Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice This a good first mech mod?
MrKiltYou Offline

Likes Given: 0
This a good first mech mod?
So I have been vaping for about a year and a half now which enabled me to kick a pack a day habit.  I went from lookalike e-cigs, to ego styles, and now on an APV.  I am looking to make the jump to a mech mod.  Right now I am looking at getting a HCIGAR copper Nemesis clone as the mech mod and I am thinking I might do the pre-order for Vaping Tech's clone of the Tobh v2 Atty.  Any thoughts on this configuration as a first (of most likely many) configuration?  Also I would get the real Tobh v2 Atty if they made a copper top cap for it.  Any other thoughts on an all copper RDA?

--MrKiltYou
16-04-2014 10:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrKiltYou's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
RE: This a good first mech mod?
Howdy and welcome aboard. I have a copper nemesis on the way. I also have a 3D on the way for it. It's not copper but I'm planning on taking a torch to it to give it some color. 

http://focalecig.com/Product/1-2mL-3D-RD...lver-18187

It's kind of a hybrid. It's a dripper with a tank. The liquid is in the bottom and you push it down so the liquid flows up to the coil. Pretty cool. 

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
16-04-2014 11:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes 18sixfifty's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,594
That Tobh atty looks like an absolutely fantastic design on the deck, I love it. It looks pretty darn sweet on the outside too, I'm going to have to find a review of it now Smile

I don't think you can go far wrong with either of those choices to be honest, it's win/win all the way in my book.

Welcome to TVF too btw, hopefully you'll enjoy it here Good3
17-04-2014 12:44 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
MrKiltYou Offline

Likes Given: 0
Thanks for the welcome 18sixfifty and Spasmod
17-04-2014 01:13 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrKiltYou's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
Don Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,227
Hi and welcome!

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
17-04-2014 07:08 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Don's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
Gomtu Offline

Likes Given: 2
(16-04-2014 10:51 PM)MrKiltYou Wrote:  So I have been vaping for about a year and a half now which enabled me to kick a pack a day habit.  I went from lookalike e-cigs, to ego styles, and now on an APV.  I am looking to make the jump to a mech mod.  Right now I am looking at getting a HCIGAR copper Nemesis clone as the mech mod and I am thinking I might do the pre-order for Vaping Tech's clone of the Tobh v2 Atty.  Any thoughts on this configuration as a first (of most likely many) configuration?  Also I would get the real Tobh v2 Atty if they made a copper top cap for it.  Any other thoughts on an all copper RDA?

--MrKiltYou
I just bought that mech, it's my fourth mech, and I have to say that the button on mine is pretty sticky and notchy. I opted to get the magnets for it from the supplier, they being Vape Royalty, and found them to be far too weak. I could set the mech down on it's button with no atty on it or battery in it and the button would be completely depressed. Not good.

They also did nothing at all for the stickiness of the button, so I can't see any benefit in getting them. I ordered another set of magnets from Fat Daddy, and still they were too weak, so I put the original springs between them and then the mech would stand up on it's button without firing and I didn't have to fuss with the locking ring every single vape... but... the button is still really sticky and rough.

I don't know the solution. Lubricants don't work. I've had this problem with every bottom button mech I've had.
16-05-2014 10:36 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gomtu's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)