Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice Need to talk to fellow Vapers
Sharine Offline

Likes Given: 3
Need to talk to fellow Vapers
Okay so I am new here and currently using a Evo Twist large battery (3.3v-4.8v) with a Aspire BDC Clearomizer and I really like how easy it is to change the atomizer but I feel like I need a bigger hit. I wouldn't mind just changing to a larger battery if I can keep the easy top. I love the way the mods look and hit but I am not dedicated enough to sit with wires and string just so I can have a smoke...Confused
Is there any way I can get a bigger mod like hit from a easy to change top?? 

Sorry if I am not speaking the lingo correctly I am still a noobie to all of this I have only been vaping for a little over a month now. I somehow switched within a day from smokes to vape. Boyfriend came home with an 2 ego twist set of 2 and I kept at from that day forward!

I don't know any other vapers so I would love any advise you guys are willing to give! 
25-06-2014 01:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sharine's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
IN caver Offline

Likes Given: 4
RE: Need to talk to fellow Vapers
If you're happy with the battery and atomizer you currently have you can try changing the pg, vg ratio in your liquid.  More pg tends to give a stronger throat hit but produces less vapor. More vg is the opposite.  
I find 30% pg and 70% vg hits that sweet spot for me.
25-06-2014 02:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like IN caver's post:
Sharine (06-25-2014), Spasmod (06-25-2014), vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
Whiskey Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,906
(25-06-2014 01:34 AM)Sharine Wrote:  Okay so I am new here and currently using a Evo Twist large battery (3.3v-4.8v) with a Aspire BDC Clearomizer and I really like how easy it is to change the atomizer but I feel like I need a bigger hit. I wouldn't mind just changing to a larger battery if I can keep the easy top. I love the way the mods look and hit but I am not dedicated enough to sit with wires and string just so I can have a smoke...Confused
Is there any way I can get a bigger mod like hit from a easy to change top?? 

Sorry if I am not speaking the lingo correctly I am still a noobie to all of this I have only been vaping for a little over a month now. I somehow switched within a day from smokes to vape. Boyfriend came home with an 2 ego twist set of 2 and I kept at from that day forward!

I don't know any other vapers so I would love any advise you guys are willing to give! 

The Aspire BDC Clearomizer Will fit on just about any battery holder out there, so you can try different models that hold bigger batteries from telescopic mech's to the plain 2 piece side buttons, your choices are vast, and its up to you to look at the different models to choose one that you'd like best. Hope that helpedSmile

Don't mind me, I tell it like it is Good
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2014 10:39 AM by Whiskey.)
25-06-2014 10:38 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Whiskey's post:
Sharine (06-25-2014), vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 7,573
Hi Sharine and welcome to TVF!

Hmm I was right where you are now a little while after I started. Since your twist is still fairly new it's probably giving enough to make the Aspire BDC perform as well as it should and that's actually one of the best mini tanks out there for good vapour production, flavour and throat hit. It seems like you're possibly ready to move on to a Generation 3 device.

Mod wise you're probably better to consider a variable voltage/wattage device. Most ladies usually start with an MVP or something along those lines. The mod alone though isn't going to help much with your predicament of needing a bigger hit. I'll try to think of something with easily replaceable heads that gives a bigger hit than a clearo tank... off the top of my head I can't think of one. I'll get back to you Big Grin

In the meantime, have fun Good
25-06-2014 11:32 AM
[-] The following 2 users Like Spasmod's post:
UnrealThor (12-11-2017), vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Welcome to the TVF family, Sharine! I'm happy you found us. Smile

Hmm...you want a bigger hit from your clearos but don't want to make the step to rebuildable tankers or drippers, huh? Well, there are a couple of options you could go with. First I'd recommend a dual coil clearo if you haven't already tried them. I believe that the iClear16 and iClear30 are the best vaping clearos you can get. No flooding, great taste, no leaking, and more vapor than a standard clearo. Short of that you will have to make the graduation to a rebuildable. Fortunately there are solutions that will make it easy to get started and they will cost very little to at least try and see if you like it. Eventually you might want to build your own coils but until then you can always get premade coils. They make it a breeze to change coils and wicking them with cotton wool is as easy as it gets.

You could run these 1.5 ohm coils in a single coil setup or these 2.4ohm coils in a dual coil setup. You will get loads more vapor production from a dripper than you will from a clearo.

A little dripper like this Smoktech will set you back less than $7, fit on your eGo/Vamo battery, and be a breeze to rebuild. You won't even need any tools except a nail clipper to trim the extra wire from the mounted coil.

This dripper tank looks extremely interesting. It has great reviews and looks like a very good combination of a clearo style dripper. I will need to get one in the future.
25-06-2014 12:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 3 users Like JohnnyMac's post:
Sharine (06-25-2014), Spasmod (06-25-2014), vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
Sharine Offline

Likes Given: 3
Thanks for all your replies Girl_in_love I have been trying to get real responses from vapers since when you go on the web to buy them they all claim to be the best. I appreciate you guys taking the time out of your day to get back to me on this. Drinks
I will be looking into some of the suggestions you guys have made. I think I am just getting to intimidated from watching the youtube videos when they try to make their own coils I could see myself tangled in wires just trying to get a hit. Dash2
25-06-2014 05:14 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sharine's post:
vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
(25-06-2014 05:14 PM)Sharine Wrote:  Thanks for all your replies Girl_in_love I have been trying to get real responses from vapers since when you go on the web to buy them they all claim to be the best. I appreciate you guys taking the time out of your day to get back to me on this. Drinks
I will be looking into some of the suggestions you guys have made. I think I am just getting to intimidated from watching the youtube videos when they try to make their own coils I could see myself tangled in wires just trying to get a hit. Dash2
Well good luck with whatever you decide to go with. Let us know what you end up doing. As for making coils, it's really easy and frankly, I really enjoy it. It gives vaping a more personal and almost ritual feeling that I find therapeutic after a long day at work. Plus, once coiled, you don't have to change the coils as often as you'd think. They can last for weeks. Just pull out the old wicking, rinse out the atomizer and shake dry, then dry burn the coils to cook off any residue from the vaping you'd already done on it. It will be good as new. Add fresh wick and vape away again. Smile
25-06-2014 07:29 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like JohnnyMac's post:
Spasmod (06-25-2014), vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
Hi sharine and welcome to the forum. If you want to move up a touch you do have options whilst keeping ypur ego twist. My partner likes to use a tiny little dripper with her itaste vv, no reason for it not to work with ego twist. I rebuild it with premade res no res wires, simply because my general use wire is far too thick for such high resistance.

There are lots of worthwhile videos on youtube, look bacj at older vids by riptrippers, grim green and todds reviews, there is also vaping with twisted 420, all worth watching. I can also write up a build guide.

For now though.

Clearomisers really dont like to go much above 12 watts, which is around about where your twist will get too, they simply have neither the juice supply to the coils or the airflow to do it. You may get somewhere with an aspire nautilus but it will hit a ceiling where all you get is burnt taste on standard coils.

One suggestion I do have is to hunt down your local decent vape store, there will be one nearby I'm sure.

If they dont sell rebuildables, look for another, you will find one where either the owner or one of the regulars will be more than happy to help steer you on your way, by way of showing you how to wrap a coil and what wire to use to suit your current device. I would expect you to want either .2mm .25mm or .3mm kanthal to give a suitable resistance (sorry, I'm English, awg makes as much sense to me as football, bigger numbers for smaller wires and visa versa is frankly, stupid Smile )

To wrap a coil, you simply require something to wrap it around, and a means of measuring it (510 resistance tester, vw mod with a display or multimeter) you will want to aim around the 1.5ohm mark and to start with, I really would recommend a cheap dripper, getting tanks to wick properly can then be approached once you can coil. With a dripper, all you need do is wet the wicks vape them dry then repeat.

You could also try the disposable 510 drippers, they are basically a coil head in a tube that you fit a 510 drip tip too. Start with your voltage on minimum and adjust to taste then vape away.

Be sure to ask any questions, we are all happy to help.

Graham
25-06-2014 08:49 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like gords1001's post:
Spasmod (06-25-2014), vapejuiceuk (06-04-2016)
ecignut Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 10,750
Forums change a lot over time - people wise, but one thing never changes with this forum. Take a look back over the posts here and see if you can spot what is the same as now.[Image: smile.gif] What a place this is - and these posts are over 3 years ago.
06-12-2017 04:28 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
Almost Jaded (12-06-2017)
TinWhisker Online
Hello World
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 10,871
(06-12-2017 04:28 PM)ecignut Wrote:  Take a look back over the posts here and see if you can spot what is the same as now.

I'm looking. This is what I have so far...

1.) The most helpful threads are the ones I didn't participate in.

2.) People like to hear themselves talk.

3.) Sharine still needs help.

Am I close?
06-12-2017 04:31 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like TinWhisker's post:
Almost Jaded (12-06-2017), Don (12-06-2017), ecignut (12-06-2017)