Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice My first eCig
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
RE: My first eCig
The truth of the matter is, you can't go wrong with either one.  If the i30 is in stock and the Kanger isn't, get the iStick.  In the long run, the Kanger might be the slightly better option with more power and switchable batteries - but you also have to purchase said batteries and a charger.  The i30 is a GREAT device, and with the SubTank Mini, going over 30 watts requires modification anyway (I honestly don't know why the janger kit goes to 50 unless they have changed the RTA design).

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
09-06-2015 06:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Almost Jaded's post:
Michael (06-10-2015)
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,354
Jaded, I found out yesterday that Kanger has released a new version of the SubTank coils with a vertical coil instead of the horizontal one, it looks great and I've been told they vape even better than the original coils. That doesn't really help the RTA part though, but still worth noting.
10-06-2015 06:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Sibuns Offline

Likes Given: 0
One more question about the tank. In my shop the subtank mini is out of stock. They only have subtank nano. Is there a huge difference beside how much liquid it holds. I think 3 ml is enough to get me through the day. The other thing i found out is that nano doesnt have RBA, it only has OCC. Whats the main difference between them ? you can change coils on both of them... SO whats the difference ?
10-06-2015 07:15 AM
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,354
RBA means rebuildable atomizer. Which basically means you make your own coils out of wire and cotton. OCC means "Organic Cotton Coil" which is just what Kanger calls their coils for the SubTank. So if you want to make your own coils, you'll want the Mini so you have the RBA deck to build on, but if you just want to buy pre-made coils and screw them in, you'd be fine with the Nano. Other than that, the tank size is the only real difference between the two, I have both the Nano and the Mini and they both work great. 
10-06-2015 07:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Sibuns Offline

Ok. TY. So with the subtank mini i can just order some coils and cotton from fasttech and build it in the existing occ right ? What are good coils from fastech?

I can use these: https://www.fasttech.com/products/3007/10009412/2010102-authentic-kangertech-subtank-occ-coil-heads-5-pack

But if i want to order just wires already made in coils, which should i take? they are so many on with 6 loops, 10loops, different messurments.... How do i know which are right ?

Oh yea. Can you please point out one good liquid or brand from this site:

https://www.svapoweb.it/en/liquid-for-ci...electronic
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015 08:19 AM by Sibuns.)
10-06-2015 08:08 AM
Almost Jaded Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 1,303
many users here will point you toward online juice suppliers - I won't.  I only buy local.

The other difference is the physical size, the Mini sits flush om 22-23 mm mods, the nano is thinner.  For the tiny difference in price, get the Mini.

Remind one liberal per day, that laws affect only the law-abiding.
10-06-2015 09:20 AM
Don Online
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 12,226
I like this stuff, but it is quite expensive. I buy an occasional bottle as a treat.

This range is generally well-regarded though I'm not keen on their custard flavour.

Those are the only brands there that I have any knowledge of.

Another place to look would be http://www.solubarome.fr - which is where I get nearly all my flavourings from. You can ask it to use Italian which may make life easier.

TVF tested battery info to be found here

http://www.preventsuicideapp.com

[Image: 24291313393_16615b20b2_m.jpg]
10-06-2015 10:57 AM
Sibuns Offline

What coils do i need to buy from fasttech? I know i need to get 0.5 ohm or 1.2 ohm, but what about the thicknes and loops ? Can you post a link which premade coils i need to buy ?

TY
10-06-2015 04:44 PM
randm Offline

Likes Given: 19
IMHO the iStick 30w is a solid choice for beginners as it, along with the kanger subtank mini you mentioned was my first starting point. However, if your looking for an all in one this wouldn't be the obvious choice. Many above made good recommendations but in the end it's up to personal preference.
10-06-2015 11:42 PM