday(they are going out of business) so i bought a new dual coil vape pen(reusable) and got it for dirt cheap so i put my peach in it and still no flavor i diluted my tigers blood with a bit of water(not the whole thing just a tiny bit of the juice) shook it let it sit for a bit tried that and still no flavor yet when i tried a pineapple disposable pen i can get a tiny bit of flavor from that thing considering it's disposable(but by the same brand of my new vape pen) i didn't think it was supposed to be super good.

I'm starting to wonder is it either A) the e liquid brand is just not flavorful enough B) the vaporizers i'm using are just not capable of making a flavorful vape or C) the e liquids are not right for vaporizers i'm using?? If it's A/C is there anyway i can make sure a e liquid should be intense before getting it? i'm looking for a fruity(a fruit punch or tropical would be 100%) intense vape.

I plan on getting a better vaporizer in the near future but i wanted to ease my way in and see if it's something i'm willing to drop money on after this nightmare i'm not too sure i want to go and drop $70 and hope the circumstances change.
14-11-2015 06:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Chuck-Drl Offline
Resident Wiseguy
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 3,540
RE: what am i doing wrong?
the problem may be D) your coil is to hot and the flavors are being burnt off. what resistance is your coil ?
tasty puff has some bold flavors 50/50 mix for apx $5 per 10ml you should get som flavor . their rootbeer flavor is dead on , when coil is to hot it will taste like a burnt marshmallow.
you could try a small serving of sherbert to clense the pallet b4 vaping as well

"The further back you look , the further ahead you can see " Winston Churchill
14-11-2015 06:39 PM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 18,252
One thing I've noticed too... I believe most Tiger's Blood mixes are strawberry and coconut. The ones I've tried are really weak. I have one that has been steeping for 3 months now since I got it, and it is still really weak. Further diluting it with water is kind of a death blow for a weak flavor profile too.

Peach, however, is usually a real bright flavor so you should be getting a decent punch from that IMHO.

Also, it could well be the gear too. From what I've personally seen, you get what you pay for. You should get decent flavor with a good atty like an Aspire Nautilus, or for sub-ohm capabilities if interested, the Aspire Triton. Those are good starter setups and are pretty much bullet proof as far as newbie care and feeding. Pair it with a decent mod and you should have a better experience.

Find a shop that isn't going out of business, and talk to them. Try stuff out. Sample juices. See how cool this stuff actually is before you give up. I mean, that store is going out of business for a reason...
14-11-2015 06:58 PM
DraculA Offline

tbh i'm not 100% sure but my kanger type one is around 2.4ohm and my newer one is about 1.3ohm. 

Yea mine is strawberry and coconut. Yea i thought the peach would be good but it still doesn't taste like anything.
I can sample juices? How? No it wasn't a vape store going out of business lmao just a store with a bunch of vape stuff in it.

If i could buy like 1ml bottles and just get a couple of those over here i would but i don't want to keep buying $6 bottles and finding out it's still not good lmao. Plus none of the bottles show the flavor % or anything like that. The actual vape place i went to first is the one who told me the tigers blood was good to buy but watching a video today it's a e liquid meant for drippers not w.e my type of setup is called.
14-11-2015 07:21 PM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Just about any vape shop will let you sample gear and juices. Go to a real one, you will be astounded at the difference, and chances are you'll go home with a decent setup and a much better opinion of vaping. Where are you, anyway?
14-11-2015 07:32 PM
DraculA Offline

Ahh ok that's cool, i live in new york. i just looked it up and there's one actually like 2 mins away from me lmao.
14-11-2015 07:38 PM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Then you need to go, for sure.

I was like you are. I didn't know vape shops existed. I bought my first setup from a smoke shop and I assumed that's where you were supposed to go.

Let us know how it goes! I'm looking forward to what you think.
14-11-2015 07:48 PM
DraculA Offline

So i went to the old shop i went to and talked to the guy that's really good with vaping info. He said that the 70vg-30pg mix i tryed pretty much ruined the heads and started making it only dry hit and the peach 50-50 just wasn't too great. I bought a replacement head and bought some new cosmic fog church but i'm still not getting any flavor really. Idk if i'm doing it wrong but it's supposed to be vanilla hot fudge and banana and all i'm getting is burning in my nose and throat lmao. Btw i don't usually fully inhale these things(i cough like a monster if i do) idk if maybe that's why i'm not getting taste?
(This post was last modified: 15-11-2015 08:48 PM by DraculA.)
15-11-2015 08:47 PM
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Try an actual vape shop since there are ones close. Try stuff there...
15-11-2015 09:48 PM
DraculA Offline

i don't plan on buying a new one for at least a month, i planned on just using the ones i have for a bit but considering no matter what i don't taste anything it's pointless lmao. i went to go to the vape place but they were not open, even tho they said they were >.<
(This post was last modified: 15-11-2015 10:39 PM by DraculA.)
15-11-2015 10:38 PM