Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice newbie question and need help and new into vaping
typerek9 Offline

Likes Given: 2
newbie question and need help and new into vaping
hey this is robert i was wondering on how all the ohm, resistence of the coil and wool or whatever you call it work. and how all the component for mechanical mod work. i saw the stingray clone and was planning to make a mod using stingray clone. thanks in advance!!
05-10-2014 01:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes typerek9's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-11-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: newbie question and need help and new into vaping
"Ohm" is an electrical measurement. It's just a way of measuring how much resistance your coils have. Lower resistance means more power, which makes the juice vaporize more quickly for a stronger vape. Don't use wool for wick. Most people use organic cotton or rayon wicking, though some prefer silicon wick. It's a matter of preference, I personally prefer rayon. You build the coils yourself in a rebuildable atomizer by wrapping the wire into little spring things, and more wraps means more resistance. Then you stuff the wick into the coil (or around the coil in some cases) and the juice goes up the wick to get vaporized. 

Honestly, I'd suggest doing a lot of research before committing to making your own mod. Mechanical mods can be very dangerous if you don't understand how they work and how to properly use them. And by dangerous I mean they can literally explode and send shrapnel flying everywhere like a grenade in your face. That probably won't happen, but it's a risk I wouldn't take without knowing exactly how to prevent it. So read up and watch videos on YouTube to make sure it's right for you. Other people on the forum here can go way more in depth than I have here. 

What kind of mod were you planning on making and how? Just curious. 
05-10-2014 06:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-11-2016)
typerek9 Offline

(05-10-2014 06:50 AM)Michael Wrote:  "Ohm" is an electrical measurement. It's just a way of measuring how much resistance your coils have. Lower resistance means more power, which makes the juice vaporize more quickly for a stronger vape. Don't use wool for wick. Most people use organic cotton or rayon wicking, though some prefer silicon wick. It's a matter of preference, I personally prefer rayon. You build the coils yourself in a rebuildable atomizer by wrapping the wire into little spring things, and more wraps means more resistance. Then you stuff the wick into the coil (or around the coil in some cases) and the juice goes up the wick to get vaporized. 

Honestly, I'd suggest doing a lot of research before committing to making your own mod. Mechanical mods can be very dangerous if you don't understand how they work and how to properly use them. And by dangerous I mean they can literally explode and send shrapnel flying everywhere like a grenade in your face. That probably won't happen, but it's a risk I wouldn't take without knowing exactly how to prevent it. So read up and watch videos on YouTube to make sure it's right for you. Other people on the forum here can go way more in depth than I have here. 

What kind of mod were you planning on making and how? Just curios
thanks and im just planning to make a mod thats good and will last me so i wont have to keep buying new tanks.
05-10-2014 04:40 PM
vapejuiceuk (06-11-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Do you mean you want to build your own mod, or get a mechanical mod and use a rebuildable atty? There's a big difference. When you said "make a mod" it sounds like you want to chop the tubing and wire things together and stuff. I'd suggest just buying a mod like the Stingray and using it as-is with a rebuildable atomizer. Maybe I'm nit-picking over semantics, if so I'm sorry. 
05-10-2014 08:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
vapejuiceuk (06-11-2016)
typerek9 Offline

(05-10-2014 08:46 PM)Michael Wrote:  Do you mean you want to build your own mod, or get a mechanical mod and use a rebuildable atty? There's a big difference. When you said "make a mod" it sounds like you want to chop the tubing and wire things together and stuff. I'd suggest just buying a mod like the Stingray and using it as-is with a rebuildable atomizer. Maybe I'm nit-picking over semantics, if so I'm sorry. 
yea i meant mechanical mod but just dont know how all the resistance and ohm thing work thats all and can you suggest me a video to how resistance and ohm work? thanks in advance
05-10-2014 09:18 PM
vapejuiceuk (06-11-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Probably your best bet would be to go to a vape shop and ask them about it. I don't have any video links at the moment but I could find some, but it's better to talk to a knowledgeable person who can answer any questions a video might not address. 
05-10-2014 11:50 PM
vapejuiceuk (06-11-2016)