Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice Longest lasting atomizer ?
udaipur99 Offline

Likes Given: 0
Longest lasting atomizer ?
Hi all ! 

I'm currently using the itaste MVP, but I'm about to get myself the X.Gun. The difficult part is choosing the right tank for me. 
After reading countless reviews, I'm leaning towards the nautilus mini. However, upon reading reviews on the replacement coils I found out that out of the 5-pack there are usually 1-2 DOA. 
This is the same problem I currently have with my Kangertech replacements. They also only last 2-3 days. 
The MVP came with an innokin top coil tank, and it seems like I didn't have to replace them that often. Unfortunately it also meant that I was stuck with a plastic tank and non replaceable tip. 
I don't want the hassle of rebuilding my own. My preference is a 1.8 resistance. 

So here is my 2 part question: 

1) What tank atomizers last the longest ? 
2) What tank would give me the best taste & clouds with an X.Gun ?

Thank you all !
26-11-2014 08:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes udaipur99's post:
tuftony352 (08-19-2015)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Longest lasting atomizer ?
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Most replacement coils are supposed to last about 2 weeks, including the Kanger ones. I've heard good things about the Nautilus mini, though DOA coils is problematic to say the least. I had a Kanger ProTank 2 that I used exclusively for about 8 months, and I only had a few bad coils in that time that wouldn't work at all. The coils start to taste funny after a couple of days if you vape a lot, but you can fix that a couple of ways. First of all, your juice might be gunking up the coils, so you might want to switch to a thinner juice with a lower VG ratio. If that doesn't help or if you just don't want to change juices, you can try dry burning the coil with no juice in the atty. Just fire it for a few seconds and it should burn off most of the gunk. You can even rinse the coils with hot water and dry them off, then leave them to air dry overnight and they'll be better in the morning. 

Pretty much all clearomizer coils should last the same amount of time, unless there's some external factors that are changing. Did you use a different juice with the other atomizer? Were they a different resistance? Are you vaping more with the Kanger than you did with the innokin? All these factors can contribute to the life of the coils. 

There are a lot of good clearomizers available, and I'm sure other guys here on the forum know more about them than I do, since I use rebuildable atties these days. I'm sure someone will show up soon to give you a bit more info, and I hope I helped until then Smile
26-11-2014 10:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
JohnnyMac (12-02-2014)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,014
Welcome to TVF! some good advice from Michael there.

Perhaps consider an Aspire tank that uses BVC coils, since they can be dryburned quite vigorously and they don't have wicking running through the center,  so they're likely to be less prone to such a buildup of carbonized juice deposits on the coil.
27-11-2014 02:48 PM
Galaxyrider Offline
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 265
With you being that serious about it, I would suggest you thinking about advancing to a mod and full sized tank. This is about where I did, and Ive never looked back. Good luck.
If you think that's a good idea, there are a lot of choices out there, I would suggest  an 18650 mod, and an Orchid v4. IMHO

Onward.. through the Fog!
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=16216]
30-11-2014 02:31 PM
[-] The following 3 users Like Galaxyrider's post:
JohnnyMac (12-02-2014), Michael (11-30-2014), Spasmod (11-30-2014)
Michael Offline
Social Media Manager
Media Manager

Likes Given: 17,354
Galaxyrider makes a good point, there's only so far you can go with pre-made coils and batteries. The great thing about mods and rebuildable tanks is that you can completely customize your vaping experience, and they perform better than stock tanks. Something to think about anyway.
30-11-2014 07:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
udaipur99 Offline

(26-11-2014 10:09 PM)Michael Wrote:  Hello and welcome to the forum!

Most replacement coils are supposed to last about 2 weeks, including the Kanger ones. I've heard good things about the Nautilus mini, though DOA coils is problematic to say the least. I had a Kanger ProTank 2 that I used exclusively for about 8 months, and I only had a few bad coils in that time that wouldn't work at all. The coils start to taste funny after a couple of days if you vape a lot, but you can fix that a couple of ways. First of all, your juice might be gunking up the coils, so you might want to switch to a thinner juice with a lower VG ratio. If that doesn't help or if you just don't want to change juices, you can try dry burning the coil with no juice in the atty. Just fire it for a few seconds and it should burn off most of the gunk. You can even rinse the coils with hot water and dry them off, then leave them to air dry overnight and they'll be better in the morning. 

Pretty much all clearomizer coils should last the same amount of time, unless there's some external factors that are changing. Did you use a different juice with the other atomizer? Were they a different resistance? Are you vaping more with the Kanger than you did with the innokin? All these factors can contribute to the life of the coils. 

There are a lot of good clearomizers available, and I'm sure other guys here on the forum know more about them than I do, since I use rebuildable atties these days. I'm sure someone will show up soon to give you a bit more info, and I hope I helped until then Smile
Thanks so much for all the tips ! I love my juices & the PG/VG mix, but I'll definitely try the dry burn and rinse techniques. 

Galaxyrider/Michael, 

Thank you for your input. I just watched the video on how to build this tank (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LviM3SplRc ), and I don't think I'm quite ready to devote this much time to it. 

(27-11-2014 02:48 PM)Spasmod Wrote:  Welcome to TVF! some good advice from Michael there.

Perhaps consider an Aspire tank that uses BVC coils, since they can be dryburned quite vigorously and they don't have wicking running through the center,  so they're likely to be less prone to such a buildup of carbonized juice deposits on the coil.
Sounds good ! My decision is madeL Nautilus Mini w/ BVC coils it is. 
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 03:39 PM by udaipur99.)
02-12-2014 03:32 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like udaipur99's post:
JohnnyMac (12-02-2014), Spasmod (12-03-2014)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
If you want clouds but don't want to make your own coils you should consider the Aspire Atlantis sub-ohm tank. A friend of mine tried one and says it makes massive clouds with great flavor but with the convenience of a BCC clearo.

You will never see clouds using a regular clearo at 1.8 ohms. Once you try something better you will never look back. Wink
03-12-2014 03:55 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JohnnyMac's post:
Michael (12-03-2014)
udaipur99 Offline

(03-12-2014 03:55 PM)JohnnyMac Wrote:  If you want clouds but don't want to make your own coils you should consider the Aspire Atlantis sub-ohm tank.  A friend of mine tried one and says it makes massive clouds with great flavor but with the convenience of a BCC clearo.

You will never see clouds using a regular clearo at 1.8 ohms.  Once you try something better you will never look back. Wink
Thanks JohnnyMac ! The X.Gun unfortunately can't handle sub-ohm. If I can get anywhere near the cloud cover of my itaste MVP, then that's fine with me. 
03-12-2014 08:52 PM