Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice Input need for next purchase
apt323 Offline

Likes Given: 105
Input need for next purchase
Hi everyone first post here.....

Going to be placing an order at Fasttech tomorrow and was wanting a different style atomizer/head (sorry only been vaping 2 weeks) but don't know what I should get.  I currently have a evod and have already ordered the MT3 for more capacity.  Would like to hear some opinions on what everyone likes.  I pretty much carry the setup in my pocket at work so it might need to be durable enough, and small enough to not be annoying to carry.  I have from FT bolt mod and works pretty good. 

Thanks

Big Grin

Good
21-11-2013 09:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes apt323's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
apt323 Offline

RE: Input need for next purchase
the MT3 from fasttech I got yesterday works great (biggest hit I have ever taken so far) until you lay it down flat for a 10 minutes or so then it floods and gurgles and wont hit very good until you clean it again!  Is it something I am doing wrong or is it a flaw in the unit?

thanks
22-11-2013 04:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
apt323 Offline

well got it narrowed down

This one https://www.fasttech.com/products/1389502 X10 protank

this one https://www.fasttech.com/products/1439803 K2

This one https://www.fasttech.com/products/1536000 iclear 30's

Anyone have any input on this?
22-11-2013 06:42 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
JohnnyMac Offline
The Mac Daddy!
Administrators

Likes Given: 1,217
Hey, apt323!  Welcome to TVF!  So sorry for the delayed response to your posts.  I've been really busy and distracted lately.  Very glad you found your way here.  

The only one of the 3 atomisers you linked to that I have is the iClear 30 and I highly recommend it.  No leaks, no gurgling, no dry hits...it rocks but is huge and only works with the tip it comes with.  I would also recommend the KWX10 clearos.  I have the gold version of this one and this silver model.  The only difference is one model has replaceable tips and the other has a tip like the Kangers.  it's very hard to flood the KWX10 clearos and they perform fantastically!  I really like mine and use them more than any others at the moment.

You may want to consider getting into drip atomisers as well.  The performance and flavor is fantastic!  Right now FT is selling some classic bottom tankers like the Kraken and the Pulse-G.  You will have to be willing to roll your own coils but that's half the fun.  Let us know what you decide to do. Smile
22-11-2013 07:16 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JohnnyMac's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,351
Hey buddy, I'm really sorry for the late response.

I did a little digging around of the type of unit's your using. The Evod is an incredible good vape actually, the only thing I tend to find which I notice is a slight plastic taste. I get that too with the CE4 type tanks. I'm not sure if it's psychological or whether I genuinely can taste it but I tend to do better with the Pyrex tanks.

I don't really use clearomisers at the moment but what I can very highly recommend is the Davide Tank, although it may be a little big if you're wanting an Evod sized tank. Alternatively though it may be worth trying the Mini Protank

Here's a video comparing the Mini Protank, the Evod and the T3 which might be useful

I know the iclear 30 does perfomr well. I've opnly heard good things about it from JohnnyMac so that could be another option worth considering.

The x10 tank is another awesome tank but modelled on the original protank it may be a little large. 

Whatever you choose I think you're on the right track with your types of choices, but I thought I'd throw the Mini Protank in the mix as it might just be what you're after. Smile

PS.. welcome to TVF too, it's great that you found us and hopefully we can help you out.
22-11-2013 07:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
gords1001 Offline
Sir Gords - Slayer of Joose !

Likes Given: 500
I would strongly recommend the davide glassomiser myself,  I think they also do a mini version but you'd have to check on that. 

For robust use, a good mech mod and a dripper is hard to beat. Coil it yourself and use a SMALL amount of cotton wool and you'll never look back. There are many many videos on youtube to help you get the idea and the "how do you dip your wick" thread is worth a look, I would personally recommend the ud igo units, with the caveat, be ready to drill out your airholes, none of mine have got through 24hrs without being opened out.

Mod wise. I have a private v2 and a stainless nemesis clone,  both are very good but the private gets my nod in a work environment. 

I also have a dammed expensive atmizoo roller, and in all honesty, I would save up and get a good original mod having tried both out. Do try to choose one that is kick compatible or can have a kick ring added, you may find that capability usefull. 

If you are planning on running mech mods and dont have a variable voltage / variable wattage device,  get an ohm meter or use your resistance setting on your multimeter. 

For a vv/vw device, I don't think you can go wrong with the vamo myself, but the stainless steel version is more durable than the chromed brass version. The vamo will also take pretty much any 18650 you can throw at it. The mech mods I am finding are tight and only seem to want unprotected cells, although the roller seems happy enough with a keeppower 3400mah cell if you wish as its bored over 19mm.

Hope all this helps and good luck with your search.
22-11-2013 07:53 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gords1001's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
apt323 Offline

Thanks for all the input, so many choices! I guess i should add i kind of really want something that is in the 2.5ml tank size as some days i have no chance refill and dont wanna run out. I am currently using the 1300mah battery as i like now small it is. I will be carrying it in my pocket all the time with my 602c flashlight so dont want to over fill my pockets. I have the bolt clone from fasttech but dont have any 18500's to shortin it up. 

How long would a mod with a 18350 in it last? I probably use about 2ml of juice on an average day.
22-11-2013 08:43 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
gords1001 Offline

I got through a day on an 18350 in my roller today. Granted, I had three other mods to go at but I'd say two 18350 cells should easily cover a days vaping. I was using an rsst atomiser with a 1.3ohm coil.  That would easily cover your juice capacity. If you were to add a kick set to a sane level you'd see longer out of your cells. Any cell in a pure mech mod seems to taper off at 3.6v, a kick is a variable wattage device, it will regulate down to 3.2ish volts, I have read not to cheap out though and get the proper evolv kick or kick2.

Here's my roller with rsst. Now a kick ring would add 15mm or close to 5/8" in length to that, and I'd got for a bottom coil tank over a genesis for pocket carry, a fogger v2 or v3 seems like its worth a look and is definitely on my list. The nemesis is one of the smallest mods, comes with a kick ring and tubes to go from 18350 to 18650,  so may be worth a look. The fasttech clones also seems to take true nemesis parts, so you could add a hybrid adaptor and shorten it up if you chose. 

[Image: 20131122_093317_zps7cee0705.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2013 09:02 PM by gords1001.)
22-11-2013 08:57 PM
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
All excellent answers, bear in mind that when it comes to your clearomizer that Kanger models use a bottom coil and give a bit cooler vape. Vi Vi Nova and Innoken are top coil and will give a warmer vape. I have not used the I clear (yet) but have used the kangers and Vi Vi sets. I am moving to lower resistance coils as they seem to give a better taste and vape. Lower resistance coils seem to burn out a little faster. Lower resistance coils also seem to work better with Ego style batteries. I find that coils in the 2.5ohm range just don't really give me a satisfying experience but on a Vamo they can work fine.

I usually go through 1 1/2 18350 batteries a day in my Vamo (single battery configuration), but I tend to vape all day long. I really like the Kanger T3S better than the MT3S as I seem to get a slower use of liquid with a nice vape.

maybe next month after I get the store opened I will try mechanical MOD sets and to re coil my own. For now the Vamo or the Tesla work for me.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
23-11-2013 04:35 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes madecov's post:
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)
gords1001 Offline

Variable wattage is certainly better for run time in my experience.  Same atomiser on a vamo vs a mech modwith ccomparable cells lasts much longer. The ability to "boost" your output over the direct drive of a mech mod is certainly helpful too. Its why I'm itching to get a kick2 or two, particularly since the price has dropped on them. 

I also really want to build up a dna20 box mod. Definite project for next year. Possibly dna20 with a 32650......that should see me through a day lol
23-11-2013 09:18 AM
vapejuiceuk (05-21-2016)