Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice Pricing: Cigs vs Vaping
Wickedw3s Offline

Likes Given: 0
Pricing: Cigs vs Vaping
This is just a very generalized estimate that I presented my Father to show the financial gains when switching to vaping.  Personally his health has been my main concern, since he is mid 60's and been smoking since he was 13.  It has obviously taken a toll on his body.  However, showing him how much money he would save was what really made a difference for him.  He is now at the beginning stage of trying it. 

Here is what I showed him.  I will go over where I got my estimates because this is going to be different for everyone.
[Image: 9zyo46.jpg]

He smokes between 2-3 packs a day, so the $9 is actually more than that.  The Base Pay is mainly the first down payment needed to get vaping devices and tanks.  The coils, for us, are $13 for a 5 pack and that lasts us(2 people) a month so this isn't included.  The Itaste was $40 and our nautilus is $30.  We purchased our hana's(30) for $56 each online and have had no issues at all with them.  It has actually been a blessing ever since the change.  This of course will vary due to it being a gamble.  I've heard of people having very bad experiences with their clones.

The bi-weekly, monthly, and yearly cost for the vaping is all juice.  The reason there is such a huge difference in the Itaste(VV) and the Hana Box mod is because our Itaste was burning up juice very fast.  We would buy 4 15ml bottles when I was paid, which was $53, and still end up needing 1 or 2 more before my next paycheck.  The tanks would need to be filled between 2 and 3 times a day.  Once the hana was purchased, the juice stopped disappearing.  I probably use about 3ml of juice within 2 days now.  This means bottles being purchased has drastically reduced.

I realize this is going to be completely different for other people.  I'm sure the Itaste VV doesn't burn up juice for others as well since the combination of voltage, wattage, tanks, etc is what dictates this change.  My gf and I both have our own ITaste and our own Hana, so this is based on two different devices, not one.  We also started on the Aero Tank, then the Protank 2 because the coils lasted longer, and finally to the Nautilus which has been great all around.  Our plan is to go to the rebuildables so our hana's can run at 20w+ without getting burnt tastes.  But that is a different subject matter.

Hope this helps others to see advantages in changing.

Wicked Wes

P.S.  Our ITastes VV were being run at around 4.4V and 9.0W with 1.8ohm coils.  Our Hana's are changed between 9W and 15W, depending on mood and desires.  This puts the Voltage between 4.2-5.3.
19-08-2014 04:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Wickedw3s's post:
Spasmod (08-21-2014), vapejuiceuk (06-07-2016)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
RE: Pricing: Cigs vs Vaping
Interesting break down.

There are a few savings that can be made, once rebuildables are purchased (along with kanthal and cotton wool) the cost of running them is minimal. Coils made from .32mm or bigger kanthal will last for at least six months, just needing cotton changes.

Juice, you can soon get the hang of mixing your own, then intersperse your home brew with gourmet treats, do day to day vaping gets cheaper and treat vaping gets more enjoyable.

Welcome to the forum, good to have you here.
19-08-2014 08:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like gords1001's post:
Spasmod (08-21-2014), vapejuiceuk (06-07-2016)
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
RE: Pricing: Cigs vs Vaping
Howdy and welcome aboard. I used to run one of those calculators that you can put at the bottom of your page. They tell you how many cigs you didn't smoke and how much you saved to date. I wish I had kept the thing running.

Although it wouldn't be accurate because it now costs a ton less to vape than it did when I started. Once rebuildables hit it dropped the cost phenomenally. 

I have a whole bunch of different mods, some that I have made and many that I have bought but for every day use I use an omega mod that cost something like $15 and a dripper rebuildable that cost less than $5. I make my own juice so that is cheap as well.

Many people who are just starting now have no idea how lucky they are. Just about everything that is taken for granted now was a step by step process to get where we are now. Tube mods popped up and were made from flashlights and just about anything and everything. The CHUCK was the ticket for a while. Love the CHUCK. I was building and selling some of the very first variable voltage box mods and another friend of mine was one of the first people to start rebuilding atomizers. He was ripping apart the Cisco ones.  Then the Phoenix ones came out plus people were building tanks that got copied so then the vivi nova's came out in response to that. It was all just so fast but really one step after another. Most of these innovations came from guys like you and me and other forum members who shared their work. Once we had idea's China would pick them up and pump them out by the thousands. Next week someone else would improve on that. So forth and so on. Now you can get a Mod and a topper like me for $20 that rocks. You can rebuild it for pennies and have 20 times more vapor than was even dreamed of less than 10 years ago.

Kudos to all the modders and yes even China for helping bring an affordable product to all of us that works so well that it's BETTER THAN SMOKING and more fun too. I can't wait to see just what the future holds in store for vaping. The FDA be damned, they will not stop us modders from making it better yet. I also don't see how they will be able to stop China from getting them to us on the cheap. I just hope like hell they don't shut down the local guys or the guys and gals making juice and high end mods.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
20-08-2014 08:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like 18sixfifty's post:
BOB (08-20-2014), Spasmod (08-21-2014), vapejuiceuk (06-07-2016)