Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice Innokin MVP 2.0 or Eleaf istick
ambro Offline

Likes Given: 5
Innokin MVP 2.0 or Eleaf istick
I currently have the Kanger EVOD ... but still need to cut back from the last 15 menthol cigs a day so I'm looking at a new setup.

I am currently looking at the Innokin MVP 2.0 and the Eleaf istick.

I don't understand a lot of the electrical, or building stuff .... so the simpler setup the better for me! Smile

Any advice?
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 03:24 AM by ambro.)
31-01-2015 10:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,341
RE: Innokin MVP 2.0 or Eleaf iTaste
I'll assume you're talking about the Eleaf iStick. We're actually comparing the iTaste MVP 2.0 (made by Innokin) to the Eleaf iStick. The iStick is definitely the better of the two. They're around the same price, and the iStick has higher voltage/wattage limits, meaning it can produce more vapor by turning up the power. It's also much smaller, which isn't a concern to me since I use box mods a lot but hey, it matters to some people. As far as simplicity, they both are about equal. I've owned both, and they are both great devices. I used an MVP 2.0 for almost a year before I got into mechanical mods and box mods, and I was always happy with it, but the iStick is basically an upgrade to the MVP. 

As far as electrical stuff, all you really need to know is that higher wattage or voltage means more vapor, but can also burn out your coils if you go too high. 
01-02-2015 03:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
ambro Offline

Likes Given: 5
RE: Innokin MVP 2.0 or Eleaf istick
Yup that's what I meant ... been researching all day and names are muddled in my he'd!  Thanks again Micheal!

What would be a recommended clearomizer for the istick? Is that even the right word for what I mean? 
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 03:32 AM by ambro.)
01-02-2015 03:25 AM
Michael Offline
Oh, where have I gone off to...

Likes Given: 17,341
Yeah that's the right word, clearomizer just means an atomizer that is clear so you can see how much juice is in it. I use a Kangertech ProTank 3 mini, mostly because it's cheap and it vapes pretty well. I've heard great things about the Aspire Nautilus, it's supposed to be a much better atty if you don't mind paying a few dollars more than the ProTank. But there are other people on here who know more about tanks than I do, I'm sure they'll show up and give some input.
01-02-2015 04:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
tuftony352 (08-19-2015)
Nihilum Offline

Likes Given: 0
Both mods are good and similarly priced as stated before.  For tanks, I'd recommend the Nautilus.  They are sturdy, easy to maintain, and produce nice amounts of vapor.  I have several Nautilus tanks, and I still use them even on my box mod when I feel like vaping several flavors in succession.
01-02-2015 06:45 AM
madecov Offline

Likes Given: 2
There are a few differences in the devices. The MVP can also be used as a power bank portable charger. Size and button placement is different. I have had a few I stick's that exhibit an atomizer short warning and have to send them back for exchange. I have had no issues with MVP's. Both will reliably fire at 1.00 ohm. The MVP has a slightly larger battery. If you plan on upgrading to something like a Kanger Subtank I would get the I stick 30 watt. It will give you the ability to use Clearomizers like the Atlantis, Subtank and Delta II. The tech is changing so fast it's hard to keep up. I would look at 30 watt or more boxes just so in the future an upgrade path will be easier.

[Image: 1379125800_10_1_USD_5_dark.png]
03-02-2015 05:13 AM