Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Advice First Device
Zeltu Offline

Likes Given: 1
RE: First Device
(22-12-2015 01:48 AM)PoleCat Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 01:38 AM)Zeltu Wrote:  I would try something cheaper at first to see if you like it.

That's funny, I was going to say exactly the opposite.   Don't waste your money on some cheepo junker because you won't like it.  lol

Anyway, I have the Kangertech kbox mini and I love, love, love it!  Best $60 I've spent so far.   especially when you add a Triton 2 tank to it.  BAM!

Welcome friend, feel free to ask your questions,   you may get some opposing views, but we're all coming from a place of caring for your vaping experience.

Yep definitely Smile, but just because it cheap does not mean its junk Smile 

We retail E-cigs to stores around the UK recently added an online place on ebay I have added one of the cheaper items and it works very well, its no different to the Kangertech Evod in fact produced at the same facility. 

Although with the more expensive ones you will have a better feel and more powerful voltage so the burn is smoother. However for a beginner I would start with a cheap unit and then progress if you enjoy it, as its not to everyones taste Smile 
(This post was last modified: 22-12-2015 02:37 AM by Zeltu.)
22-12-2015 02:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
gentlydoingit* Offline
TVF FreeCycle Manager
FreeCycle Manager

Likes Given: 7,104
Cant sayz i agree with that, I'm with polecat on this one. My experience is that cheap pen type vapes are what put most people off vaping, they're too hit n miss. Some good some not so good, getting a 'good for you' one is a minefield. Usually false economy.
Buying quality if your determined to quit is, as pointed out, the cheaper alternative in the long run. You'll never know if you actually enjoy vaping if your device is poo. Of course not all cheap ones are, but how can you know before buying one? There are plenty of reviews and owners to ask about quality devices, very little genuine info about cheap ones.

I don't think you can promote your business here zeltu, but as your link doesn't work you might get away with it Wink  

Don't forget to apply for the freecycle section!
http://www.thevapingforum.com/Forum-FreeCycle--191
22-12-2015 02:27 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes gentlydoingit*'s post:
ecignut (12-22-2015)
Zeltu Offline

Likes Given: 1
(22-12-2015 01:48 AM)PoleCat Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 01:38 AM)Zeltu Wrote:  I would try something cheaper at first to see if you like it.

That's funny, I was going to say exactly the opposite.   Don't waste your money on some cheepo junker because you won't like it.  lol

Anyway, I have the Kangertech kbox mini and I love, love, love it!  Best $60 I've spent so far.   especially when you add a Triton 2 tank to it.  BAM!

Welcome friend, feel free to ask your questions,   you may get some opposing views, but we're all coming from a place of caring for your vaping experience.

(22-12-2015 02:27 AM)gentlydoingit* Wrote:  Cant sayz i agree with that, I'm with polecat on this one. My experience is that cheap pen type vapes are what put most people off vaping, they're too hit n miss. Some good some not so good, getting a 'good for you' one is a minefield. Usually false economy.
Buying quality if your determined to quit is, as pointed out, the cheaper alternative in the long run. You'll never know if you actually enjoy vaping if your device is poo. Of course not all cheap ones are, but how can you know before buying one? There are plenty of reviews and owners to ask about quality devices, very little genuine info about cheap ones.

I don't think you can promote your business here zeltu, but as your link doesn't work you might get away with it Wink  

Did not intend to advertise just wanted to show an example of a cheap but quality Vape, however removed the link Smile 

Thanks for the advise. 

I agree, however there are some standard devices that are cheap and work really well. 
(This post was last modified: 22-12-2015 02:38 AM by Zeltu.)
22-12-2015 02:38 AM
peter-k Offline

Likes Given: 47
(07-12-2015 06:07 AM)maakya Wrote:  Hey guys, 
   I'm a newbie to the vaping community. I want to purchase my first vape device and I know this place has the perfect answer. I have seen a couple of starter kits. Let me know which one you think would be the perfect buy. Please do mention any suggestions you have. 
1. Kanger NEBOX 60W 
2. Joyetech eVic VTC Mini Tron
3. Joyetech eVic VTC mod + Kanger Subtank Mini
4. Kanger Subox Mini Starter Kit

I'm not looking on spending a lot(Max $80). Please advice me!
Thanks!

2, 3 or 4 will all be good.

I personally would take the eVic Mini with factory tank, and a second 3. party tank for versatility and to do trials. The Kanger Subtank Mini is a good match for the eVic mini.
22-12-2015 03:08 AM
Robjenko Offline
Squonk and toodle Club Member
Super Moderators

Likes Given: 2,030
Hi maakya, Welcome to TVF
AJ's recommendation is valid and so is Zeltu's.
I would suggest you pop along if possible to your local vape shop where hopefully you will find a knowledgeable vendor offering a range of goods both for starter and advanced vapers.
I quit smoking after 40 odd years using a pen style (shown in Pic) so they do work.
Basically my advice is "Buy a quality item" within your budget Good
[Image: CHANGE_zpsht9na1j8.png]

Vaping Saves Lives. To vape is to advocate..
22-12-2015 07:12 AM
[-] The following 1 user Likes Robjenko's post:
ecignut (12-22-2015)
ecignut Offline
Squonk and Toodle Club Member
Senior Staff

Likes Given: 14,918
Hi - Buy the best you can afford - it is still cheaper than cigs. You do not need to spend a lot of money for decent 'stuff' expense comes in when you get into high powered mods and vaping becomes a hobby - it does not cost an arm and a leg for a 30 or 40 watt mod which is all you will need to start at a decent level and a tank that won't leak and has a decent coil.
22-12-2015 09:38 AM