Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice Time to move up and maybe out of MTL
SnowXTC Offline

Likes Given: 9
Time to move up and maybe out of MTL
I started vaping one month ago tomorrow.  Finished my pack of cigerettes over 5 days and only looked back once, god it tasted awful.  I started with a Krager stick tank and iStick 40W TC.  It hooked me, but after 9 days it was not enough and I got a nautilus mini.  I seem to go through a lot of coils, sometimes every few days.  Last one lasted me a week and it started leaking and not giving me much vape.  I have found myself craving DTL and using my mini in more of a DTL fashion.  Found some great juice at Vapour Revolution in Prince George, BC when I was visiting Canada.  Yummy Gold Star Blue Slushie.  But it seems to have to be at 10+W to get flavor.

I am considering going to a sub-ohm.  I don't want the big cloud, but I want more of a hit than the mini can give me.  I tried the cloud beast and really enjoyed it, but I am not sure I want to go that big.  I am considering either the Target Vaporesso Pro or getting the Baby Beast and either an iStick 80W or 100W.  Considering this will be my third purchase in a month, I am also considering just going big.  I do like not being too big size wise, but I want more than the mini is giving me.  I really like the idea of top fill.  I will still use my mini in the car with my husband (total non-smoker) because the cloud is not too big or can I turn the sub-ohm down? So what do you all recommend?

I am still using 18 mg so I understand I need to drop that down if I go to a sub-ohm.  What is recommended?

Thanx
Pam

FYI - I have smoked on and off for a lot of years and have tried e-cigs many times, finally found the right ones to make me throw cigarettes out the window.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 04:51 AM by SnowXTC.)
08-10-2016 04:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes SnowXTC's post:
Fatboy (10-08-2016)
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
RE: Time to move up and maybe out of MTL
Is there a budget? Are you interested in using Temp Control? This will dictate any suggestions. Do you make your own coils? This will dictate the type of tank. As well, since the Nautilus mini is only 2ml, do you want larger capacity?

For tanks, many folks on the forum like the Cleito 120, and the Crown 2 with their new coils. The old coils gave the Crown 2 a bad rep. For flavor, be sure to get a coil .5 ohms or higher. The lower resistance coils are good for making clouds.

If you have girl hands, form factor is a big consideration. I just upgraded to the IPV 6x and love it. Great shape, fits in the hand, really small for a 200W mod. There is a voluntary recall because it doesn't have reverse battery protection. If the batteries are put in backwards, it will auto fire at 200W, which could damage your mod.

There are just so many options out there for tanks and mods, the more information you give about what you are looking for, you will get better answers.

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
08-10-2016 04:31 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like bibliora's post:
Chum (10-08-2016), Fatboy (10-08-2016), Michael (10-08-2016), SnowXTC (10-17-2016)
SnowXTC Offline

Aren't we all on a budget?  I could do Temp Control.  I don't make my own coils and even though an RTA interests me, I am not interested in making my own coils.  Larger capacity tank would be nice as I fill my 2 ml 2 to 3 times a day and I am sure I will be going through more fluid, but I don't want to go too big with tank and mod.  My mini and iStick 40W fit in my pants and coat pocket nicely.

I have not really looked at those tanks yet, just the baby beast and the vaporesso.  Will stay above .5 ohms.

I don't have small girl hands but still have girl hands.  I don't really want to go bigger than 100W.

Main objective is to enjoy vaping, feel satisfied, and not return to smoking.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 04:54 AM by SnowXTC.)
08-10-2016 04:50 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like SnowXTC's post:
Chum (10-10-2016), Fatboy (10-08-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
The best top-fill tanks that I know of that use pre-made coils are the TFV4, TFV8 and Triton. The TFV4 and TFV8 are cloud machines, though from my experience the TFV4 has really good flavor too (I haven't used the TFV8 but I hear it's good). The Triton uses Aspire Atlantis coils, which are really good. It's basically an Atlantis tank with top fill, actually. You can also use the coils for the Sense Herakles in the Triton, which personally I found to be even better than Atlantis coils. 

I don't recommend temp control, it's still in its infancy and hasn't been perfected yet so for now it's more trouble than it's worth imho. The iPV5 or iPV6 would be a great option for a mod. Yes, it can go up to 200W, but that doesn't mean you have to use it at full power. It's a great mod for the price, whether you want to vape at 15W or 150W or anywhere in between. 
08-10-2016 05:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like Michael's post:
Chum (10-09-2016), Fatboy (10-08-2016), SnowXTC (10-17-2016)
Fatboy Offline
FreeCycle Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,096
Welcome Pam. There are many options and choices out there, we usually ask about budget as it's a consideration for many....

The most important thing is that you are determined to not go back to smoking.....and we are here to help in anyway we can...as for recommendation for gear, the options are growing and expanding all of the time - my suggestion is that if you have the ability to visit a local shop is to go in and hold and feel the different mods in your hands.....I wouldn't focus too much on the wattage limits, my wife vapes at 30W on 200W mods all of the time.....

Best of luck on making your choice and keep us posted. Again congrats on making the decision to live cigs free.
08-10-2016 10:43 AM
[-] The following 4 users Like Fatboy's post:
bibliora (10-17-2016), Chum (10-09-2016), Michael (10-08-2016), SnowXTC (10-17-2016)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,938
Hi and welcome Pam!

I share my office with a Pam Smile

Anything that keeps you from lit tobacco is good.

Best to find a good vape shop (Most head shops sell vaping kit but are usually utterly useless) if there is one near you and get your hands on kit that looks like it might work for you.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
08-10-2016 07:40 PM
[-] The following 4 users Like Don's post:
Chum (10-09-2016), Fatboy (10-08-2016), paulS (10-09-2016), SnowXTC (10-17-2016)
paulS Online
I'm incorrigible
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,051
There are a plethora of choices out there. So many decent tanks that don't get mentioned here. The Tobeco Super Mini is a wonderful tank as an example and uses Atlantis coils which are great. Also has one of the best RBA decks. Arctic tanks also rock. I'm not knocking the Cleito (which I gave to Fatboy), the Crown (which I gave two to my son) or the baby beast (which drinks juice like a mofo). To each their own. My criteria in a tank is that it should not leak. I don't give a damn if it is top or bottom feed. I just don't want juice anywhere but in the tank. Still love my Goblin mini. Love my serpent mini. Still respect the age old Kanger.

As for mods one of the smallest new mods is the Asmodus 180w. Smaller than the alien or the IPV6. So many decent mods out today that you need to go look and see what you like. Even a Pico is nice. All vapers go through stages. I get it. You want more power. I have some very powerful mods trust me. But today I vaped all day at 35 watts as was very happy. I just now picked up my Satan and am vaping at close to 140 watts on a Goon. Is one vape better than the other? Ed will MTL all day. Don never seems to go above 30-40 watts.

We get asked around here constantly what the best kit is. There is no best kit. There is just the kit you might enjoy. A lot of posters respond with ' I heard that ... ' I have a lot experience with a lot of different mods. I'm kind of blessed knowing B+M owners as close friends and getting to try a lot of gear. And I cannot answer what is best. The more gear you try the more difficult the choices.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
09-10-2016 01:14 AM
[-] The following 7 users Like paulS's post:
BOB (10-09-2016), Chum (10-09-2016), Don (10-11-2016), ecignut (10-11-2016), Fatboy (10-09-2016), Michael (10-09-2016), SnowXTC (10-17-2016)
SnowXTC Offline

I am really leaning towards the Smok Baby Beast and the iPower 80W.  My dilemma is that I currently fill my Mini Nautilus 2 to 4 times a day and I am lucky if I get a coil to last a week.  I tried vaping at 9W but there was no taste, 10.3W works well.  I also am in my car more in the evening and cannot always see my fluid.  I looked at the Big Baby Beast, but it uses completely different coils and does not seem to be as widely available.  I noticed the Baby Beast has an RBA coil available as well, just add cotton.  This I could do.  Unfortunately, sites seem to be sold out.

As for local shops, we have two.  And I have been to both and checked things out.  I have bought most everything from Montana Jo, but this setup from him will run me $90+ and I can get it online for under $50.

Paul, before I order I will check out those other mods and tanks.  It is not that I want more power, I want more of a hit.  I want not to fill my tank all the time and one that is easy and not messy to fill.  I want to taste the juice.  If I wanted more power I would buy a Hellcat and put a bigger turbo on my snowmobile.
17-10-2016 09:51 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes SnowXTC's post:
Fatboy (10-17-2016)
bibliora Offline
Where did I go??

Likes Given: 3,001
Everything I've heard about TFV8 Baby Beast is that it drinks juice. The Baby only holds 3ml. You will most likely use higher wattage with this tank, and the juice is going to just disappear. You might want to look at the TVF8 Cloud Beast, it holds 6ml. Yes it is a larger tank, the latest and greatest at the moment. Also, take a look at the cost of replacement coils, they are pricey. Vaping at higher wattages will not only drain your battery and juice but the coils will need to be replaced more often.

Don't get me wrong, I only hear good things about these tanks. I know as I upgraded, I refill my 5ml tank several times a day. I bring this up as my first grown up tank was a nautilus mini instead of the regular nautilus. It only held 2ml and was bottom fill, so refilling it a couple times a day was frustrating as heck.

[Image: banner.png?p=15_4_2016_1.2_7__1__1_0_757575_c50707]

Bibliora aka Torrey Girl_wink
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2016 11:50 PM by bibliora.)
17-10-2016 11:38 PM
[-] The following 5 users Like bibliora's post:
Chum (10-18-2016), Fatboy (10-17-2016), kero (10-18-2016), Michael (10-18-2016), SnowXTC (10-18-2016)
kero Offline

Likes Given: 34
^^ Interested as I find filling my GS tank a few times a day to be a royal pain in the ass since it's bottom fill. I am also looking to go up to 4 or 5ml so I can fill less even if the new tank I get is top fill.

Amazing how quickly I realized this as I only got my mod and tank just recently.

My tank is so bad that I have to re-adjust the air flow each and every time I refill ugh.
18-10-2016 03:39 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes kero's post:
SnowXTC (10-18-2016)