Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Advice New to Vaping
lsreyes46 Offline

Likes Given: 1
New to Vaping
Ive been looking into purchasing a vape, but i dont have much knowledge on them. Do you guys have any advice on what kind i should get, mods, Etc.
Thanks in Advance!
27-03-2014 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes lsreyes46's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Don Offline
Pod and Squonk Club founder :)
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,157
RE: New to Vaping
Hi and welcome lsreyes46

This doesn't have to be expensive but it can be if you want it to. I'd strongly recommend not spending too much till you have some idea of what you like or whether vaping works for you. 

I'd recommend starting with something like a Vamo and an Anyvape Davide tank. There's not too much money in that and it'll still be useful down the road. 

You'll also need some rechargeable cells (batteries) and a charger. Do not skimp on the cells and charger. I like Sony, Panasonic and Samsung cells and am happy with my Xtar chargers which are also good value. Do not buy cells from ebay unless you are very sure of them or know about lithium cells. There's a lot of overpriced and potentially dangerous rubbish on there.

If you want cheap, it'll be coming from China and won't be fast. If you want fast, it'll be coming from the US and probably will cost more. Basically it is cheap, fast delivery, good. You can pick any two.

At least the market in the US means spending a little more and getting stuff quickly, here you spend a lot more to get stuff quickly. Stuff from Chins can take ten days (When you are lucky - this is rare here) to 3 months to arrive. 

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com
27-03-2014 09:16 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Don's post:
Spasmod (03-28-2014), vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
lsreyes46 Offline

Likes Given: 1
(27-03-2014 09:16 PM)Don Wrote:  Hi and welcome lsreyes46

This doesn't have to be expensive but it can be if you want it to. I'd strongly recommend not spending too much till you have some idea of what you like or whether vaping works for you. 

I'd recommend starting with something like a Vamo and an Anyvape Davide tank. There's not too much money in that and it'll still be useful down the road. 

You'll also need some rechargeable cells (batteries) and a charger. Do not skimp on the cells and charger. I like Sony, Panasonic and Samsung cells and am happy with my Xtar chargers which are also good value. Do not buy cells from ebay unless you are very sure of them or know about lithium cells. There's a lot of overpriced and potentially dangerous rubbish on there.

If you want cheap, it'll be coming from China and won't be fast. If you want fast, it'll be coming from the US and probably will cost more. Basically it is cheap, fast delivery, good. You can pick any two.

At least the market in the US means spending a little more and getting stuff quickly, here you spend a lot more to get stuff quickly. Stuff from Chins can take ten days (When you are lucky - this is rare here) to 3 months to arrive. 
Thanks for the advice man! Do you guys know any reliable places to order from? and what do you think of the kamry k101 or how does the Vamo compare?
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2014 09:53 PM by lsreyes46.)
27-03-2014 09:40 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes lsreyes46's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 9,002
Hi buddy welcome to TVF!

Some good advice from Don there. If you're starting out you're probably best going for the Vamo since it's easier to work with when trying out different Atomizers etc, not only that but you won't need to worry about ohms and watts etc to get the best out of your setup.

If you're buying from China then Fasttech would be my personal choice as they have a strong reputation of being trustworthy and have about the best selection of products.

If you're buying from the States then perhaps one of the US guys will point you in the right direction Good
27-03-2014 10:13 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-25-2016)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
Despite my dislike of innokin products, you actually wouldn't go far wrong with an innokin itaste vv v3, mvp or vtr, I personally really dislike the 12.5watt/1.5ohm limit, but they are good reliable devices and the innokin clearomiser's are not the worst either.

From there you can start deciding where you want to go, it may be that 12.5 watts is enough, but you would like an rba or dripper and these devices will still run them.

If you have plenty of cash to burn, an xtar or efest charger, a couple of decent cells and something like a vamo svd or zmax is the next place to look.

For dealers, our own madecov would be well worth dropping a pm, he's recently set up a b + m and his site must be close to online if its not already done, grimgreen on youtube is also well worth watching, he recently reviewed some great US starter kits.

Try to remember that what you get now isn't the be all and end all. Things change, I vape between 25 and 50 watts now, if I'd have got this sort of set up to start on id likely be dead. You sort of figure out what suits you, and always remember, its not a competition, the only important thing is are you happy? And if not, whats not doing it for you? If your a gear head, mechs will be right up your street, but you need to learn a lot before you start messing with them, none of its particularly hard but there is a lot too take in. YouTube is a helpful tool, grim green, riptrippers, todds reviews are all worth watching, you'll find who you get on with and who's views fall in line with yours as you get on with your vaoung journey.
27-03-2014 10:49 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like gords1001's post:
18sixfifty Offline
too big for his britches

Likes Given: 331
Howdy and welcome aboard. 

Some great advice up top. 

If you are looking for fast you could go with Discount Vapers. They ship the same day depending on when you place the order and for the US they have good enough prices on most things. They don't always have the best selection but he tends to keep pretty good stuff including a lot of "generic" pieces to keep prices down. He also does very honest reviews of his products. 

For instance he does a good review of the Kamry K200 and has it discounted because he didn't like it all that well. That's just how he rolls. It's a good mod for the price as long as you don't want to vape below 3.7 volts. Personally I never do so it wouldn't bother me a bit. Nice looking mod and good price for the states. $35 

http://www.discountvapers.com/k200-vv-mod-body-silver/

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?
28-03-2014 01:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like 18sixfifty's post: