Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice From smoking a pack a day to vaping
Lucy53 Offline

Likes Given: 0
From smoking a pack a day to vaping
I have recently gotten into vaping. I just have a simple ego-ce4 starter kit for now that I bought at a local gas station. It has helped me almost reach my goal to quit smoking. I have a few different flavors I ordered from the vape mall. Anyways, i did not have a cigarette for 3-4 days, then I caved and have had like 4 in the past 2-3 days. I heard switching from cigarettes to vaping can give u mouth sores. Anyone else heard of this? Only asking because Ive never had a canker sore in my life but I sure do have one now!.. Is this from the transition? Will it get worse before it gets better? 
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2016 01:02 PM by Lucy53.)
11-01-2016 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,437
RE: From smoking a pack a day to vaping
Wtf?! I certainly hope not!
Firstly I'd like to point out canker is a Shakespeareian word that became cancer.. I doubt vaping caused that! I'd say it's a cold sore, from a viral infection called herpes simplex (hsv1) and easily contracted by contact with others infected. Likely someone with it had their gob around your ecig or it lay dormant in you before now. Or just simple mouth ulcers.
There could be allergic reaction too, but it's not very common.
As for still craving, it's perfectly normal Smile just try to hit the vape when you get one and hope you refrain from lighting up. It's a process, for some quitting happens over night for others it's months.

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
11-01-2016 01:18 PM
Lucy53 Offline

I'm not thinking its from vaping I just read an article saying smokers have lots of alkaline in their saliva ( ummm yuck!!) and basically it's like detoxing from it and releasing the bad stuff out which causes the sores. Guess it doesn't sound far off lol 
11-01-2016 01:27 PM
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,437
Could you pop in a link to the article please. Smile

Oh, and I forgot to say.. welcome to tvf lucy Wink

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
11-01-2016 01:37 PM
Lucy53 Offline

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/...ng.452996/ this is one I read, looked through my history for the alkaline one but can't seem to locate it. I'll try to google it and see if something similar comes up. 
11-01-2016 02:42 PM
Spasmod Offline
Administrator
Administrators

Likes Given: 8,452
Welcome to TVF Lucy! it's nice to have you join us Good

I've heard of this before from a few folks.. it's just one of the many side effects of quitting smoking that some people endure, though they do usually disappear after a short while.
11-01-2016 03:07 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spasmod's post:
TinWhisker (01-11-2016)
TinWhisker Offline
The Salty Dog
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 19,011
I'm with Spas on this one. It's far more likely to be a condition brought on by quitting smoking more than starting vaping. Smoking affects a whole lot of things you'd never think of.
11-01-2016 05:02 PM
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 16,877
Hi Lucy - You are doing fine with the vaping - it took me 2 months to quit completely so you are doing better than I did. As far as the other complaint it is quite common for this to happen - something to do with your immune system having to change it's routine so to speak and it will pass. Although it did not happen to me a couple of pals got terrible mouth ulcers for the first few weeks then they just went away and never came back. The ulcers I mean[Image: laugh3.gif] Hang in there it is worth it in the end and the best of luck.
11-01-2016 06:06 PM
Michael Offline
TVF Veteran

Likes Given: 17,354
Welcome to the forum! I'll agree with the other folks here, craving a cigarette every now and then is definitely not unusual, after all vaping isn't exactly the same as smoking so it takes a while for your body to get used to the differences, for a long time I still craved cigarettes simply because I enjoyed the action of flicking a lighter even though I enjoy vaping a lot more than I ever enjoyed smoking. Congratulations on deciding to make the switch, it is a process but it sounds like you're well on your way! Just remember, every cigarette you don't smoke is a victory, and if you do give in and have a cigarette, it's not the end of the world, just pick up from there and start vaping instead, and before too long you'll kick the habit entirely Smile 
11-01-2016 10:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Ryan Offline

Likes Given: 87
Welcome to TVF LucySmile
Getting better now?
I could not agree more on their opinions here. There should be an adaption process to change something to another, especially for our own body, even though I never used cigarette before. No worries about it.
12-01-2016 01:00 AM