* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice Kanger Vs Aspire
Chummers Offline

Likes Given: 0
Advice Kanger Vs Aspire
Hey there,

Newbie here and would greatly appreciate some advice.

I have an Aspire premium VV device and have found it very well built.

I now want a mod and am trying to decide between a Kanger Topbox Mini Kit or the Aspire Pegasus MOD with Triton 2 tank...

Any views on which is better?

Thanks.
29-01-2016 03:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
RE: Advice Kanger Vs Aspire
The Triton is definitely a better tank than the SubTank if you want to use more power and get bigger clouds. Aspire and Kanger are both good manufacturers and no matter which one you get, it will be a quality piece. The Kanger tank will work best at around 25W with the 0.5 ohm coils, which will give a nice cool vape with decent clouds and it'll save you battery life since it isn't using as much power. The Triton can use more like 60W, which will be a warmer vape with bigger clouds, but less battery life obviously at higher power. I've never owned either of those mods, so I can only really advise on the tanks, but like I said, both manufacturers are well known for making quality products and I'm sure you won't be disappointed with either. 
Worth noting: the Kanger comes with a rebuildable deck for the tank, so you can build your own coils if you want. It's not the best rebuildable tank in the world, but it's decent, and you can control how you vape or just save money on coils. 
Personally, my vote goes to the Aspire setup, simply because I prefer a stronger tank like the Triton. I'm sure some folks will recommend the Kanger instead. 

One important thing to remember is that whichever one you get, you'll want to go ahead and buy some extra coils for it, and make sure to get some batteries and a charger if you don't have one already. 
Just out of curiosity, which Aspire device are you currently using? 
29-01-2016 03:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Chummers Offline

Big Grin RE: Advice Kanger Vs Aspire
(29-01-2016 03:23 PM)Michael Wrote:  The Triton is definitely a better tank than the SubTank if you want to use more power and get bigger clouds. Aspire and Kanger are both good manufacturers and no matter which one you get, it will be a quality piece. The Kanger tank will work best at around 25W with the 0.5 ohm coils, which will give a nice cool vape with decent clouds and it'll save you battery life since it isn't using as much power. The Triton can use more like 60W, which will be a warmer vape with bigger clouds, but less battery life obviously at higher power. I've never owned either of those mods, so I can only really advise on the tanks, but like I said, both manufacturers are well known for making quality products and I'm sure you won't be disappointed with either. 
Worth noting: the Kanger comes with a rebuildable deck for the tank, so you can build your own coils if you want. It's not the best rebuildable tank in the world, but it's decent, and you can control how you vape or just save money on coils. 
Personally, my vote goes to the Aspire setup, simply because I prefer a stronger tank like the Triton. I'm sure some folks will recommend the Kanger instead. 

One important thing to remember is that whichever one you get, you'll want to go ahead and buy some extra coils for it, and make sure to get some batteries and a charger if you don't have one already. 
Just out of curiosity, which Aspire device are you currently using? 

Thanks Michael, that's really helpful and sounds like good advice, I've been really happy with my current Aspire device. It was called Premium kit and consists of a CF VV battery (pencil shape) and a mini Nautilus tank. I've had no complaint with either but more clouds and better flavour would be nice Yes
29-01-2016 03:34 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chummers's post:
Michael (01-29-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

That's a good setup to start with. The Nautilus Mini is my favorite tank for thinner juices (high PG/low VG) but you'll get much bigger clouds and flavor with either of your tank choices. When you use your Nautilus, do you puff on it like a cigarette, like just pull some vapor into your mouth, and then inhale, or do you inhale it directly into your lungs? The reason I ask, is different tanks will have more or less airflow, if you like to inhale directly into your lungs like breathing then the Triton is the way to go, but if you prefer "Mouth-to-Lung" like puffing on a cigarette, then the Triton will have too much airflow for you. I vape both ways depending on the day, but it can be hard for "mouth-to-lung" vapers to get used to lung inhaling. 
29-01-2016 04:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
ecignut (01-29-2016)
Chummers Offline

Yeah, I really like the Nautilus but I think my juice probably doesn't have a huge amount of flavour and I imagine one of the tanks I'm looking at will, as you say, give much better flavour. When using the Nautilus, I do both kinds of inhaling - like you. I also generally use a very high nicotine like 24mg but I guess with one of those new tanks, I'll probably drop that as you get much more in each puff.
I am really looking forward to more flavour and finding some really good juices - the problem I've had with juices is I'm not so keen on sweet and most are really sweet!
29-01-2016 04:53 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chummers's post:
Michael (01-29-2016)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 15,970
Hi - I use the Nautilus and the Triton - the Triton also has a 1.8 coil for MTL so you have a choice to sub ohm and standard vape - it is a nice tank. Another really good tank is the GS - and it is cheaper - for MTL it is great with the 1.5 ohm coil. There are a lot of good tanks out there now - the Atlantis is also worth a look - it takes the same coils as the Triton.
29-01-2016 05:04 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes ecignut's post:
Michael (01-29-2016)
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

(29-01-2016 05:04 PM)ecignut Wrote:  Hi - I use the Nautilus and the Triton - the Triton also has a 1.8 coil for MTL so you have a choice to sub ohm and standard vape - it is a nice tank. Another really good tank is the GS - and it is cheaper - for MTL it is great with the 1.5 ohm coil. There are a lot of good tanks out there now - the Atlantis is also worth a look - it takes the same coils as the Triton.

Thanks mate, I didn't realize the Triton had a higher resistance coil. I've only ever used the Herakles and Atlantis (which both take the same coils) but I always used them at 0.5 ohms, didn't even recall the other existed. 

Chummers, I've not tried the GS but I'd trust ecignut's recommendation, he's been around and knows what he's talking about Wink 

So now you've got 3 good options, lol stick around for a while and you'll have more choices than you know what to do with Tongue

I do recommend the Triton over the Atlantis. The Triton is almost exactly the same, except it fills from the top, meaning you don't have to take it off the mod to fill it. Top fill is very nice, I love my tanks that have it. 
29-01-2016 06:05 PM
paulS Offline
Authentic Old Git
FreeCycle

Likes Given: 2,081
Look - I have kanger minis and triton 2. The kanger mini now has a .2 ohm coil that easily handles 65 watts and tastes great. The triton's biggest advantage over the mini is top fill but kanger has a new top fill tank now too.

A lot depends on how you want to progress. With the triton the rba deck (if yiou want to build) is not to my liking. I prefer the kanger. For coils both tanks have coils that can MTL but the triton does not have a coil rated for 75 watts - the .2 kanger coil can vape higher.

I am one of those die hard kanger loyalists. I like aspire but kanger was my first love as they really exploded thwe sub ohm phenomenon we are in now. Newer tanks and outfits are now available that outs both the kanger and aspire tanks to shame. But I still use my old gear.

Now if you are a MTL guy you want the triton 2 mini. Or a cubis. I'm a direct lung lung inhaler all the way. Not that I do not have all respect for the MTL guys. It's just not my style. My wife MTLs so I am very familiar with the new gear and devices. She uses a triton mini on a mini volt.

[Image: Eqyojf3.jpg?1]
29-01-2016 09:03 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes paulS's post:
Michael (01-29-2016)
Chummers Offline

Shocked RE: Advice Kanger Vs Aspire
Thank you all, that's really helpful, much appreciated! Enjoy the weekend! 
30-01-2016 12:16 PM
Chummers Offline

Can anyone comment whether the pegasus mod is OTT? Is the Pegasus Mini a better choice? How ofter do you need the extra power??

Thanks!
30-01-2016 12:54 PM