Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice Ordering Soon
Cloud City Offline

Likes Given: 1
Ordering Soon
Returning to Vaping after two years. A lot has changed in those two years...WOW!
My New Member introduction http://http://www.thevapingforum.com/Thr...n-to-Vapor

I have done some Googling and Youtube reviews but I would like to get your thoughts on these...

Is Fasttech a good / quick place to buy from? I'm in USA.
I'm curious about Sub Ohm's and is Sub Ohming even safe after reading your thread about the guy from Ebay doing Sub Ohms?
My understanding about Sub Ohm rating is anything under 1.0 Ohms?

This is the Mod Joyetech Cuboid 150 
Questions
1. Can this Mod do sub Ohm's and standard Ohm's and how safe is it to do sub Ohm's, really?
2. Other than 18650 batteries (by Samsung) Samsung Batteries, are there any special batteries that should be used in it? The Pegasus Vapor Academy
    batteries seem like such a gimmick since they use A bin batteries and re label them...the very same batteries that have the Samsung branding on them?     

This is the RTA Sense Heracles RTA
Questions 
1. Will this do Standard and Sub Ohm?

Where do you recommend getting E-Juice that's 100% Made in USA, !00% Lab grade PG / VG / Nicotine?
23-04-2016 07:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
TinWhisker Offline
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,855
RE: Ordering Soon
Fasttech has an ironic name, because they have turtle-slow shipping. And you have to be wary of clones (unless you are intentionally clone shopping). It may not be of any consequence to you personally, but I like to buy from local shops when possible. That's just me and my local economic sense I guess, plus you can usually test it to see if you like it. That said, I have bought a lot online because it's not available locally. I would also be leery of buying cells from them as there are so many fakes out there.

I have no personal experience with your setup but have read that it's fine. Someone will surely be here soon who has first lung experience with that gear.

Oh, and sob-ohm is perfectly safe on regulated mods. They will protect you from you.
23-04-2016 07:34 PM
phlash Offline

Likes Given: 264
(23-04-2016 07:27 PM)Cloud City Wrote:  Returning to Vaping after two years. A lot has changed in those two years...WOW!
My New Member introduction http://http://www.thevapingforum.com/Thr...n-to-Vapor

I have done some Googling and Youtube reviews but I would like to get your thoughts on these...

I'm curious about Sub Ohm's and is Sub Ohming even safe after reading your thread about the guy from Ebay doing Sub Ohms?

Questions
1. Can this Mod do sub Ohm's and standard Ohm's and how safe is it to do sub Ohm's, really?
2. Other than 18650 batteries (by Samsung) Samsung Batteries, are there any special batteries that should be used in it? The Pegasus Vapor Academy
    batteries seem like such a gimmick since they use A bin batteries and re label them...the very same batteries that have the Samsung branding on them?     

Questions 

Where do you recommend getting E-Juice that's 100% Made in USA, !00% Lab grade PG / VG / Nicotine?
  I have used slowtech-I mean fasttech, several times, and have never had a problem with the quality of their stuff, but the last order I made took 33 days to arrive. They are by no means fast, but it is free shipping. They do have a huge selection of stuff, though. I Have switched to using  american sites, the prices are competitive, and usually guaranteed authentic.

When I build coils for sub-ohming, I don't like to get under .15. Anything less than that is a strain on batteries,and most regulated mods will not go below that in wattage mode
anyway.

The cuboid 150 is an excellent choice for beginners, it has a built-in safety that will not let you overpower your build, meaning it will not let you vape at over 4.25 volts, which many other mods do not have. My wife and son use the cuboid, they love it.

I am not familiar with pegasus batteries, except that they are pretty overpriced. Samsung, Sony, LG or AWT batteries will serve just as well.

I don,t have any sense herakles tanks, but I do know that they are all made especially for sub-ohming.

And that guy on youtube, if it's the one I'm thinking of, pay him no mind. He's nuts.

about e-juice, most brands are ok, just make sure there is no diacetyl in them.

Hope this helps.
23-04-2016 09:02 PM
Cloud City Offline

(23-04-2016 09:02 PM)phlash Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 07:27 PM)Cloud City Wrote:  Returning to Vaping after two years. A lot has changed in those two years...WOW!

Questions

Questions 

I have used slowtech-I mean fasttech, several times, and have never had a problem with the quality of their stuff, but the last order I made took 33 days to arrive. They are by no means fast, but it is free shipping. They do have a huge selection of stuff, though. I Have switched to using  american sites, the prices are competitive, and usually guaranteed authentic.

When I build coils for sub-ohming, I don't like to get under .15. Anything less than that is a strain on batteries,and most regulated mods will not go below that in wattage mode
anyway.

The cuboid 150 is an excellent choice for beginners, it has a built-in safety that will not let you overpower your build, meaning it will not let you vape at over 4.25 volts, which many other mods do not have. My wife and son use the cuboid, they love it.

I am not familiar with pegasus batteries, except that they are pretty overpriced. Samsung, Sony, LG or AWT batteries will serve just as well.

I don,t have any sense herakles tanks, but I do know that they are all made especially for sub-ohming.

And that guy on youtube, if it's the one I'm thinking of, pay him no mind. He's nuts.

Hope this helps.
Diacetyl?
23-04-2016 09:13 PM
phlash Offline

Questions

Questions 

anyway.

Hope this helps.
  Just checked my wife's cuboid and I need to change my statement about voltage. It will go above 4.25 volts at a higher resistance, following ohm's law. My bad.
23-04-2016 09:19 PM
phlash Offline

(23-04-2016 09:13 PM)Cloud City Wrote:  

Questions

Questions 

anyway.

Hope this helps.
Diacetyl?
  Yeah, that's the stuff that can potentially give you a lung disease called "popcorn lung", but so far nobody I know of has got it from vaping. Supposedly, eight people working in a popcorn factory were breathing massive amounts of diacetyl for years, and came down with the disease. There are trace amounts of it in certain flavorings used in e-liquid, but most companies are aware of it and are trying to eliminate it.
23-04-2016 09:29 PM
paulS Offline
I'm incorrigible
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,051
The limit on the Cuboid is in amps. It will not draw more than 25 amps which is great for safety, IMHO. You need not worry at all. Lots of decent batteries for reguklated mods - any LG, Sony, Aspire Sigelei etc., will work. They just have to be authentic high discharge since you have an amp limit.

The Cuboid pretty much demands sub-ohming. You are buying an RTA though. Do you know the difference between RTAs and standard sub-ohm tanks with RBAs? An RTA tank means you have to build your own coils (well the new Theorem you can buy coils to put in). A standard sub-ohm tank with an RBA gives you the choice of either building on your RBA deck or buying pre-made coils. If you have not built coils this might be best until you get good at it. Some RDTAs have pre made coils but not many of them and those that do are often non too good. Bear that in mind.

Cuboid is a solid little device - I enjoy mine. Personally would get the Aspire Cleito or even the Cubis with the new mask coils as a start until you familiarize yourself to sub-ohming.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2016 09:32 PM by paulS.)
23-04-2016 09:30 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like paulS's post:
BOB (04-24-2016), phlash (04-23-2016)
Cloud City Offline

yea, I just did some googling on Fasttech reviews, they are in China and have horrific delivery times. I dont think I will be using them at all. I wouldnt have used them for e-juice any way because their selections / brands just looked too henky. so I will be looking into other options for USA that are price comparative.
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2016 10:32 PM by Cloud City.)
23-04-2016 09:41 PM
Cloud City Offline

(23-04-2016 09:30 PM)paulS Wrote:  The limit on the Cuboid is in amps. It will not draw more than 25 amps which is great for safety, IMHO. You need not worry at all. Lots of decent batteries for reguklated mods - any LG, Sony, Aspire Sigelei etc., will work. They just have to be authentic high discharge since you have an amp limit.

The Cuboid pretty much demands sub-ohming. You are buying an RTA though. Do you know the difference between RTAs and standard sub-ohm tanks with RBAs? An RTA tank means you have to build your own coils (well the new Theorem you can buy coils to put in). A standard sub-ohm tank with an RBA gives you the choice of either building on your RBA deck or buying pre-made coils. If you have not built coils this might be best until you get good at it. Some RDTAs have pre made coils but not many of them and those that do are often non too good. Bear that in mind.

Cuboid is a solid little device - I enjoy mine. Personally would get the Aspire Cleito or even the Cubis with the new mask coils as a start until you familiarize yourself to sub-ohming.
Isn't the term RBA all inclusive term for any tank or deck that you can build your own coils?
RTA is Rebuildable Tank Atomizer, make your own coils?
RDA is Rebuildable Deck Atomizer, make your own coils?

In this youtube vid Herakles RTA By Sense 25mm - 6ML - Mike Vapes he has dual coils at 4.7 EDIT (.47) Ohms which is below 1.0 Ohms which in my mind that makes it a sub ohm build. I dont know if there is a difference between a sub Ohm tank and a sub Ohm build, but it doesnt feel like there should be?

Also I've seen for sale pre-built coils  with different Ohm ratings for RTA and RDA or RBA (if you want to use one term to describe all) can get about 10 for 10$ US? I only say this because I dont want to spend a fortune up front to get vaping again but I will get into making my own coils and get back to making my own e-juices in a few months.
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2016 02:36 AM by Cloud City.)
23-04-2016 10:12 PM
phlash Offline

(23-04-2016 09:30 PM)paulS Wrote:  The limit on the Cuboid is in amps. It will not draw more than 25 amps which is great for safety, IMHO. You need not worry at all. Lots of decent batteries for reguklated mods - any LG, Sony, Aspire Sigelei etc., will work. They just have to be authentic high discharge since you have an amp limit.

Crap. I knew that-what was I thinking? I need a nap.Lazy
23-04-2016 11:44 PM